BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

So just your view to back up the crap you keep spouting then......

I have literally no reason to "talk shite" on the internet to nobodies like you, you either believe it or you don't, I have zero shits to give on it 🤣

Just like you fella 🤪

If he played more, Hedges would be the man for captain. Here we have a proper team player who isn't shy to open his mouth. 

It needs a more senior player, who will play a majority of games. Give it Pickering and see him flourish. 

35 minutes ago, M_B said:

If he played more, Hedges would be the man for captain. Here we have a proper team player who isn't shy to open his mouth.

Hedges? Really? 🤔

Even if Hedges was a regular, I'm not sure he's ever come across to me as the type who has the fire in his belly to rally the troops, unless you know something that the rest of don't when you say he "isn't shy to open his mouth". I'd honestly say JRC is a more likely candidate, even at his young age!

• Like 3

I'm at Bodmin Town v Huddersfield.  4-0 Hudds at halftime and it's pissing down.

Their No. 10 - could be Koroma? (They are playing 1-11 shirts with no names) looks handy, like Dolan but with an end product 😁 but Bodmin are many leagues below them and have hardly got in Hudds half.

IMG_20230710_190937.jpg

4 hours ago, yankfan said:

Looked like a young kid that was trying too hard not to make a mistake. 

I thought similar, though not necessarily trying too hard not to. He needs this season to have the same season (or better) that A Wharton did last - double digit appearances and be MoM in half of them, demand the ball, show the passing game and be demanding of those around him. Then he’ll be first choice next season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smiller14 said:

I disagree. At the end of the season I felt we played a much improved style of play - less of the aimless, hospital passes in our own third. To me, it felt like as the season progressed we improved considerably, perhaps as the players acclimatised to what they were being asked. I don't think playing passing football is 'bullshit', as much as I thought some of the passing in the first half of the season was terrible. From February (ish) onwards, we seemed to be a lot more pragmatic. 

We pissed away games at the end of the season due to a combination of luck and individual errors. Coventry - so unlucky. Preston - Hedges and Hyam both cocked up. 

I was as critical as anyone at times last season, but I saw reasons to be optimistic and hope we continue trying to play passing football - but less predictably and slowly than in the first half of the season. 

So getting absolutely pumped by the likes of Rotherham, Reading and Preston had nothing to do with us missing out on the playoffs?

If we'd have bothered to show up and actually tried to score a goal or something in all of the games like that we'd have been challenging for second place.

We did improve as the season went on though.

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Hedges? Really? 🤔

Even if Hedges was a regular, I'm not sure he's ever come across to me as the type who has the fire in his belly to rally the troops, unless you know something that the rest of don't when you say he "isn't shy to open his mouth". I'd honestly say JRC is a more likely candidate, even at his young age!

We sit 2nd row back in the JW. Towards the end of the season Hedges was playing right wing and we were surprised just how vocal he was. 

Also, I just get the impression he's a real team player,he certainly puts it in. To be honest, it isn't something that keeps me awake at night either way, but I've always thought he seemed a good sort. 

45 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I'm at Bodmin Town v Huddersfield.  4-0 Hudds at halftime and it's pissing down.

Their No. 10 - could be Koroma? (They are playing 1-11 shirts with no names) looks handy, like Dolan but with an end product 😁 but Bodmin are many leagues below them and have hardly got in Hudds half.

IMG_20230710_190937.jpg

Crafty Warnock, making the friendlies come to him. Who do they play next, Truro? 

26 minutes ago, M_B said:

Crafty Warnock, making the friendlies come to him. Who do they play next, Truro? 

Newquay probably. He has a farm at Helston, always brings his team down here.

Leeds brought about 4,000 ffs

Somebody's doing ok

IMG_20230710_203631.jpg

Edited by DeeCee

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Newquay probably. He has a farm at Helston, always brings his team down here.

Leeds brought about 4,000 ffs

Somebody's doing ok

IMG_20230710_203631.jpg

When Neil Warnock was manager at Palace, I remember he and his wife boarding a Northern line tube just before Christmas loaded down with presents in Hamley's wrapping.

Warnock was wearing a shell suit - and there was a toy Aston Martin poking out of his pocket.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected some 15 years ago!

Edited by philipl

Rovers taken apart by Clitheroe tonight.  4-0 to the home side who looked a very tidy outfit.  Young side but second best in every department.  Really bad luck for Baker who seemed to get a bad injury within the first couple of minutes - eased into the wall by an opponent which seemed unnecessary in friendly.  Powell too was on the receiving end of a bad challenge and we ended up with ten men.  Interesting that a number of the Under-21's who haven't gone to Austria but still didn't turn out tonight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, philipl said:

When Neil Warnock was manager at Palace, I remember he and his wife boarding a Northern line tube just before Christmas loaded down with presents in Hamley's wrapping.

Warnock was wearing a shell suit - and there was a toy Aston Martin poking out of his pocket.

Was it the big end sticking out of his pocket?

1 hour ago, philipl said:

That he was a shoplifting scally?

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Rovers taken apart by Clitheroe tonight.  4-0 to the home side who looked a very tidy outfit.  Young side but second best in every department.  Really bad luck for Baker who seemed to get a bad injury within the first couple of minutes - eased into the wall by an opponent which seemed unnecessary in friendly.  Powell too was on the receiving end of a bad challenge and we ended up with ten men.  Interesting that a number of the Under-21's who haven't gone to Austria but still didn't turn out tonight.

A lot of U21s who weren’t on the published list have also gone to Austria apparently. Steve Waggott told me this afternoon that JDT has taken 50 players.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

A lot of U21s who weren’t on the published list have also gone to Austria apparently. Steve Waggott told me this afternoon that JDT has taken 50 players.

Did he say anything else?

50 seems unmanageably crazy! 

Are the games 90 minutes each on Saturday? Maybe it will be 75 each for (most of) 22 of the players and the remaining kids will finish the game, leading to 90 in following games.

Edited by roversfan99