BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Walsall (h) - 8/8/23 - Carabao Cup R1

13 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Not verified, but I did see a leaked photo of him on his first day at Brockhall:

image.jpeg.d2438cc3af4ae71f00fec72095da97e0.jpeg

That’s absolute trash as well! The lad had a thigh problem hence he hasn’t been fit to fully train and has been undergoing rehab and a mini pre season to catch up. Looking at him on Saturday showed he was as lean as a butchers dog and nowt like you suggest but then again……,,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

That’s absolute trash as well! The lad had a thigh problem hence he hasn’t been fit to fully train and has been undergoing rehab and a mini pre season to catch up. Looking at him on Saturday showed he was as lean as a butchers dog and nowt like you suggest but then again……,,

I don't know who is correct in the fat v injured debate but no one could look at Ennis (as he was on Saturday) and describe him as "lean". I don't think he has the sort of build that will ever allow him to look lean.

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Jeez, I guess I should've used a laughing emojii at the end of my post!

• Like 2

Is a butchers dog actually lean?

Fit as a butchers dog (as the actual phrase goes) maybe because it's healthy from not being under-nourished, but it probably carries a bit of timber from all that meat.

So maybe he is 'lean as a butchers dog'.

Either way, when he's holding the ball up and knocking their defender all over the place tonight we'll see why he's not meant to be a 10 stone waif.

Edited by Hasta

• Moderation Lead
43 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

So, there’s this thing called a joke…

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Looks very much in the mould of Dunn body shape wise (albeit no doubt a hell of a lot leaner), all arse and shoulders. Not a bad thing as a forward with a low centre of gravity.

BDack93 does not like this

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Sounded like Ennis was going to start and basically see how long he could play for.

Assume he'll start and get at least 45mins and see what he's like at half time.

I think this will apply for Adam Wharton and others tonight also.

From the odd clips I have seen of Walsall, there is not much finesse in the side and  their defence can be panicked.

Did we not play Walsall in the league under Kidd years back and end up with 9 men? Or am I having a senior moment? 

As for the game, not sure we have any reserves to play! Feel a weakened side would lose and be overpowered, a full strength team even with current issues would have more than enough to best them. 

16 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Feel a weakened side would lose and be overpowered

I'd be very surprised. The Championship is a million miles away from League Two. A team consisting of Adam and Scott Wharton, John Buckley, Callum Brittain should (and will) walk all over them for me. And I say that as someone who has a keen interest in League Two football and wants it to get better.

7 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

What happened to "The Turkish Messi" people wanted us to sign from these?

Erhun Öztümer. Now 32. Played most of his career in League One as a 1 in 4 man. Played 31 games in the Championship without a goal. Last played in Turkey for some minions. Currently without a club.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

Swaggering tosspot and face like Frank Skinner chewing a wasp !

Not the most complimentary of previews lol

Sounds like they are expecting 500+ to come up so that's a good effort.

Edited by tomphil

Games like this evening or essential in seeing which of the youngsters ‘has it’ to some degree. The age they’re all at and the fact they’re around the first team squad should mean they look decent against a middling League 2 team. Now, I’m not expecting them to run the show as they’re inexperienced and playing seasoned pro’s but these are the games when they set themselves apart as either future players or those who may fall down the pyramid. Can act as a great catalyst for deciding who will benefit from a league  1 or 2 loan to aid their development. 

I think there is a huge amount to be said for young lads cutting their teeth in league 2, learning how you really play the game. Lot to be learnt outside the santitized and cosseted environment of a cat 1 ball playing academy. 

also, morecambe beat Walsall on Saturday. And as someone who watches Morecambe regularly, we should be looking to put 4 or 5 in

• Like 1