BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

29 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

IMG_8487.jpeg

Good luck to him but yet another signing that will make zero impact or difference to the problems we currently face.

The 'one for the future' column is busting at the seams, the here and now reality is as thin as rice paper and not even as strong.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 8

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

People go on about Wahlstedt as if he's a young 18 year old who needs to go out and get experience.

He's not, he's 24 and is as good ( or in this case bad) as he's ever going to be. If he can't even catch a ball or do any of the other basics right by now that suddenly isn't going to change. There's nothing to work with, he has no natural ability.

As a few have mentioned it seems to be yet another stat based signing motivated by bring him in, polish him up and flog him in a couple of seasons.

They've probably looked at his age and experience in another league and thought he's halfway there we can make a quick turnaround on this one and it'll look good bringing him in to replace TK.  Somebody hasn't scouted him properly and the stats looked at the main focus was probably on passing out from the back, good at that, average at everything else...yeah he'll do.

I think more than anything it's the environment of games here and intensity that hes struggled with from the off, his legs were almost visibly shaking in front of the DE in those PNE and Leeds games.  Confident looking and sounding lads can be just the opposite of that once the fragile shell has been cracked.

He might be 24 bur hes zero championship level football to draw experience from.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Good luck to him but yet another signing that will make zero impact or difference to the problems we currently face.

The 'one for the future' column is busting at the seams, the here and now reality is as thin as rice paper and not even as strong.

Him and Wharton at cb in league one will be strong enough at least 

• Like 1

O’Riordan looks a threat in the opposition box from corners and set pieces. He’s scored three goals this season.

I think it’s something we really lack, apart from Scott Wharton we don’t have any other players who offer anything in the box from set pieces.

But we play short corners anyway, so it doesn’t really matter…

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

IMG_8487.jpeg

Not confirmed by 'finger NOT on the pulse' LT's Elliott Jackson, though no surprise there.

Where the feck are the experienced signings JDT wants?

Scores on the doors, in 3 inexperienced youngsters, out our experienced captain.  You couldn't make it up.

Danger of building for tomorrow is tomorrow never arrives!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Polky said:

O’Riordan looks a threat in the opposition box from corners and set pieces. He’s scored three goals this season.

I think it’s something we really lack, apart from Scott Wharton we don’t have any other players who offer anything in the box from set pieces.

But we play short corners anyway, so it doesn’t really matter…

Possibly because we only have one player who can attack the ball in the air (Scott Wharton as you mentioned), and he has missed a few due to being left on the bench or injury

As much as the short corner routines depress me, there is little point in putting in high crosses/corners for our team of midgets,

I would love to see the stats on the average height of Championship teams fielded this season (they have stats for everything these days).  I would be genuinely amazed if any team runs Rovers close to being the shortest

• Like 1

Although he's more for the future, i'm happy with the signing of O'Riordan.

I've read some of the Crewe fan's reactions, and they pretty much all seem to think we've had their pants down getting him for 500k - pricing him more in the 2m region.

On the other hand, we still desperately need experience... if they're spending that much on a kid, they'd better have more to spend on the more pressing matters - and can expect pelters if not!

• Like 1

He is inexperienced, and he isnt the profile of player we need really. Even if a fee has been paid though, his wages will be small so that is the key here.

Lets hope he isnt loaned back for the season like Pickering and can make the step up immediately if he signs with Carter presumably out long term. Our defence is far weaker even compared to Jan 1st. I have seen Crewe fans question whether hes ready for this level yet.

Crewe fans sai the same about Pickering in fact he was probably rated higher.

For an initial 500k signing for us i think hes been decent enough although certainly no more he hasn't exactly kicked on and turned into the several million pound player he was touted as.

But, as with Markanday we can't expect much for half a million although that hasn't dawned on big Barry yet.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Leeds want to sell Cresswell for a decent fee.

And who is paying a decent fee for him?

I can near guarantee he will be loaned out before the window closes no championship club is paying the reported £4 million Leeds want for him 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not confirmed by 'finger NOT on the pulse' LT's Elliott Jackson, though no surprise there.

Where the feck are the experienced signings JDT wants?

Scores on the doors, in 3 inexperienced youngsters, out our experienced captain.  You couldn't make it up.

Danger of building for tomorrow is tomorrow never arrives!

Also out is a premier league level defender in Hill. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

What are those ratings based on?

It seems to be just player 'ratings' by whoever provides their marks out of 10 per game. However, I've tried multiple ways of doing things on there & the closest I can get to is this table (which still has him in 6th!!). This is the table of ratings for championship keepers with 10 appearances or more this season so I've no idea how the previous list has come about from supposedly the same website ratings!:

image.thumb.png.887fe9478b7d1a7acde855a1a0018840.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Let's be realistic, this might as well just say "Burnley and Ipswich are racing..."

23 year old left back, might fancy his chances more of getting in front of an injured Pickering rather than Leif Davis or straight into a Premier League side?  But money talks

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Venkys are building a squad for League 1 and below. It will cut their losses so it's not as unlikely as it might seem.

• Like 1