BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

5 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Morton out for the season - a shame as he's looked alright in a midfield 3.

Stretches our already stretched squad a bit further. 

Wow, the January transfer window made even worse. No striker and the failure of LOB could cost us, if it hadn’t already - JDT must be fuming! 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Lock up your daughters 😂.

Weren't you a Rovers follower in the '70's and '80's and if it wasn't on Sky would you just miss it altogether?

I think your predictions above will go the same way as your results forecasts.

I do like how Merce is the first one to bang on about ‘having bollocks’ etc, yet he can’t find his in order to go and watch a football match in the genteel surroundings of the JWU. 😁

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my revised team 

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering 

Szmodics Travis Wharton

Hedges Leonard BBD

Subs:- Kaminski Wharton Brittain Garrett Dolan Thomas Dack

I'd keep Szmodics up top centrally and bring Garrett in for Morton. I'd definitely have Leonard on the bench though with the intention of him playing a good amount of the second half. 

Only other option I see is playing a 4231 with Szmodics up top and Dack in the number 10 position. However I'd be pained to see us move away from 433 against Burnley. I think they will dominate the midfield if we've only got 2 players in there.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The allocation is just under 2000 with the various phases listed too. I think you should get your tickets but he on the ball on Friday morning.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/april/19/ticket-news-millwall-v-rovers/

Cheers mate, didn't spot it on the site so much appreciated. I'll be all over it Friday so hopefully get sorted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I do like how Merce is the first one to bang on about ‘having bollocks’ etc, yet he can’t find his in order to go and watch a football match in the genteel surroundings of the JWU. 😁

Good one!

Seriously, when I was 'a lad', I got caught up in some situations I shouldn't have - some 50 years on, not quite as 'handy' as I once was! 

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Good one!

Seriously, when I was 'a lad', I got caught up in some situations I shouldn't have - some 50 years on, not quite as 'handy' as I once was! 

I think we have all been there and fortunately, most people mature with age.

At the tender age of 58 I prefer a bit of banter of the like I just got involved in about an hour ago.

The person I had the banter with, will be spending quite a bit of the 10 days with me, that I am back in the UK for and win lose or draw, we will be having a few beers together too.

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

Cheers Rig, appreciate it. Just booking flights and hotel so be a killer to struggle for a ticket. It's saying the Den give the entire north stand to away supporters (which is 4k) so should be ok if that's the case.

It's rare they open the lower tier they usually just make the top available so i expect that to be the case.

• Like 1

BBE lower sold out 

family section got single seats dotted about and the end blocks where you can see newt have a few available together 

Jw upper on both sides plenty available 

riverside shockingly empty as usual

think this proves how fickle our fan base is, regardless of it being a night match this should be every rovers fans number 1 game to attend especially local ones, be pretty sure if we was sitting pretty on good form the crowd would be big, even in recent years riverside and jw lowers we’re always full too, so why not now ? Chance to get us up and running back in the play offs again, they turned up for games like Bournemouth and Boxing Day encounters etc so why not in a arch derby ? 

riverside though being nearly 6k capacity is way too big, it’s embarrassing, not exactly a walk ons choice so it’s mainly filled with the same dedicated riversides, soon as money is available that stand needs pulling down and rebuilt in line and identical to the other 3 with half the capacity it is at now, not only is it always depressingly empty making it an eyesore from the view of the JW especially but also it’s away from the pitch, the red and blue seating bothers anybody with OCD and pride in their stadium plus the fact the gantry makes it look worse and the back of it is an embarrassment for a clue of our stature.. if you walk round the back it’s used as a dumping ground with old advertising boards and furniture etc dumped in it like something you’d see in non league. All that needs to be brought up with waggot, cause of funds ain’t currently there to redevelop which they obviously aren't then atleast tidy it up and jazz the place up and make it look professional instead of a non league eye sore 

Edited by TheRovers1994
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

BBE lower sold out 

family section got single seats dotted about and the end blocks where you can see newt have a few available together 

Jw upper on both sides plenty available 

riverside shockingly empty as usual

think this proves how fickle our fan base is, regardless of it being a night match this should be every rovers fans number 1 game to attend especially local ones, be pretty sure if we was sitting pretty on good form the crowd would be big, even in recent years riverside and jw lowers we’re always full too, so why not now ? Chance to get us up and running back in the play offs again, they turned up for games like Bournemouth and Boxing Day encounters etc so why not in a arch derby ? 

riverside though being nearly 6k capacity is way too big, it’s embarrassing, not exactly a walk ons choice so it’s mainly filled with the same dedicated riversides, soon as money is available that stand needs pulling down and rebuilt in line and identical to the other 3 with half the capacity it is at now, not only is it always depressingly empty making it an eyesore from the view of the JW especially but also it’s away from the pitch, the red and blue seating bothers anybody with OCD and pride in their stadium plus the fact the gantry makes it look worse and the back of it is an embarrassment for a clue of our stature.. if you walk round the back it’s used as a dumping ground with old advertising boards and furniture etc dumped in it like something you’d see in non league. All that needs to be brought up with waggot, cause of funds ain’t currently there to redevelop which they obviously aren't then atleast tidy it up and jazz the place up and make it look professional instead of a non league eye sore 

Would sorting out “an eyesore” really be your first priority if you had money to spend?!?!