BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Walsall (h) - 8/8/23 - Carabao Cup R1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Walsall (h) - 8/8/23 - Carabao Cup R1

Interesting balance for JDT between building match fitness, capitalising on Markanday and Leonard great starts and full rotation.

Brittain, Hedges, Scott Wharton, Buckley, Garrett and Batty will start.

Might as well get a tombola for who starts and who subs in the other positions.

• Like 1

Hopefully we can get that new keeper in today and start him on Tuesday although I would like to think that he will be number 1 from next Saturday anyway, so maybe best to get him a full week of training with Pears as the cup keeper.

Pears

Brittain Barnes Wharton Batty

Garrett Wharton

Markanday Buckley Hedges

Ennis

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully we can get that new keeper in today and start him on Tuesday although I would like to think that he will be number 1 from next Saturday anyway, so maybe best to get him a full week of training with Pears as the cup keeper.

Pears

Brittain Barnes Wharton Batty

Garrett Wharton

Markanday Buckley Hedges

Ennis

Maybe Gilsenan instead of Markanday and switch him and Hedges, but very close I think

7 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Maybe Gilsenan instead of Markanday and switch him and Hedges, but very close I think

I thought that aside from an excellent finish, Markanday was poor yesterday, and Hedges to me would be a likelier bet next weekend, but has missed the end of pre season. Could essentially be a chance for both to show who should start on the right at Rotherham.

• Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic
3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I thought that aside from an excellent finish, Markanday was poor yesterday, and Hedges to me would be a likelier bet next weekend, but has missed the end of pre season. Could essentially be a chance for both to show who should start on the right at Rotherham.

I really don't think Hedges is all that good? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I really don't think Hedges is all that good? 

Hedges started last season really well - hell he was close to a World Cup call up with Wales. Since he was overlooked he has looked more like a squad filler to me. He can steady things in last 20 mins or so which is not a bad thing but I don’t think he should be a starter in a fully fit squad

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ossyian said:

Hedges started last season really well - hell he was close to a World Cup call up with Wales. Since he was overlooked he has looked more like a squad filler to me. He can steady things in last 20 mins or so which is not a bad thing but I don’t think he should be a starter in a fully fit squad

Agreed - when he was pushing for a World Cup place, he was on fire.

Sadly, all fizzled away after that.

Hope this is the start of a good cup run. Unlike his predecessor Tomasson appeared to take both cups seriously last season - the match at Leicester last season was one of my best Rovers away nights in years. Cup runs excite the fans and give the club a real feelgood factor and more of the same would be welcome. We most certainly don't want to go out to the likes of Walsall

Rovers 3 Walsall 1