BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I've just bit on Facebook and responded to one moron who wanted to lecture me on FFP rules after I criticised the lack of communication from the club on this and the Brockhall scheme.

Apparently we 'had' to try and put houses on Brockhall because of Covid.

I agree though that the numbers of Venky sympathisers aren't as great as they once were. Suspect having to go to court every few months to head off winding up petitions might have brought one or two minds into focus.

Covid costs are excluded from FFP 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Gamst21 said:

There is genuine Stockholm Syndrome within our fan base. Majority of the comments on twitter singing praise to the owners, its absolutely insane!

Most of the quotes on Instagram are actually saying they should sell the club, first time Ive seen the majority are against the wretches, quite heartening actually. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Most of the quotes on Instagram are actually saying they should sell the club, first time Ive seen the majority are against the wretches, quite heartening actually. 

What sort of percentage would you put on it?

Thanks in advance.

21 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I’d say twitter is the complete opposite, lots of comments like these sending their praise!

IMG_0326.png

19 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

What a high bar for owners!!! Never missed a payment!!! 

What else do you want from them? 

NEVER MISSED A FINANCIAL PAYMENT! YOU'LL NEVER SING THAT

Never missed a payment yet we needed a payment plan with HMRC 🤔

Sorry MikeE just seen you’ve covered this point.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

I’d say twitter is the complete opposite, lots of comments like these sending their praise!

IMG_0326.png

Someone should tell Matthew that Barclays withdrew Venky’s/Blackburn Rovers UK overdraft facility for missing payments, at which point they sulked off to bank of India. 

They also dragged Blackburn Rovers good name through the high court when they missed/refused to pay Henning Bergs contract.

Never missed a payment eh……

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

I'm sure there's a psychology PhD that could be done on our supporters.

It's stockholm syndrome on steroids. 

Very frustrating.

"Yes, my wife has been doing the dirty on me for thirteen years, but every tone she does, she feeds me a tictac and let's me look at the photos. So kind of her to think of me"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Unfortunately as things stand, following this football club provides me with no happiness or excitement. These owners and their board have taken all the joy out of what used to be my favourite thing to do. 

Nowadays, for me personally, following Blackburn Rovers means trying to make sense of Indian court documents, arguing with fellow fans on Twitter who support this nonsense and trying to piece together all of the clues to work out what happens next. 

Some of the comments from our fanbase make me want to scream in frustration. But the more I think about it, maybe I’m in the wrong. There’s a majority of fans that it feels like are either too naive to read into it any further than surface level, or not intelligent enough to see this for what it is. Perhaps they deserve this and the misery that comes with it? But again… maybe there is no misery if your head is in the sand.

Frankly, at this point, I’m extremely close to giving it all up and trying to find some solace in just going to down to Ewood occasionally and only thinking about Rovers for those couple of hours.

Completely agree.

They are never selling up are they.

So then begs the question, what's the next step?

16 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I'm sure there's a psychology PhD that could be done on our supporters.

It's stockholm syndrome on steroids. 

Very frustrating.

"Yes, my wife has been doing the dirty on me for thirteen years, but every tone she does, she feeds me a tictac and let's me look at the photos. So kind of her to think of me"

That’s an incredibly specific example, some might say too specific 😄

• Like 4

You need to remember that for some fans all they see is these owners ‘putting in £20 million a year’, so the issue must actually be the empty seats and that is purely the fault of the fans that don’t fill them, nothing at all to do with the owners that our crowds have collapsed this past 14 years. So of course that £20 million is needed because said ‘shit fans’ don’t come and we need to be ever so grateful to Pune.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You need to remember that for some fans all they see is these owners ‘putting in £20 million a year’, so the issue must actually be the empty seats and that is purely the fault of the fans that don’t fill them, nothing at all to do with the owners that our crowds have collapsed this past 14 years. So of course that £20 million is needed because said ‘shit fans’ don’t come and we need to be ever so grateful to Pune.

This. They've never experienced the success so all they see is generous owners keeping us afloat, not the rats that we know they are that put us in today's position. 

1 minute ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This. They've never experienced the success so all they see is generous owners keeping us afloat, not the rats that we know they are that put us in today's position. 

Do they never wonder why they’re not experiencing a successful BRFC?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I remember back in the early days, when we were all so much younger and care free, someone posted on here that they feared to criticise venkys at a match and got told in no uncertain terms that they were racist

I'm clutching at the tiniest of straws here, but it is noticeable the absence of words along the lines of "the owners remain fully committed to the long term running of the club" . That has always been the message previously. All the future that is mentioned is only as far as the end of the season.

Probably semantics but here's hoping.

• Like 1