BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

The BBE lower holds c5k max, the JW around 10k and all shaded out areas aren't seats sold. Pal

I'd love you to be right but if there's more than 16k home fans ( which will be good anyway ) i'd be amazed.

I’d love to see Ewood packed like the Oxford match but happy the Dingle allocation has been restricted and the most important thing tonight is the result. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The BBE lower holds c5k max, the JW around 10k and all shaded out areas aren't seats sold. Pal

I'd love you to be right but if there's more than 16k home fans ( which will be good anyway ) i'd be amazed.

There will be more than 11k fans in the JW/Riverside combined, so providing the BBE Lower is sold out (been greyed out for days) there will be more than 16k home fans. 

(as pointed out in the original post it's still a bit depressing to be sub 20k for this match but there wasn't a single finger lifted to make any incentives by the lot running the show).

EDIT: the other thing I was thinking yesterday was the fact we'll have 7/8/9k walk-ons coming to this - we should be plastering SEASON TICKET messaging all over the place. Leaflets on seats or handed out when leaving the ground. Lots of floating fans, potential to win the local derby and get back in the top 6 (we know this won't happen as it didn't vs Oxford or Bournemouth at the end of previous seasons)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I’d love to see Ewood packed like the Oxford match but happy the Dingle allocation has been restricted and the most important thing tonight is the result. 

If ‘passionate’ folk like Mercer and many others that I know, wont turn up to support their team, in this fixture, with so much on the line….. how on earth do we ever fill the ground !!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

If ‘passionate’ folk like Mercer and many others that I know, wont turn up to support their team, in this fixture, with so much on the line….. how on earth do we ever fill the ground !!!

They ain't turning up because they know we have a team of bottlers, a manager who doesn't know his best team despite virtually a full season, and the score can be predicted....and it's £30

4 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I understand people not going because they are working or struggle to get to night matches but not going because effectively you are scared. That's a new one on me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

They ain't turning up because they know we have a team of bottlers, a manager who doesn't know his best team despite virtually a full season, and the score can be predicted....and it's £30

Come on, that is the lot of a football fan. Most would love the chance to take a great step towards promotion and humble their bitter rivals. Hopefully, you’ll be joining me and others there to support your team and not sitting it out and making excuses not to attend, like Mercer.

That’s not a bad effort at all, even the Walkersteel isn’t as bad it was this time yesterday.

Should be a good crowd and should spur the lads on.

I’d start Szmods as part of the central 3, as the ball carrier and Dack at the False 9.

Dingles will struggle to pick Dack’s movement up, leaving gaps for Szmods.

And if we’re getting crosses into the middle, Dack is preferable to Dolan in every single instance.

Still saying we’re doing them tonight and it’ll be more comfortable than what anyone will be imagining.

421C0C3C-2EA9-4731-B00A-AF8E33C76A40.jpeg

People seem to forget how few ST holders we now have, ergo it's bloody difficult to 'fill' the ground for any game as you have to rely on vast numbers of walk-ons to rock up. But to sell c6k walk-ons is fine, it's double the usual, and this is a Sky midweek at top whack pricing to boot.

End of the day there is only one solution - SELL MORE SEASON TICKETS!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

People seem to forget how few ST holders we now have, ergo it's bloody difficult to 'fill' the ground for any game as you have to rely on vast numbers of walk-ons to rock up. But to sell c6k walk-ons is fine, it's double the usual, and this is a Sky midweek at top whack pricing to boot.

Swag's remit is to bring in a quantum of cash, not fill the ground. 

Get behind the balance sheet FFS!

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

People seem to forget how few ST holders we now have, ergo it's bloody difficult to 'fill' the ground for any game. But to sell c6k walk-ons is fine, it's double the usual, and this is a Sky midweek at top whack pricing.

Fully agree, SWAG needs to follow the path well travelled by Notlob and Knob End, to great effect. Unfortunately, that isn’t happening and also understand the Sky impact and the difficult economic climate but still, anyone with the club’s interests should be there for a single fixture and given the opposition and what rides on the outcome.

2 hours ago, berkshireblue said:

No Burnley fans will be in rovers end, get the tickets and support the boys , its a massive game

Too late our evening sorted.  Eight of us for an early dinner (4 Roverites, 4 Clarets) with both claret and blue wine for starters (a glass of each is obligatory).  Once the game starts, the drinks really will flow - it will be lively but all good natured.

Let's hope we are all celebrating in our own way!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Too late our evening sorted.  Eight of us for an early dinner (4 Roverites, 4 Clarets) with both claret and blue wine for starters (a glass of each is obligatory).  Once the game starts, the drinks really will flow - it will be lively but all good natured.

The dingles aren’t wanted, probably couldn’t come if they wanted to and in any event their job is done. The Rovers contingent are going missing in action 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Pictures or it didn't happen. 

The more I think about it, the more I want Dack to start tonight. End of the season (and possibly his time at Rovers) approaching, chance to go from cult hero to legend.

Barnes was instrumental for them in the reverse fixture. Dack has far more about him than that knuckle-dragging potato with legs. He can be our difference maker.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Whilst I see what you've done there, having claret and blue wine sounds very......Dingley! 

I'd much rather be at the game supporting the lads. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The more I think about it, the more I want Dack to start tonight. End of the season (and possibly his time at Rovers) approaching, chance to go from cult hero to legend.

Barnes was instrumental for them in the reverse fixture. Dack has far more about him than that knuckle-dragging potato with legs. He can be our difference maker.

I agree, I worry about his fitness, like many Burnley fans they seem to enjoy telling us how they "pass teams to death", but yes, if any fixture was made for him to cement his legend at Rovers then this is it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superniko said:

There will be more than 11k fans in the JW/Riverside combined, so providing the BBE Lower is sold out (been greyed out for days) there will be more than 16k home fans. 

(as pointed out in the original post it's still a bit depressing to be sub 20k for this match but there wasn't a single finger lifted to make any incentives by the lot running the show).

EDIT: the other thing I was thinking yesterday was the fact we'll have 7/8/9k walk-ons coming to this - we should be plastering SEASON TICKET messaging all over the place. Leaflets on seats or handed out when leaving the ground. Lots of floating fans, potential to win the local derby and get back in the top 6 (we know this won't happen as it didn't vs Oxford or Bournemouth at the end of previous seasons)

Agreed although the best marketing prospectus for season tickets is a good performance hopefully topped with a good result.

That's something we have't been good at in recent times when there are a lot more than usual on.

• Like 2