BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Best case scenario is the court says no.

The lights go out. The people get laid off. Administrators sell the club. We have 10 points taken away. We go down. The Rovers rebuild with a united fanbase and enjoy our glorious future.

Anything else is delaying the inevitable above.

Here here!

16 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s not being against protests, go for it. But in reality the fanbase has never been more pro Venky’s than it is right now (as preposterous as that sounds).

Try telling the folk around you at Ewood that we need them to sell and see what reaction you get. They’ve long won the hearts and minds of the fanbase, so a big protest just ain’t happening… well maybe against JDT if we lose a few more.

A lot of the fan base have simply stopped attending.

Of what’s left, there are the naive happy clappers and the folk who aren’t happy, but attend out of habit.

Of course, but many of those stopped going 5, 10, 12 years ago. Many are lost, for good, as obviously they are well, well out of the habit. And even if they are keeping an eye on results they won’t be manning the barricades if there was a protest next week.

I was more referring to the ‘active’ fanbase, I.e those that have a ST or buy a match ticket regularly or from time to time, that is your potential pool of protesters and as as a collective, anti-Venky’s, they ain’t.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

So absolutely nobody attends because they enjoy it? 

My season ticket, bought after much deliberation , should make me attend . When I do… enjoyment is not a word I would use to sum up my experience. 

I’m still there out of duty, habit and care of the club I once loved. I love it no more because it’s not the club I knew, it’s not the club I can respect ..it’s a shell, a run down shell limping to God knows where . 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The lights go out. The people get laid off. Administrators sell the club. We have 10 points taken away. We go down. The Rovers rebuild with a united fanbase and enjoy our glorious future.

I agree and, to support the point you are making, this scenario would obviously have a significant impact on many of those laid off, which would be very sad. However, as you say, I can only see this as being the eventual outcome, anyway, after some period of ongoing uncertainty about wages being paid, etc. 

A court decision to keep these 'survival payments' being made will essentially be a licence for Venkys to continue their stranglehold and the painfully slow killing of our club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

So absolutely nobody attends because they enjoy it? 

The former in my post.

You only to have to experience the ‘atmosphere’ on match day to evaluate how many people really “enjoy” attending.

The club is a zombie version of it’s former self.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

As the court has already set the precedent of approving such a request, the chances of them rejecting similar proposals moving forward is remote, at best.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

As the court has already set the precedent of approving such a request, the chances of them rejecting similar proposals moving forward is remote, at best.

You don’t think the fact we’re in the transfer window (ie there’s another way for us to raise funds) could make a difference?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

You don’t think the fact we’re in the transfer window (ie there’s another way for us to raise funds) could make a difference?

I'm not familiar whatsoever with how the Indian court/judicial system works, but I can't imagine that they'd take that into account.

The claim is for funds to pay wages / overheads / loan payments / etc and we are owner-reliant for these things, rather than self sufficient.

We'll see I guess, but the club are very confident of all future similar requests being approved, on the back of the precedent being already set.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I'm not familiar whatsoever with how the Indian court/judicial system works, but I can't imagine that they'd take that into account.

The claim is for funds to pay wages / overheads / loan payments / etc and we are owner-reliant for these things, rather than self sufficient.

We'll see I guess, but the club are very confident of all future similar requests being approved, on the back of the precedent being already set.

The club (mainly Waggott) have been confident of many thing that have failed to materialise.

The very fact that the owners have to attend court to have funds released is first of all very worrying in itself There is also the added issue that they are also being investigated and lets face it, if the Indian authorities are faced with charging the owners of wrong doing, the last thing they will allow is for several million in hard cash, to leave their shores.

We don't seem to matter very much to the owners themselves, so we will matter even less to the Indian courts and a football club a few thousand miles away, will be irrelevant, it it means Venky's not having the funds to pay any fine/tax due.

6 hours ago, Andy said:

I would agree with Andy, legal cases always rely heavily on precedent and as you say this has already been set so unless there is a specific or major change in the circumstances around the case then I think it’s likely they will rule in favour of VHPL again.

• Like 1

So every 3-6 months they are going to have to go to court and go through this farcical process and line the pockets of lawyers etc.

Like that is going to keep happening, there's a summer fire sale on the horizon folks.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, 47er said:

What do the owners do when there's nothing left to sell?

Put us in admin then probably buy it back via another dodgy company with different directors then borrow against Ewood to fund league 2 football !

It's all about protecting our legacy you see and growing a sustainable Prem club before the earth eventually melts.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Andy said:

I thought I read elsewhere that each and every item of expenditure had to be itemised by the Club  and approved by the Court on it's own merits?

The exact opposite of "a precedent".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought I read elsewhere that each and every item of expenditure had to be itemised by the Club  and approved by the Court on it's own merits?

The exact opposite of "a precedent".

Nope.

The precedent is that all operating expenses are itemised and justified as operational and approved for funding.

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

Put us in admin then probably buy it back via another dodgy company with different directors then borrow against Ewood to fund league 2 football !

It's all about protecting our legacy you see and growing a sustainable Prem club before the earth eventually melts.

If only they'd piss off they'd save themselves £20M a year---for doing nothing!

The most expensive snowball in history!

• Like 1