BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

3 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Wouldn't  it be great to see just one of the Clubs legends speak out against how this Club is being run into the ground...Douglas,Faz,Garner,Shearer and Friedel to name a few....the fans need your Support!

Indeed. Shearer and Sutton are never off the telly with their opinions on all sorts. Not a peep from them though. That said, Sutton is the more likely to do it.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Was thinking about possibility of directors putting Rovers into administration.

Prior to September we had 4, however 1 is non executive therefore its likely he don't get a vote. Which left three, Cheston and Waggott UK based and Babu Indian based.

The suspicious person in me, thinks the appointment of the 4th also Indian based. Was to prevent Waggott and Cheston passing the motion of administration as they'd not have a majority vote.

This is me just thinking and certainly not substantiated , 

Thoughts?

Not totally implausible…but I suspect the Indian director is about providing a direct communications channel to India to help with the exceptions process…🤔

• Like 1

Shearer? Doubt he’s even noticed. Very PL (and Newcastle) blinkered.

But didn’t Sutton say not too long ago on Sky (Rovers/Leicester game, wasn’t it?) something along the lines of ‘what’s the plan? Is it just to develop players?’ ‘The CEO said he just wants to avoid relegation, not good enough for Blackburn Rovers’.

I bet it wouldn’t take much to get him on the record to say more. He’s not backward in coming forward.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, bazza said:

That Wrexham fan warned against being a fan-owned club. I believe him/her.

If Rovers are ever purely fan-owned, it will probably be in the National League…unless we find another 10000 season ticket holders…a massive shirt sponsor and sell a player for £10m profit each season…

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

You can either die free or live as a slave.

I know which camp I'm in.

I dunno. We are all slaves to a certain degree. The silence of previous managers / coaches is quite telling. I mean, surely the likes of Coyle,  Mowbray and Bowyer could shed light upon the realities behind the scenes at their former employers? But no, we hear nothing and they say nothing. I know that gagging orders 'settlement agreements' are common these days (a form of corporate slavery without a doubt) but didn't the gurning chump's contract simply fizzle out without being renewed? He'd be a good person to go for a pint (of tea) and lemon drizzle with, to get the skinny on the set up and its impact on the club. Surely an investigative journalist could wheedle something that would help to make sense of our current invidious position, from one of the trio?

But we hear nothing. Nada. Niet.

Of course, it might mean there is nothing to see (unlikely I think) or it isn't very interesting (again unlikely) or there is something stopping the light of day being shone on the cockroaches infesting the place as they scuttle about, stinking and gradually sinking the club with their odious weight.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

If Rovers are ever purely fan-owned, it will probably be in the National League…unless we find another 10000 season ticket holders…a massive shirt sponsor and sell a player for £10m profit each season…

This has always been my thoughts on Rovers, just how do we get our losses down or more favourably revenues up to be viable for a fan/local entrepreneur venture to realistically afford us.

I think you state the only real option but I'm sure we would all agree it's not viable. It's not just a Rovers thing but football club ownership is absolute madness.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Was thinking about possibility of directors putting Rovers into administration.

Prior to September we had 4, however 1 is non executive therefore its likely he don't get a vote. Which left three, Cheston and Waggott UK based and Babu Indian based.

The suspicious person in me, thinks the appointment of the 4th also Indian based. Was to prevent Waggott and Cheston passing the motion of administration as they'd not have a majority vote.

This is me just thinking and certainly not substantiated , 

Thoughts?

The other thing to bear in mind is that even if the Waggot was an honourable person with a backbone, he's on a very cushy number at Rovers, and taking a large salary that is unlikely to come his way anywhere else if he was suddenly unemployed. Hence the phrase, "Turkeys don't vote for Christmas" comes to mind, which means that in this case, three out of four 'directors' are never going to sanction the administration card being played.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

That wasn’t a Trust statement ‘TBF’.

And yes, I know who posted it.

Yes I know it wasn't an official Trust post but it's certainly not filling me with confidence that someone in that position is coming out with those remarks.

Unacceptable really.

Imagine if maggot had said that.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

I’d take that now to be honest, nothing improves until this lot sod off.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Yes I know it wasn't an official Trust post but it's certainly not filling me with confidence that someone in that position is coming out with those remarks.

Unacceptable really.

You can rest assured that the Trust Board will be having a robust conversation with Steve Waggot about the actual issue of the HMRC threat and the fact that the club hasn’t disclosed it to supporters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

I don't really care what league we're in as long as we are rid of venkys.

I'll be there, but not until they're gone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

The Reading protests were all over Sky Sports News so you’re talking nonsense

The Wrexham game is the ideal opportunity for an in-stadium protest, on TV & under the lights in a higher profile game than normal

Here here.

This is our best chance.

Getting the match abandoned was the best thing they could have done, got an hour's dedicated coverage on TalkSport.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

The Reading protests were all over Sky Sports News so you’re talking nonsense

The Wrexham game is the ideal opportunity for an in-stadium protest, on TV & under the lights in a higher profile game than normal

Sky didn't have a reporter at the game, something which Jeff Stelling criticised them for. They used the footage from Reading to put their story together.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jeff-stelling-soccer-saturday-reading-31876956

11 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Won't know until we try.

Indeed, but nobody will, this is the point I’m trying to make. 

Last night I was called ‘pessimistic’ etc merely for pointing out the fact that this fanbase just isn’t currently where Reading’s is re opinion on ownership.

So there is no point running before you can walk with it. Mass protests, abandoned matches just isn’t going to happen anytime soon, especially in front of one man and his dog for that cup tie.

It’s going to be a slow process I’m afraid to wake our lot up. Try a ‘Venky’s Out!’ chant on Saturday and the crowd is more likely to want you out the club than the owners. 

It needs the likes of the Trust, local media, podcasts, friendly national journalists to start telling the story and it can gain momentum. But at this stage you are just going to get yourselves more demoralised if you have any kind of expectation of recent Reading style owner revolt at this stage - JDT will be getting the brunt, if anyone.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Wouldn't  it be great to see just one of the Clubs legends speak out against how this Club is being run into the ground...Douglas,Faz,Garner,Shearer and Friedel to name a few....the fans need your Support!

Shearer has in the past.

47 minutes ago, cesus said:

This has always been my thoughts on Rovers, just how do we get our losses down or more favourably revenues up to be viable for a fan/local entrepreneur venture to realistically afford us.

I think you state the only real option but I'm sure we would all agree it's not viable. It's not just a Rovers thing but football club ownership is absolute madness.

Would prefer a League 2 team we could all push up together to what we have now. Accept we might have to start lower than that. Once we get crowds back and enthusiasm, someone will sit up and take notice. Might even be local.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Shearer? Doubt he’s even noticed. Very PL (and Newcastle) blinkered.

But didn’t Sutton say not too long ago on Sky (Rovers/Leicester game, wasn’t it?) something along the lines of ‘what’s the plan? Is it just to develop players?’ ‘The CEO said he just wants to avoid relegation, not good enough for Blackburn Rovers’.

I bet it wouldn’t take much to get him on the record to say more. He’s not backward in coming forward.

Not true of Shearer.

52 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

The other thing to bear in mind is that even if the Waggot was an honourable person with a backbone, he's on a very cushy number at Rovers, and taking a large salary that is unlikely to come his way anywhere else if he was suddenly unemployed. Hence the phrase, "Turkeys don't vote for Christmas" comes to mind, which means that in this case, three out of four 'directors' are never going to sanction the administration card being played.

Waggott is in his mid to late 60s IIRC; he must have millions in the bank from his years in football

In most jobs, he'd have retired by now but as you say, when you're on a cushy number.......