BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

We can have all the best youth academy talents/loanees from the premier league, but without a few seasoned/experienced players playing in the first team (Sam Morsy has been brilliant for Ipswich and they added Travis to HELP their young team) our team can play the prettiest football, but won't be going anywhere near the playoffs!

The experience of Mulgrew, Graham and Elliott Bennett (wasn't best player in team) were instrumental in getting us promoted from league 1 under Mowbray. 

Football is a game of fine margins. Experienced players can really help see out games late on.

Edited by tugayislegend
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

When you’re in a potential relegation battle with a an inexperienced and injury hit squad you don’t ship out one of your most experienced players who can play a number of positions even if he’s out of the manager’s good books at present. It’s easy to join up the dots

He's asked to leave. We've signed someone who wants to play for us to replace him.

Those dots are eluding you again, as they always do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That's convenient. Yet the same principle applies. 

You've also made a lot of assumptions about a player I'm fairly confident you won't know anything about.

You’re absolutely right, I am making assumptions about a Brighton youth player. The Brighton fan I play football with has described him as “high hopes, time wasted at Coventry, hopeful he can kick on” and I’ve seen 5’8”, 20 years old, Coventry’s form improving after he came out of the team and a lot of comments about a lack of physicality, with a sprinkling of comments about a lack of commitment.

Would you prefer I base my assumptions on his YouTube highlight reel?

• Like 2

Just now, Bethnal said:

You’re absolutely right, I am making assumptions about a Brighton youth player. The Brighton fan I play football with has described him as “high hopes, time wasted at Coventry, hopeful he can kick on” and I’ve seen 5’8”, 20 years old, Coventry’s form improving after he came out of the team and a lot of comments about a lack of physicality, with a sprinkling of comments about a lack of commitment.

Would you prefer I base my assumptions on his YouTube highlight reel?

If you've made your mind up before seeing him play then that's fine. Seems reasonable. 🙄

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's asked to leave. We've signed someone who wants to play for us to replace him.

Those dots are eluding you again, as they always do. 

We didn’t have to let him go. We’ve signed someone who was offered to us. And he’s not what we need. You can’t make it from dot 1 to 2. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Yeah I get the argument for that. For me the positions he occupies on the pitch makes me consider him more of the attacking forward 4 than in midfield. 

When Szmodic drops into midfield, is when he tends to give the ball away in dangerous positions. He is and plays like, a forward.

• Like 4

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/05/rovers-switch-the-ideal-fit-/

“I love playing forward and I’d rather play forward and lose the ball than play backwards. My style is offensive midfield and getting into the final third," 

Sounds like a cheap back up option to Szmodics/option from the bench.  I have seen him a few times at Coventry, and did look very lightweight and struggled to impact the game.  Personally speaking it means we still need a back up to Tronstad   (deeper laying midfielder) and not sure if Ayari offers anything that Moran does not

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

How do you know this? 

It's also convenient how these things always seem to get taken out of the club's hands by the player 'wanting out'. See Lenihan, Nyambe etc.

Perhaps there should be questions (if true) about why on earth he'd rather go and move to Suffolk to sit on Ipswich's bench than continue his time as captain.

Maybe Rovers' conduct leaves a lot to be desired.

Imagine if they treat the players with half the disrespect they offer to the fans. Suspect they'd all want to go elsewhere.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

If you've made your mind up before seeing him play then that's fine. Seems reasonable. 🙄

Where in any post have I declared my mind is made up?

(This is a tedious argument, because you’ve knee-jerked at criticism of a move we’ve made. Someone’s going to stop in and tell us to stop bickering, so let’s leave it before they do).

36 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Meanwhile, Brereton-Diaz has been announced by Sheff U. Hope he does alright up there in the PL, not convinced he will though.

After his performances (and lack of effort) post January he can get fucked tbh.

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

We didn’t have to let him go. We’ve signed someone who was offered to us. And he’s not what we need. You can’t make it from dot 1 to 2. 

So you wanted us to keep an unhappy player that the manager didn't want and not sign the player he wanted.

Oh wait, we only signed him because he was offered. Cos you'd know that obviously🙄

Keep us updated with the inner workings of the recruitment team. It's enlightening stuff and not at all cringe.

2 minutes ago, duckson said:

Maybe give him a chance, sometimes you just need to find the right club.

We need experience . We’ve let that go as well as a voice in the dressing room for a kid who has 13 appearances . Every comment says light weight, not championship ready, weak. Is that what we really want the way we are heading down the table. His strengths are attacking . 1 goal all season says he isn’t the missing ingredient to kick us on. 

and the fuck off was to our club not him. I wish all players well when playing in our shirt

• Like 3