BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saudi Pro League

On 09/09/2023 at 16:24, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Salah doesn't get half the credit that he deserves as a player or person 

That said I'm sure he will be off there at some point, but it will probably be when he's past is best before date

Top player. I remember watching him playing for Basel against an English side in Europe about 10 years ago and he took them apart. Criminally underused by Chelsea whilst he was there.

I can see why an Egyptian would want to move his family from Liverpool to Dubai for a few years though and line his pockets at the same time. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to go. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

How many of them were women?

Evertonians would offer you the name of their coach...

I believe restrictions on Saudi women attending have been lifted unlike in Iran where only visiting female supporters are allowed. My wife was one of only 30 women in a crowd of 80,000 for a World Cup qualifier in Tehran...

• Like 1

On 24/10/2023 at 16:11, philipl said:

Evertonians would offer you the name of their coach...

I believe restrictions on Saudi women attending have been lifted unlike in Iran where only visiting female supporters are allowed. My wife was one of only 30 women in a crowd of 80,000 for a World Cup qualifier in Tehran...

There was an Iranian film about female football fans trying to see a vital qualifier. I forget the title.

14 hours ago, lraC said:

So how many does Henderson play in front of?

Al Ettifaq in Damman play in a 35,000 capacity stadium and have an average gate this season of 8,206

Gates are falling despite the arrival of fading "stars", the league average is just 8,500 and most stadiums are huge.

All games are live on TV, I expect free to air.

Local attendances are irrelevant to sports washing.

MBS and the PIF own 4 clubs but not Al Ettifaq, which is hilarious as it's owned by the Ministry of Sports and guess who runs the whole show.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Al Ettifaq in Damman play in a 35,000 capacity stadium and have an average gate this season of 8,206

Gates are falling despite the arrival of fading "stars", the league average is just 8,500 and most stadiums are huge.

MBS and the PIF own 4 clubs but not Al Ettifaq, which is hilarious as it's owned by the Ministry of Sports and guess who runs the whole show.

You can tell that he went there to enhance his career then and not for the money. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lraC said:

You can tell that he went there to enhance his career then and not for the money. 

Here is the squad; Al Ittifaq squad

It has to cause Henderson no end of consternation training and playing with players who have so much less ability than he's used to. It won't make him any better, nor will it keep his sharpness up to the level required to play international football.

Southgate rates him and relies on him as a bridge between England coaches and players but the justification for picking him for future England squads gets smaller and smaller he longer he is there. 

Edited by speeeeeeedie

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

As I've said a few times, the Saudi league will go the same way as the Chinese and Russian 'boom and bust' leagues over the last decade or so.

The surprise has been exactly how quickly the bubble appears to have burst.

Henderson is a ballbag; couldn't happen to a nicer person.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andy said:

As I've said a few times, the Saudi league will go the same way as the Chinese and Russian 'boom and bust' leagues over the last decade or so.

The surprise has been exactly how quickly the bubble appears to have burst.

Henderson is a ballbag; couldn't happen to a nicer person.

MBS wants to host a WC so TV exposure with expensive players is his way to go.

Plus a slush fund big enough to make your balls weep.

Henderson, he's also as thick as pig shit with not an once of self awareness.

Edit. I just watched a video of Tramp shanking a golf shot as an intro to Saudi sports washing via golf. If they can buy a US President, and his 2 billion dollar son in law, paying over the top wages to past their sell by date footballers is just loose change.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1