BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

Skipping this one, not even going to check twitter etc until it's finished, skipped the last one and after watching the last two matches and how we bottled them I'm not giving this one a watch at all.

Good luck to everyone going and I pray its good for you and your support is rewarded 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Time is going slow, going to feel like a long day 

Just hope we don’t roll over and have our bellies tickled, let them know they are in a fight and take it to them 

• Like 7

I think Morton will be a bigger loss tonight than perhaps people may think.

Not because it's Morton per se, but because we've no ready made replacement who's either got some games under his belt (Garrett), or would have to move positions (JRC).

I hope he doesn't go back to 2 in the middle; we might then get rolled over.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I think Morton will be a bigger loss tonight than perhaps people may think.

Not because it's Morton per se, but because we've no ready made replacement who's either got some games under his belt (Garrett), or would have to move positions (JRC).

I hope he doesn't go back to 2 in the middle; we might then get rolled over.

Tayo Edun is about to tweet “I was born for this moment” any second now. 😀

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

Originally put this in the Championship thread where last night's ref was being discussed, however it's probably more appropraite to post in here:

Tonights's ref is Tim Robinson. The same guy who reffed our cup games with Leicester & Sheff Utd (where he failed to show a 2nd yellow to Jack Robinson). He also took charge of our games with Coventry & Bristol City (both away) earlier in the season sending off Jake Garret & Daniel Ayala in the process. Garret's was subsequently rescinded and, imo, Ayala's was a couple of soft yellows. This f*cker owes us one!!

edit: As @Tyrone Shoelaces has correctly pointed out in the Champ thread, he also completely missed the Leicester player kicking out at Travis in that game. - I'm beginning to think this guy needs a white cane & a Labrador! 

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Tayo Edun is about to tweet “I was born for this moment” any second now. 😀

I think the lad has been a bit unfortunate, with timing of injuries etc when he might have got a chance. Seen him play very well for U21’s this season and think there is a combative player in there. All I ask is that he doesn’t do what he did at Peterborough last season 🙈

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Originally put this in the Championship thread where last night's ref was being discussed, however it's probably more appropraite to post in here:

Tonights's ref is Tim Robinson. The same guy who reffed our cup games with Leicester & Sheff Utd (where he failed to show a 2nd yellow to Jack Robinson). He also took charge of our games with Coventry & Bristol City (both away) earlier in the season sending off Jake Garret & Daniel Ayala in the process. Garret's was subsequently rescinded and, imo, Ayala's was a couple of soft yellows. This f*cker owes us one!!

Let’s hope he is reminded of this and r”rights his wrongs 😊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Lol, live on Sky, Kompany to keep happy and against a team littered with divers. Not a chance.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I think the lad has been a bit unfortunate, with timing of injuries etc when he might have got a chance. Seen him play very well for U21’s this season and think there is a combative player in there. All I ask is that he doesn’t do what he did at Peterborough last season 🙈

I can't get over him coming on against WBA for 30+ minutes very early in the season, not being arsed and every pass being to an oppo player. He did everything in his power to lose that game. Happy for him to leave in Summer and if he's in the line up for Burnley we're done.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Time is going slow, going to feel like a long day 

Just hope we don’t roll over and have our bellies tickled, let them know they are in a fight and take it to them 

And if, as expected, we lose, let's just accept they are a rather better team than we are right now, partly because they had so much more money to spend. I have low expectations of this game.

All I ask is that we leave the pitch knackered and not surrender like we did last time we played them.

That was unacceptable.

Given our final 3 fixtures its unlikely we will get into the play-offs so having low expectations helps to take away much of the pain.

(Another part of me thinks we are owed some luck though!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not that it means much but the Lancs live predicted team is:

0_Team.png

Wouldn't surprise me, but I think that restricts Szmodics by having him too deep and Dolan is generally ineffective there. We've been saying it for weeks, but if we were doing that I'd rather swap Dolan and BBD (or even let them line up as above but be clever enough to keep changing over positions during the game)

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Wouldn't surprise me, but I think that restricts Szmodics by having him too deep and Dolan is generally ineffective there. We've been saying it for weeks, but if we were doing that I'd rather swap Dolan and BBD (or even let them line up as above but be clever enough to keep changing over positions during the game)

Yeah I'm not sure about Szmodics dropping deeper or starting Dolan at all tbh.

If Szmodics drops deeper maybe start Hedges and Thomas and put BBD in the middle but all his success has come off the left and he's been pretty poor of late anyway. 

Our lack of decent options is quite frustrating.

Would dropping Dack into a midfield 3 be a terrible option?

The negatives mentioned with him tends to be pace/closing down/high press, if he's replacing Morton he didn't have any of those attributes either, and playing in a 3 will take that pressure off, and hopefully allow himself and Adam Wharton to control the game.

It would sort of revert back to a 4-2-3-1 when attacking, with Dack moving forward and JRC filling in the middle behind him.

Concern obviously that he has had no game time, even a cameo from the bench for a while.

Pears

JRC - Carter - Hyam - Pickering

Dack - Travis - Wharton

Thomas  -  Szmodics  -  Diaz

Other option is JRC moves up there and Brittain comes in (who has been shakey in a few sub appearances), or straight swap with Garrett in for Morton. Otherwise back to 2 in midfield I guess. Not a chance he is picking Edun.

Edited by superniko

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not that it means much but the Lancs live predicted team is:

0_Team.png

I would be tempted to keep Sammie up top

Play JRC in Midfield in front of Britain... A draw not a disaster with Luton already int he play offs they may rest a couple

23 hours ago, Mercer said:

Firstly, I think limiting Burnley to just 2,000 tickets will back fire as it's very likely many of their fans will have sought to get tickets for other parts of the ground.

Secondly, allowing Burnley fans to make their own way to the ground?!

Thirdly, think some Burnley fans will make their way to Blackburn without tickets and occupy pubs showing the game.

Stay safe those Rovers' fans attending.  I along with a good number of others I know have reluctantly opted to watch the match from our own safe environments.  It's a sad day when football has come to this and I think it's time those Rovers and Burnley fans who harbour a moronic and imbecilic hatred came to their senses. 

Scaremongering anyone would think armed Russians were coming to town

FA Cup replay there were 8k dingles and police had it under control

No Burnley fans will be in rovers end, get the tickets and support the boys , its a massive game

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah I'm not sure about Szmodics dropping deeper or starting Dolan at all tbh.

If Szmodics drops deeper maybe start Hedges and Thomas and put BBD in the middle but all his success has come off the left and he's been pretty poor of late anyway. 

Our lack of decent options is quite frustrating.

Yeah, losing Buckley, Gallagher and Morton recently has come at a real bad time. With having such a small squad it leaves us short of options, especially off the bench. Add to that the sick note that is Ayala, surely vying with Grella as our most injury prone signing ever. And we can’t say we weren’t warned about him, thanks Tony.

9 minutes ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

Going to be honest - think tonight is the night that the play offs are put to bed. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Sunderland stay in there and Mowbray takes them to Wembley. 

Still not over those last 2 and not sure I can face tonight. 

That's the ultimate nightmare. Burnley win the league at Ewood, Rovers miss out on the play-offs and Mowbray gets Sunderland promoted.

• Like 2