BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

16 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Apologies if already discussed, but this insinuates that TK will start as number 1?

Been confirmed as number 1 by JDT- if he stays.

A bigger offer has been received (not clear whether from Luton or someone else) but still only half what we would consider.

• Like 1

Markanday cant be seen as a bonus, thats the problem. Only having Hedges, Dolan and Gallagher fit means we only have him and Leonard as back up, neither has started a league game for us. They probably have less than 400/500 league minutes between them. Thats the situation weve been left in.

• Like 1

At some point every established pro footballer only had 400 to 500 minutes behind them.

It seems from reports the side that came 4th in L1 was flattered by that 4-3 scoreline against a Rovers outfit of 3 established first team regulars and 8 plus subs aspirants.

That sounds like a promising bonus to me especially as we hit the onion bag 4 times to add to the 4 times against the more senior of the two Austrian Bundeslga sides last Saturday and the two against Accy Stanley youngsters and triallists the week before.

Stockport will be another good opportunity as will Wallsall in the League Cup eleven days later.

• Like 2

Markanday looks a LOT leaner at the moment, fair play to him, looks like he's been working hard to get more involvement. I'd have no issues moving Dolan on if he ends up making an impact and Dolan doesn't sign a contract. 

• Like 1

The objective is to give JDT nightmares before every team selection because he has 25 viable choices to select from. Not play FIFA 23.

Sorry that was a bit snappy -what 41 degrees heat does!

Agreed Dolan has to sign or move on.

This will freak folks out but the January window could easily more important to Rovers than this one!

Edited by philipl

54 minutes ago, philipl said:

The objective is to give JDT nightmares before every team selection because he has 25 viable choices to select from. Not play FIFA 23.

This will freak folks out but the January window could easily more important to Rovers than this one!

As soon as any window shuts the next one becomes more important.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Markanday looks a LOT leaner at the moment, fair play to him, looks like he's been working hard to get more involvement. I'd have no issues moving Dolan on if he ends up making an impact and Dolan doesn't sign a contract. 

Dolan plays from the left. His best performances came from there. Leicester city away and Sheff Utd home

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dolan plays from the left. His best performances came from there. Leicester city away and Sheff Utd home

I'd  like to see him on the right.

I accept he's had some good games there but the constant cutting inside and going backwards is infuriating as he can't beat a man for pace and has no left foot.

14 hours ago, philipl said:

Been confirmed as number 1 by JDT- if he stays.

A bigger offer has been received (not clear whether from Luton or someone else) but still only half what we would consider.

Is that a statement by JDT, daring the hierarchy to sell our No1 pick?

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The fact you've quoted 2 games says it all, he has about that many good games a season. The rest he flatters to deceive and runs down blind alleys before doing a few step overs, usually losing possession. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Anyone remember Forest 1-4 at home last season?

Markanday stood out to me that day. Never gave the ball away and excellent close control dribbling.

The couple of times I saw him he had impressive moments to me.I was surprised to see him first frozen out then shipped off.  If sitting on the bench in Scotland did not serve as a wake up call nowt will.  Was highly rated coming here but has not clicked yet.  Hopefully this season is a rebirth.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, philipl said:

At some point every established pro footballer only had 400 to 500 minutes behind them.

It seems from reports the side that came 4th in L1 was flattered by that 4-3 scoreline against a Rovers outfit of 3 established first team regulars and 8 plus subs aspirants.

That sounds like a promising bonus to me especially as we hit the onion bag 4 times to add to the 4 times against the more senior of the two Austrian Bundeslga sides last Saturday and the two against Accy Stanley youngsters and triallists the week before.

Stockport will be another good opportunity as will Wallsall in the League Cup eleven days later.

They are friendlies. Obviously all players have had such minimal involvement at some stage, but it is a huge and unfair ask to expect them to remedy a lack of attacking options, with those we do have having proven that they don't score very often.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

January should be a top up/adjustment window, the main business needs doing now.

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'd  like to see him on the right.

I accept he's had some good games there but the constant cutting inside and going backwards is infuriating as he can't beat a man for pace and has no left foot.

JRC wants his wide players cutting and roaming around the front. He doesn't seem to favour playing a natural right footed on the right. 

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The fact you've quoted 2 games says it all, he has about that many good games a season. The rest he flatters to deceive and runs down blind alleys before doing a few step overs, usually losing possession. 

I quoted the 2 games where he had good outstanding performances. He had good season last season and improve on the previous season. 6 goals and 7 assists last season. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

JRC wants his wide players cutting and roaming around the front. He doesn't seem to favour playing a natural right footed on the right. 

I quoted the 2 games where he had good outstanding performances. He had good season last season and improve on the previous season. 6 goals and 7 assists last season. 

by JRC i assume you mean JDT, i know JRC has been our best player lately but dont think he pick the wide men

• Like 1

Just ordered my ticket for stockport, going in the main stand with a county supporting mate. Being in Cheshire it's much more convenient for me.

Presumably we will put a young side out given that the Girona game is later in the weekend, but looking forward to seeing some of these hotshot kids that seem to be making a name for themselves.