BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Walsall (h) - 8/8/23 - Carabao Cup R1

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Then we turned it round, went on a barnstorming run and flew into the top 2. That’s football.

His cup record however can’t be defended. Shocking from day one.

(Will the bloke  have to have retired to his lemon drizzle before this place stops going on about him everyday, by the way? 😁)

Nope! If there's one thing Rovers' fans have, it's long memories!!😉

Why would we stop when we have such long memories; and we've all - even me eventually - seen through his "I'm a nice guy, really." campaign?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Nope! If there's one thing Rovers' fans have, it's long memories!!😉

Why would we stop when we have such long memories; and we've all - even me eventually - seen through his "I'm a nice guy, really." campaign?

Never liked the guy from start to finish, always seemed negative and screwed us over far too many times

"Good bye and good riddance"

2 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Ha ha Dack was in that mould, but when it comes to the best example off a (genuine) Rovers legend with a big arse, Dunny wins hands down every day!

Dunny was well built, but a decent footballer. Let's not knock Ennis till we have seen him given some decent match time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KentExile said:

Wish I could like this twice, once because I think I agree with every word you wrote, but mainly because you correctly said "champing" instead of "chomping" 🙂 

You're a man after my own heart, @KentExile ; I've always thought you can't beat a good bit of pedantry!!😉👏

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Don’t get this at all. Fair - might not be much of an overseas audience - but why aren’t these games allowed to be shown anywhere?

My local sports channel is licensed to show Carabao Cup games, but they've decided to pick Hull City v Doncaster Rovers, and Wrexham v Wigan Athletic. The other eight channels are made up of UEFA Champions League qualifiers, La Liga, or some basketball.

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

My local sports channel is licensed to show Carabao Cup games, but they've decided to pick Hull City v Doncaster Rovers, and Wrexham v Wigan Athletic. The other eight channels are made up of UEFA Champions League qualifiers, La Liga, or some basketball.

Wrexham’s gotta give the sponsors value for money. A pretty penny spent on that shirt sponsorship.

9 hours ago, RoverInverness said:

Mowbray tended to play a second 11 in the cups and JDT also tends to play a second 11 in the cups. The difference is the first team is now run as meritocracy. If a player plays well in cup matches he now knows he is in serious contention for a first team league start. Under Mowbray too much of the first 11 in the league were always guaranteed starters. He rewarded loyalty to himself above anything. He was also too scared of upsetting the dressing room to drop his high earners. He wasn’t the worst manager in the world, but JDT is on a totally different level when it comes to motivating the entire group, keeping the senior players on their toes and simultaneously letting all the players know exactly who runs the team - and all done with a big ruthless smile. Our improved cup performances under JDT are indicative of hugely improved group management of the entire squad

Dead right, @RoverInverness.

JDT's managing the squad like they're an international squad, imo - we're getting closer to what he wants as an overall squad, from whom he'll pick what he thinks is the best 11 + Subs to i) see off the opposition and ii) keep up levels of fitness. Given the comparative paucity of resources at Ewood, it seems the best approach.

I don't know who in the club's overall structure had the wisdom to appoint him as Head Coach - and this thread isn't the right place for that discussion, imo - but I'm glad they did.

Now, getting back to tonight's game; there are bound to be some changes from Saturday's win while bringing about a season's scoreline so far of Rovers 2; W.Midlands 0! after tonight's game.

Walsall, for some reason I can't explain, are a club for whom I've always had a soft spot; and while I don't expect them to win tonight - obvs! - they look like a team who could be difficult to beat. They lost away on Saturday to recently-relegated Morecambe, but only in the 93rd minute. Rovers to win by 2 or 3 to 1.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Last year there was no live video of these carabao matches, but there was at least radio on the Rovers site. 

Is there even gonna be that this year, don't see a match centre on the site. 

I watched both the Hartlepool and Bradford games live online on Rovers TV.

Not looking good tonight though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Don’t get this at all. Fair - might not be much of an overseas audience - but why aren’t these games allowed to be shown anywhere?

They should just show them for free. It's ridiculous. We all want to watch it and those of us who can't get to ewood have to manage with BBC text in 2023 is really poor