BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Yes its always the more expensive deals that fail to materialise. First OBrien and now McGuire.

Not only weakening the squad but so embarrassing no one will want to do business with us anymore.

Sounds like JDT has pointed out where the problem is (with his comments).

Nailed it.

• Like 1

Im just really struggling to fathom how they could have got it wrong again? I suppose if you don't sack the responsible parties due to a complete lack of interest in events at Ewood park then you can't be surprised when it happens again? Surely you triple and quadruple check every last detail after what happened last year? Its just inconceivable that this could have happened again! Im still reeling from the O'Brien debacle and joked on the transfer thread on deadline day about the flashbacks I was having. Its just outrageous. How are these people still in handsomely paid jobs? 

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Gamst said:

Im just really struggling to fathom how they could have got it wrong again? I suppose if you don't sack the responsible parties due to a complete lack of interest in events at Ewood park then you can't be surprised when it happens again? Surely you triple and quadruple check every last detail after what happened last year? Its just inconceivable that this could have happened again! Im still reeling from the O'Brien debacle and joked on the transfer thread on deadline day about the flashbacks I was having. Its just outrageous. How are these people still in handsomely paid jobs? 

Zero accountability at Ewood. Remember when Derek Shaw "went rogue" (Venky's own words), costing us millions in Berg's payoff, and then proceeded to stay employed for years afterwards?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Zero accountability at Ewood. Remember when Derek Shaw "went rogue" (Venky's own words), costing us millions in Berg's payoff, and then proceeded to stay employed for years afterwards?

You are completely right. It has all the hallmarks of owners who don't care. Every decision seems to take aeons. Theres just no accountability and indecision at every turn. We are just completely paralysed by incompetence. If the owners had a vague interest they would sack all the board and JDT tonight. We clearly need a completely fresh start but this will just drag on for weeks like it did with Kean and Shaw and the outcome will likely be relegation and the shrinking of our club and its reputation.  I'm grateful to JDT for shining a torch on the chaos and subterfuge behind the scenes but the toxicity is spilling over onto the pitch and any board worth its salt would act decisively. 

Strange how Ian Silvester who has been involved in correctly registering players here for years has all of a sudden forgotten how to do the paperwork. Presuming Waggot is involved in all transfers at previous clubs, he has presided over in excess of 100 transfers in his time as CEO at different clubs. How many of them were subject to appeal previously………

• Like 7

• Backroom

Heads should have rolled after last January's embarrassment, but they didn't.

If the McGuire transfer goes the same way we'll get some mealy mouthed excuse, probably a sob story about the EFL being overly stringent, and everyone moves on. With the exception of JDT, who may well just say fuck it and leave. 

I just hope McGuire can head back to the States and continue on as normal until the summer. Not fair on the kid at all. Must be wishing he'd signed with Wednesday instead.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Absolutely not, I'm of the same opinion.

110%. Lighting doesn’t strike twice in the same place. 

I would say the EFL or similar needs to intervene here but who am I kidding. 

Somehow, we simply must rid ourselves of those see you next Tuesdays in India. There is no other way forward.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, jwlrovers said:

Am I being too cynical to think that this wasn't a mistake at all, but in fact intentional?

Maybe explains why a loan for Leonard never seemed on the cards... they knew he would be needed as one of three.

• Like 4