BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

Am going to this after all, courtesy of my good buddy Andy. Just been down to the club shop and they were more than happy to accommodate us. We had a walk around the ground and even a peek in at the Riverside / Darwen end corner - the pitch looks great, the stadium is actually very impressive when empty (it will be even better when the Walkersteel is demolished and the job finished!) and the atmosphere was one of calm anticipation.

I really do hope the famous Blue and White livery of Blackburn Rovers writes a new chapter in the ongoing saga of our history in t'El Classico. Hoping beyond hope for a strong performance from our players and a full commitment to defeating the old foe.

Whatever happens, I will be proud to add my voice to the home volume and as long as we play to the end with our heads held high, I will be proud to be a Wild Irish Rover till the day I die.

Come On You Blues!

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I've never seen an opposition forum more certain of victory than this lot on UTC.

As they should be.

We don't have a recognised striker in the squad - and some would argue you could complain to Trading Standards if you listed Gallagher as one. 

The end of the season has been ruined by the World Cup - 8 games in a month for a squad as small as ours is just brutal. 

We're going to lose tonight and Burnley are going to 'win' the title at Ewood. Sadly as Rovers fans we're being punished for a crime we didn't commit - with no sign of it ending either. 

• Like 1

I’m having to have a drink to try and settle my nerves. It’d be bad enough playing them if we were both mid table, and I’m less bothered than I thought I’d be about the prospect of them winning the league, it’s only the second division after all. But the fact our season hinges on this game (totally unnecessarily thanks to our recent crap form) makes it practically unbearable.

If ever there was a night for a big performance it’s now. Anything less than 100% effort, passion and graft will be unforgivable. Time for heroes to be made.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Am going to this after all, courtesy of my good buddy Andy. Just been down to the club shop and they were more than happy to accommodate us. We had a walk around the ground and even a peek in at the Riverside / Darwen end corner - the pitch looks great, the stadium is actually very impressive when empty (it will be even better when the Walkersteel is demolished and the job finished!) and the atmosphere was one of calm anticipation.

I really do hope the famous Blue and White livery of Blackburn Rovers writes a new chapter in the ongoing saga of our history in t'El Classico. Hoping beyond hope for a strong performance from our players and a full commitment to defeating the old foe.

Whatever happens, I will be proud to add my voice to the home volume and as long as we play to the end with our heads held high, I will be proud to be a Wild Irish Rover till the day I die.

Come On You Blues!

Good man, everyone welcome and everyone needed.

True Story ....

In the early 90s I lived in Birmingham and booked myself into a clinic for a vasectomy. The young doctor was "slashing and cutting" as they do and he said you're not from round here, where are you from?

More slashing and cutting, Blackburn I proudly reply, slash, cut ...... I'm from Burnley he says, terror strikes me, fortunately for you I don't follow football.

😱😯🤣🤣

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Here we go, not perfect as it does need tweaking for stairs etc but this took me 5 mins in MS word using a screen shot from Ticketmaster! I'm sure people at the club have a more detailed seating plan!

It doesn't look central as I couldn't screen shot the whole stand with the seats but the empty bit on the LHS is the same as on the RHS.

image.thumb.png.13820c0383a66746a6fd48abbbd957b5.png

Like with what seems to be most initiatives at Ewood these days I think the idea is a good one, but it is executed in a way that just comes across as cheap and tacky.

I think from a distance large white lettering in the stands in the upper tiers, especially given they are never used, and improves the look of the ground.

But as has been pointed out it hasn't been done properly, its off centre, the letters are of different sizes and it doesn't fit right. Then when you look at it from an angle or more closely it looks cheap - like someone has stuck a load of white bin liners over the seats.

How much would it cost to do it properly with new white seating? Surely not that much more? Perhaps 1000 seats required out of 3000 in the upper tier? How much would 1000 plastic white seats cost when comparing to the reported £3000 we've paid until the end of the season for this?

It's also quite short sighted because if we did get in the play-offs and played Middlesbrough or West Brom I suspect they'd be wanting to give them the upper tier as part of their allocation. Meaning it would have to be removed.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As they should be.

We don't have a recognised striker in the squad - and some would argue you could complain to Trading Standards if you listed Gallagher as one. 

The end of the season has been ruined by the World Cup - 8 games in a month for a squad as small as ours is just brutal. 

We're going to lose tonight and Burnley are going to 'win' the title at Ewood. Sadly as Rovers fans we're being punished for a crime we didn't commit - with no sign of it ending either. 

Belief is all, we won’t lose tonight.

• Like 1

Please could I ask all Rovers' fans to remember those of our number who can't be in our  traditional seats tonight because we're in Hospital?

Please give those boys in Blue 'n' White a specially loud cheer on behalf of those of us - special pleading on behalf of yours truly, who would MUCH rather be in the Riverside than in the Royal Blackburn Hospital from 8.00! - who, having endured a hellish journey home from the Away game, can't be at the game of the year to see justice done.

Thanks, lads!😉

• Like 9

1 minute ago, R0verb0y said:

Please could I ask all Rovers' fans to remember those of our number who can't be in our  traditional seats tonight because we're in Hospital?

Please give those boys in Blue 'n' White a specially loud cheer on behalf of those of us - special pleading on behalf of yours truly, who would MUCH rather be in the Riverside than in the Royal Blackburn Hospital from 8.00! - who, having endured a hellish journey home from the Away game, can't be at the game of the year to see justice done.

Thanks, lads!😉

Hopefully you’ll be feeling much better by 10 PM 🤞 

6 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Good afternoon one and all,

Nerves are setting in in this particular part of East Lancashire. A decent bottle of Malbec is " breathing ", and Mrs Sympathetic Claret is bracing herself for an evening of her husband of 34 years, issuing fearful invective at the Television Screen ...

Wherever you're taking in the game, live, TV or online, have a good evening ! Let's hope both sides D***head elements are controlled, and it passes off without incident. I stand by my previous 2-1 Rovers win prediction ... don't know enough about t'Rovers players to predict scorers, but Benson for us ...

Whatever happens, I won't be posting until tomorrow ..... licking wounds if defeated, and living up to my soubriquet of " Sympathetic Claret " and not rubbing it in if we win !!

Be nice if we could follow you back up to the Premiership to carry on rivalry.  Hopefully your boys are already on the beach.   

48 minutes ago, arbitro said:

At quarter to five the police were outnumbering the Dingles in Darwen by eight to one and there were eight bobbies.

😃😃

Yep. Just drove down and it’s dead bar police cars and vans.

• Like 2

• Backroom

I won’t wish you luck @sympatheticclaret but echo your sentiments 

Hope there’s no bother and realistically most scenarios should steer clear anyway, we win and your lot can downplay it with league position, a draw and everyone just goes home, your lot win and I imagine our fans will be out of there as quickly as possible even with the inevitable pitch invasion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I've never seen an opposition forum more certain of victory than this lot on UTC.

A lot of it is bravado; they’re worried after their recent form.

They also recognise that we’re a different animal to the one they beat earlier in the season.

I’ve been saying for days; we’ll win this.

• Like 2

Just now, Andy said:

A lot of it is bravado; they’re worried after their recent form.

They also recognise that we’re a different animal to the one they beat earlier in the season.

I’ve been saying for days; we’ll win this.

Yeah. Weaker and in worse form.

• Like 1