BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

Those expecting an 'easy' away win - why?

One quick look at their away results this season even when they've won games they haven't done so comfortably.

They've failed to win away v Sheff Utd, Rotherham, Birmingham, West Brom, Preston, Blackpool, Cardiff, Reading, Watford and Millwall.

They've won games by a slender 1 goal margin at Huddersfield, Stoke, Luton, Middlesbrough, Swansea and Coventry

They've only won away by 2 or more goals on a few occasions - Sunderland, Hull, Wigan, Norwich, QPR.

I'm not for one minute suggesting it is going to be easy, nor am I confident in the slightest given our form and injury list, but lets not fall for the narrative that prime Real Madrid are turning up and demolishing all they play against. For a side clear at the top they don't often cruise to wins away from home.

• Like 5

Tickets only on sale until 12pm.

I'll go with 19k. 17k home fans. Disappointing to be below 20k, but mid-week, £30-£35, chance of Burnley winning the league and complete lack of advertisement all add up, and only giving them 2k all adds up. Still around 8k walk-ons, perhaps job done in Waggotts eyes.

Edit: On a recount it could be close to 20k. 5.5k BBE sold out, 10k of the 11k JW sold and about 2.5k of the Riverside sold, so maybe 18k home fans

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

My problem is that we've played well especially the last two games and not won. So by that logic we're due a bad result and they are due a performance 😂. I wish we'd of played them last Saturday instead of Coventry their form going into that game. If we'd of hung on those last two games. And we were sitting comfortably on 69 points with less pressure on the league. Tonight would be seen as a free hit. We're expected to get beat.

Now all the pressure is on us because not only do we desperately need to beat them to stop them winning the title at ewood. Now we need a win to keep our play off chances alive. Performance of the season so far needed tonight. We need to make it a scrap and not give them time to pass it around us like at turf moor. We need to battle from the first whistle and get the fans on side.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, superniko said:

Tickets only on sale until 12pm.

I'll go with 19k. 17k home fans. Disappointing to be below 20k, but mid-week, £30-£35, chance of Burnley winning the league and complete lack of advertisement all add up, and only giving them 2k all adds up. Still around 8k walk-ons, perhaps job done in Waggotts eyes.

Edit: On a recount it could be close to 20k. 5.5k BBE sold out, 10k of the 11k JW sold and about 2.5k of the Riverside sold, so maybe 18k home fans

You're over estimating there by quite a bit pal.

What is stated against how many actually turn up are two different things. Against Coventry there were loads of season ticket holders missing in the JW Upper around me, and you could see groups of empty seat all around the back of the Blackburn End 

Edited by Hasta

On 24/04/2023 at 10:46, Mattyblue said:

Where’s @goozburger when you need him?

It'll nearly be time for me to dig out my spreadsheets again!

I'm not looking forward to this game at all. The last-minute goals we've conceded recently have really cost us, and I wonder if it will take the wind out of what little sails we have. I'm also unconvinced we're capable of putting in an impassioned performance against local rivals. I thought we were good, overall, against Preston, but we've managed performances there in recent seasons, yet against Burnley it seems like we just implode.

It sounds like there might be some crowd trouble due to some moronic Dingles. They'll just be waiting to lead by a few before getting cocky. It could get messy.

Yuck. I looked forward to the game at the Dingledome with nerves and excitement, but this one... Maybe our fading promotion hopes is getting to me, especially after too many games without a win. I'll watch on RoversTV, but I just want to skip to tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I think you might be counting the empty Blackburn End Upper in that 18K.

Feels like we've done this a lot over time, but....BBE Lower 5.5k, Jack Walker total 11k, Riverside about 4.5k - so that overall capacity would be 21k) + BBE Upper 2.5k and Darwen End 8k you get the 31.5kish capacity.

i.e. we have the 21k available to home fans. BBE lower is sold out, there's less than 1k empties in Jack Walker and Riverside is about half full, giving us around 17k-18k home fans

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Those expecting an 'easy' away win - why?

One quick look at their away results this season even when they've won games they haven't done so comfortably.

They've failed to win away v Sheff Utd, Rotherham, Birmingham, West Brom, Preston, Blackpool, Cardiff, Reading, Watford and Millwall.

They've won games by a slender 1 goal margin at Huddersfield, Stoke, Luton, Middlesbrough, Swansea and Coventry

They've only won away by 2 or more goals on a few occasions - Sunderland, Hull, Wigan, Norwich, QPR.

I'm not for one minute suggesting it is going to be easy, nor am I confident in the slightest given our form and injury list, but lets not fall for the narrative that prime Real Madrid are turning up and demolishing all they play against. For a side clear at the top they don't often cruise to wins away from home.

you focus on them being away, but home or away advantage counts for very little in derby games, moreso like this one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Settle for three. No chance we will  stand up this time.We aren’t playing the greatest team in the world for godsake. It’s Burnley with a bunch of highly paid other teams reserves. It worked for them and total respect but come on let’s treat them with the respect they deserve and fuck em.

I’ve never known us be so defeated we’ve been playing well but it nor working. We are a total different team than at that shithole

fucking hell it’s just burnley

Exactly! People are acting like we are playing city, it’s just Burnley and their key players is out and it’s a different rovers team to last November 

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I think Morton will be a bigger loss tonight than perhaps people may think.

Not because it's Morton per se, but because we've no ready made replacement who's either got some games under his belt (Garrett), or would have to move positions (JRC).

I hope he doesn't go back to 2 in the middle; we might then get rolled over.

Rather one of our own in garret who’s got some bite about him and will gain pivotal experience from it than soft lad morton, this is a crunch derby we need everyone 100% commited 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, superniko said:

I pretty much counted the empties. 1k missing from JW and about half the Riverside - I make that about 18k home fans. Pal.

The BBE lower holds c5k max, the JW around 10k and all shaded out areas aren't seats sold. Pal

I'd love you to be right but if there's more than 16k home fans ( which will be good anyway ) i'd be amazed.

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Would dropping Dack into a midfield 3 be a terrible option?

The negatives mentioned with him tends to be pace/closing down/high press, if he's replacing Morton he didn't have any of those attributes either, and playing in a 3 will take that pressure off, and hopefully allow himself and Adam Wharton to control the game.

It would sort of revert back to a 4-2-3-1 when attacking, with Dack moving forward and JRC filling in the middle behind him.

Concern obviously that he has had no game time, even a cameo from the bench for a while.

Pears

JRC - Carter - Hyam - Pickering

Dack - Travis - Wharton

Thomas  -  Szmodics  -  Diaz

Other option is JRC moves up there and Brittain comes in (who has been shakey in a few sub appearances), or straight swap with Garrett in for Morton. Otherwise back to 2 in midfield I guess. Not a chance he is picking Edun.

That's what I would do. Dack surely can't start a game like this, JRC plays midfield anyway and Brittain is quite capable.

Bast we can do imo. Hedges low on confidence I'd imagine and Dolan has disappointed

31 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

16k seats taken by home fans as per the ticket map, 2k away - plus i'd assume the 12pm cut-off also means no walk-ins are allowed.

Could be around 18k tonight, providing the ST holders show up.

They'll be counted anyway.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

That's what I would do. Dack surely can't start a game like this, JRC plays midfield anyway and Brittain is quite capable.

Bast we can do imo. Hedges low on confidence I'd imagine and Dolan has disappointed

Thomas has been poor also. If you rolled Thomas and Hedges into one you might have a good winger !