BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Protests are fine but it's answers that are required. This is potentially a big story that poses so many questions.

Why was the club threatened with the winding up order? What are happened since then? Has the threat been dropped or is it still ongoing? Or has the threat developed into an actual winding up order?

Waggott is the CEO. He will know. He can't hide. 

Sounds to a financial know nothing like me, that Venkys owed c£3.5m pounds to the HMRC and the HMRC threatened to wind the club up if Venkys didn’t pay it. The Indian court agreed to allow that. 

No idea what the situation is now. 

• Like 3

Interesting that the arguments put forward for being allowed to make payments were to avoid damage to Venky's reputation. No mention of the future of Rovers and preserving a historical football club. All they care about is their own reputation and that's why they keep paying the bills. No other reason 

• Like 1

Sorry to pop the balloon,

This document has been in the public domain ages, so much so, we quizzed Waggott on it last year.

I thought it had been put on here previously?

It's old news, and was dealt with at the time.

Did you know the Action group issued a winding up notice on the club 9 years ago when they failed to pay up the receipts from the legends match?

These thing's happen all the time, 

The bill was paid, the courts granted the money, and continue to do so.

This takes the focus away from shit results , poor board etc .

We know we have shit owners , but let's take out the foot soldiers first 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, den said:

Sounds to a financial know nothing like me, that Venkys owed c£3.5m pounds to the HMRC and the HMRC threatened to wind the club up if Venkys didn’t pay it. The Indian court agreed to allow that. 

No idea what the situation is now. 

If the club didn’t pay it which we couldn’t do without Venkys being allowed to send money over.

• Like 1

It obviously hasn’t been in the public domain as it’s not been in any press/media, any club statement or interview or a Fans Forum of any sort.  ‘Oops did nobody mention on here for *seven months* that little winding up order thing?’

It may well have been ‘dealt with’, just like the next one probably will be post some other Indian court appointment, but it has been anything but transparent. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

It obviously hasn’t been in the public domain as it’s not been in any press/media, any club statement or interview or a Fans Forum of any sort.

Doesn’t mean it hasn’t been ‘sorted’ but it has been anything but transparent. 

Can’t find anything on The Gazette website which means either things have been sorted (for now at least) or I’m shit at using their search function.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It obviously hasn’t been in the public domain as it’s not been in any press/media, any club statement or interview or a Fans Forum of any sort. ‘Oops did nobody mention on here for *seven months* that little winding up order thing?’

It may well have been ‘dealt with’, just like the next one probably will be post some other Indian court appointment, but it has been anything but transparent. 

Why would there be a press reiease?

Do you know how many businesses get these threats every day? 

The reality is the bill was paid.

54 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wrexham game is the game to protest.

Im guessing you like me went on all of the protests years ago. They made no difference then so I doubt they will now. They dont care about us. 

The Wrexham game will be a very low attendance, a cup game with little fanfare. It would create minimal publicity even if it was possible with significant numbers which it wont be. Not many people protested back in the Steve Kean days, some of those protestors will have lost interest and many especially of the new generation think we need Venkys.

Are you attending and if so what would you be willing to/propose doing specifically? Or is it a case of can other people protest on your behalf? And what do you think it could lead to? Say a cup game is abandoned, do you think that after all these years is the straw that broke the camels back and they then look to sell?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Unlike Joe Bloggs Plumbers of Mill Hill, professional football clubs don’t usually keep winding up orders quiet as you know very well. Of course there’s usually a note on the official site etc.

Very odd stance here Glen, I’m surprised.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?
1 hour ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Just seen the twitter post. Fucking unbelievable. As JB states, how has that bypassed the local media?

Let's say Rovers are indeed wound up and cease, is there any financial benefits Venkys can get either as individuals or towards their other businesses as a result? 

If not, I'm at a loss as to why they're still here.

Short answer, No.

13 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

This document has been in the public domain ages, so much so, we quizzed Waggott on it last year.

Did you know the Action group issued a winding up notice on the club 9 years ago when they failed to pay up the receipts from the legends match?

I’m not too sure myself - but what it does categorically prove is if the judge finds them guilty of tax evasion the club has days left before administration. Bring it on. 

• Like 6

The club being served a winding up petition by HMRC due to owing 3.5m isn't insignificant. Lots of people will know that winding up petitions get issued, but it isn't 'normal' at all.

What it shows is that we are / have been pissing very close to the wind and adds further fuel to the fire that we are knee deep in the biggest pile of shite we have been since these shysters took over...and that's saying something!

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Football clubs don’g usually  keep winding up orders quiet as you know very well.

Very odd stance here Glen, I’m surprised.

Because I quizzed  the muppet last year on it , so it's old news to me.

In business its common , you can get winding up notice for filing accounts late on a dormant company for example , until you come forward and state its not.

They did not get a winding up notice , that's the penalty had they not paid the bill. The club was late with the payment and it was then paid

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

You may have known about it but I would guess 99% of Rovers fans didn't. 

The MoU between the club and the Trust requires the club to be open about important financial issues. This winding up order falls into that category and has never been disclosed by the club. 

It feels like important news to me.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The owners are and always have been the problem. It would be tackling the symptoms and not the disease. Not that we have any control sadly over any of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigUts said:

The club being served a winding up petition by HMRC due to owing 3.5m isn't insignificant. Lots of people will know that winding up petitions get issued, but it isn't 'normal' at all.

What it shows is that we are / have been pissing very close to the wind and adds further fuel to the fire that we are knee deep in the biggest pile of shite we have been since these shysters took over...and that's saying something!

They were not served with a winding up notice.

They were warned they had to pay bill or it would be result in being served one

This HMRC stuff wasn’t ‘discussed to death’ and you know that very well as otherwise this thread wouldn’t have just exploded. Really struggling with this approach from you tonight, Glen. Quite poor actually considering you always like to shout from the rooftops about how ‘you call a spade a spade’, ‘open and honest’ and all that.

Fans quite rightly feel they’ve been in the dark for 12 months.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

You may have known about it but I would guess 99% of Rovers fans didn't. 

The MoU between the club and the Trust requires the club to be open about important financial issues. This winding up order falls into that category and has never been disclosed by the club. 

It feels like important news to me.

You'd need to ask the trust , I'm sure like others they have alerts set up for when documents hit certain databases 

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

This wasn’t and you know that very well. Really struggling with this approach from you tonight, Glen. Quite poor actually.

What bit you struggling with matt?

They didn't get issued with a winding up notice, 

I'm one of the worse critics of the whole circus, but at the same time , can't let hysteria get in the way of the facts,  however much I want the tide to turn and all out war

In regards to a protest. Needs to happen next time we are on TV. Hopefully we beat Wrexham and get a big televised tie in next round. Then the protest needs to cause maximum embarrassment to Venkys. We need to stop the match without people getting bans or criminal charges. Tennis balls on pitch etc. 

Probably best in a cup match because we would likely get a points deduction in a leauge match which we can ill afford. However, we are likely to get a points deduction in the not to distant future when the inevitable happens and we go into administration.

Since Waggott abolished shareholder meetings under the excuse of Covid there's even less opportunity to grill them on these sort of developments.

I wonder what the next set of accounts will say about the club as a going concern if parent company funding is dependent on Court releasing funds.

When other clubs - like Reading - have been going through chaos the EFL clowns have insisted on their owner depositing months of funds in an account to enable them to keep functioning.

They've been sanctioned for not doing.

Wonder how far off that point we are.