BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why no chance? 

We are on a terrible run of form struggling to score goals and giving stupid goals away and were playing the team with the best defensive record in the league and the 2nd best goals for.

3 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We played dolan up front against Preston, why not try shzmodics up front, he takes his goals well when given the chance. Thomas has to start against Burnley, he gave the Preston full backs nightmares at time.

yes,thomas was so good that in the interests of fairness and sportsmanship,jdt agreed to take him off at half time to give preston a chance

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We played dolan up front against Preston, why not try shzmodics up front, he takes his goals well when given the chance. Thomas has to start against Burnley, he gave the Preston full backs nightmares at time.

And he actually shoots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski

JRC
Carter
Hyam
Pickering

Travis
A. Wharton

Hedges
Dack
Szmodics

Leonard

Refuse to argue the point on HL now. We lack a 9, we only have one 9 left and he's the man for the job. No point wasting another 45 minutes doing it wrong again. Dack and Leonard can make something happen between them if we get the ball in the box.

Why have you put Kaminski for Pears when he done nothing massive wrong? 

Why change from 4-3-3 which allows us more control and possession in games? 

Why move Szmodics from his central role for Dack? Szmodics in form and playing very well. 

If we were to play 4-2-3-1 then Leonard has to play with Szmodics in 10 with Dack on Bench

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

JDT has done a good job given all circumstances.

However, come the business end of the season, he has, IMO, froze and tried to play it 'safe' - a timid approach was not what was needed and he's shown when push comes to shove that he hasn't got the minerals.  JDT needed to be BOLD AND BRAVE IN HIS SELECTIONS AND TACTICS - he has failed.

You wont like this because in your eyes no one at Rovers can do any wrong and you continually try to defend the utterly indefensible.

Coventry and Sunderland are the form teams in 5th and 6th and there they will stay.  Are they better than us, no but their managers have made the right calls at the right time.

We might never have a better chance than we had this season - we just needed to grab it by the feckin balls instead of being timid and capitulating.

I disagree he has played it safe at all as we playing the same way as previous games. Sunderland form for the last 10 games is 3 points ahead of us. Not massive at all

Its still in our hands and people like writing us off just annoyed me more and more. Where is the passion, desire and belief in your club you support? You have instead throw the towel in and I can't accept that sort of approach to things. 

Who knows what the Championship division will look like next season, this league is unpredictable and one of the reasons I enjoyed watching it

45 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

We are on a terrible run of form struggling to score goals and giving stupid goals away and were playing the team with the best defensive record in the league and the 2nd best goals for.

Burnley have got 2 points from last 3 games and look to be on the bench. Its a Local derby game so form goes out of the window. I take a 1 nil win 95 min winner own goal if it meant winning and beating them

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Szmodics at least makes intelligent runs in behind which hopefully Wharton can pick out. You don’t see that from Dolan.

I did think Thomas was pretty poor last night though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We played Szmodics up top and dolan left. Or was I watching a different game?

• Like 2

Pears

JRC.  Carter    Hyam.    Pickering

Travis         Morton

Hedges        Wharton        BBD

Sammy  

Edited by Hasta

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

But why. Statistically Pears has been better.

I got a tap on the shoulder at the end of the match from chap behind who said he had liked listening to me and that I certainly knew my football. He then introduced himself as Steven Pears, Ainsley’s Dad and the ex Boro keeper. I’d twigged the smoggy accent when exchanging pleasantries and caught him grinning when I’d suggested that JDT was a breath of fresh air and that Mowbray made me want to slit my wrists 😂 Asked on our chances, he said we just don’t score enough goals.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Blimey, I thought he was dreadful. I can’t remember a time he got a decent cross in all half. We were much better down the right when Hedges came on in the second half.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

Blimey, I thought he was dreadful. I can’t remember a time he got a decent cross in all half. We were much better down the right when Hedges came on in the second half.

I thought Dolan was having a nightmare.

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Reminds me of Ian Miller , quick but little end product..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree he has played it safe at all as we playing the same way as previous games. Sunderland form for the last 10 games is 3 points ahead of us. Not massive at all

Its still in our hands and people like writing us off just annoyed me more and more. Where is the passion, desire and belief in your club you support? You have instead throw the towel in and I can't accept that sort of approach to things. 

Who knows what the Championship division will look like next season, this league is unpredictable and one of the reasons I enjoyed watching it

I've got feckin passion and desire by the bucket load!!!  It's just a shame, IMO,  JDT and his bottlers don't.

Belief in our club?!?!  Difficult when you have, IMO, muppets like Waggott and Broughton running things.  The bottom line is the failure of Broughton to bring in a striker over two windows to score goals has very likely cost our club circa £250million (promotion and parachute payments should we have got relegated)!!!  Let that sink in.  The failure to get the paperwork right to bring O'Brien in as the window closed was yet another nail in the coffin.  Waggott and Broughton are paid big bucks to get things right and make sure things happen as they should - no excuses, the buck stops with them.  Personally, I wouldn't trust them to run a bath.  Belief in our club???  You are surely having a laugh. 

• Like 6

We've been playing better than we have all season, but ironically the results haven't followed.

Someone is due a smashing and I can't think of any other recipient than our six-fingered friends from West Yorkshire.

Rovers 4 - 0 Dingles.

And no, I'm not drunk or high.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I've got feckin passion and desire by the bucket load!!!  It's just a shame, IMO,  JDT and his bottlers don't.

Belief in our club?!?!  Difficult when you have, IMO, muppets like Waggott and Broughton running things.  The bottom line is the failure of Broughton to bring in a striker over two windows to score goals has very likely cost our club circa £250million (promotion and parachute payments should we have got relegated)!!!  Let that sink in.  The failure to get the paperwork right to bring O'Brien in as the window closed was yet another nail in the coffin.  Waggott and Broughton are paid big bucks to get things right and make sure things happen as they should - no excuses, the buck stops with them.  Personally, I wouldn't trust them to run a bath.  Belief in our club???  You are surely having a laugh. 

I can’t believe it’s the fans being accused of throwing the towel in?!?!

• Like 2