BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

4 hours ago, alexanders said:

Are Stockport and Girona on RoversTV? 

I do not expect RoversTV to get off their arses.

Girona's 2-0 win v Sheff Utd at the Man City Academy a couple of days ago was live on DAZN LaLiga TV so there must be a chance that they will cover our game. Listing not available until tomorrow.

I can't see anything for the Stockport game but Betis v Dingles shows. Feck.

Currently enjoying Juventus v Milan. Good competitive attacking game, Milan lead 2-1 at HT. Giroud still class and Loftus-Cheek getting a game.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Have we been playing 4-3-3 in the pre-season?

It has certainly looked more like a 4-3-3 than a 4-2-3-1, the extra man, and getting Adam Wharton on the ball will hopefully mean we don't get overrun in central midfield areas this season, and Szmodics can still break forwards

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Looking forward to Stockport tonight. Although I think the 'strongest' team will be reserved for Girona tomorrow I think we might see Pickering, Ennis and Adam Wharton tonight. Maybe even Carter and JRC who are both from Stockport. 

3 tickets purchased for Girona as well. Looks empty on the ticket map which is surprising as the ticket prices are very reasonable. Girona look a very good team on paper played champions league and Europa league last season. Pablo Torre from Barca one to watch. 

my team for the Stockport game

Pears

Brittain Barnes Wharton Batty

Travis Garrett Buckley

Markanday Gallagher Glisenan 

team for Girona game 

Kaminski

JRC   Carter    Hyam    Pickering 

Szmodics Tronstad Wharton

Hedges  Leonard  Dolan

Ennis to come on for the last 30 mins and get some game time before next week 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

And if he doesnt think that better keeper is Kaminski then I seriously question that judgement.

With them both starting afresh, I would expect Kaminski as number 1 and he started last week in the stronger team with Pears playing with the kids.

I honestly don't care who he picks, he'll pick whoever he feels suits his team best, I'm behind either of them.

The results will tell if he got it right. 

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I do not expect RoversTV to get off their arses.

Girona's 2-0 win v Sheff Utd at the Man City Academy a couple of days ago was live on DAZN LaLiga TV so there must be a chance that they will cover our game. Listing not available until tomorrow.

I can't see anything for the Stockport game but Betis v Dingles shows. Feck.

Currently enjoying Juventus v Milan. Good competitive attacking game, Milan lead 2-1 at HT. Giroud still class and Loftus-Cheek getting a game.

If this website is correct then Rovers’ match against Girona isn’t on DAZN.

https://m.livesoccertv.com/channels/dazn-laliga /

Edited by wilsdenrover

2 hours ago, M_B said:

I honestly don't care who he picks, he'll pick whoever he feels suits his team best, I'm behind either of them.

I will be behind whoever too, as will everyone, goes without saying.

But I do care in that having seen both lots, one is clearly better than the other.

I think last season, a mistake was made not putting Kaminski back in. But it was a different choice in that Pears perhaps hadnt done enough to be dropped as he had the gloves at that time. From a new season, surely back to Kaminski and I think he will. That risk of upsetting the applecart has lessened because Pears wouldnt be considered dropped.

On the match report on their website for Girona's 2-0 win against Sheff United it says:-

"Girona's next friendly will take place on Saturday against Blackburn Rovers (16.00, Esport3, Movistar LaLiga, DAZN)."

Plus they've beaten what looks a decent-strength Sheff United team there.

https://www.gironafc.cat/en/news/victory-over-sheffield-united-2-0

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I will be behind whoever too, as will everyone, goes without saying.

But I do care in that having seen both lots, one is clearly better than the other.

I think last season, a mistake was made not putting Kaminski back in. But it was a different choice in that Pears perhaps hadnt done enough to be dropped as he had the gloves at that time. From a new season, surely back to Kaminski and I think he will. That risk of upsetting the applecart has lessened because Pears wouldnt be considered dropped.

It doesn't matter what we think though, although obviously this is the place for debate.

We all know how this goes, if Pears throws one in, Kaminski should have been in, he's a better shot stopper, and if Kaminski gets caught playing out, Pears should have played because he's better with his feet. 

I'm happy with Tomasson's choice, whoever he chooses, I don't think there's much between them to be honest. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, M_B said:

Shall I get you a cushion, so you’re comfortable while sitting on the fence?

😏.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, M_B said:

It doesn't matter what we think though, although obviously this is the place for debate.

We all know how this goes, if Pears throws one in, Kaminski should have been in, he's a better shot stopper, and if Kaminski gets caught playing out, Pears should have played because he's better with his feet. 

I'm happy with Tomasson's choice, whoever he chooses, I don't think there's much between them to be honest. 

I think there is a chasm between them. But as you say it all depends on who JDT wants.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M_B said:

Me thinks , they want to sell Kaminsky..I think he is better goalkeeper than Pears but the tactics we employ puts too much pressure on the keeper!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Shall I get you a cushion, so you’re comfortable while sitting on the fence?

😏.

Who me? 😁

Honestly though, I didn't realise it was compulsory to choose, who would you choose?