BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Can you link an example of a digital fax machine? All I can think of that you mean is a scanner that sends emails? 

https://uk.pcmag.com/cloud-services/83646/the-best-online-fax-services-for-2020

https://www.ifaxapp.com/blog/traditional-faxing-vs-digital-faxing#:~:text=Digital faxing offers features like,difficult for hackers to retrieve.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Can you link an example of a digital fax machine? All I can think of that you mean is a scanner that sends emails? 

Adobe offer docusign but it prompts you to sign until the end of a document and then submits it.  So beyond that id imagine it's a none market leading software and I'm struggling to understand bar advanced security concerns (that don't concern other multi nationals or key signature takers) why they'd not use Adobe 

1 hour ago, TommyRovers said:

Just a minor update... And one that has blown my mind.

Some of the forms needed to register McGuire were lying on top of the fax machine and hadn't been sent. Whether these were visa, international clearance/registration I do not know. The club sent all relevant forms to the EFL and went ahead with the announcement. It wasn't until hours later that this was discovered thus creating the mess we are now in.

I wish it was satire. An incredibly embarrassing situation that has created a whole host of finger-pointing and infighting. Heads will roll, it's just unclear which buffoon will be made the scapegoat.

Heads must roll and it is very clear to me which these people are. Even if Duncan McGuire transfer happens still people should be removed from their roles

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

No....

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

The fax machine has been retired but clubs have the option of sending desktop faxes and scanned documents via email.

Tell me what I'm missing here.

An app is not a fax machine. 

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

The fax machine has been retired but clubs have the option of sending desktop faxes and scanned documents via email.

Tell me what I'm missing here.

An app is not a fax machine. 

For the record, I have no clue if what Tommy is saying is true, I am just saying that it could be true, because digital faxes are a thing

Edited by KentExile

lol jesus digital fax machine. No way. 

They'll either scan and send an e-mail directly from a multi-purpose printer/scanner or via their own e-mail (most likely as they can double check everything). How can they 'forget'? It was the biggest incoming transfer of the window, and they know not to fuck up. Whatever ends up happening we'll have a hard time convincing JDT to stay past the summer. 

• Like 1

As riveting as the type of digital fax service, machine, docusign is, it's good news if Tommy's info is correct and McGuire is signed up and good to play. The lads probably need a bit of a boost with all the goings on. 

Edited by ChrisyG

2 minutes ago, ChrisyG said:

As riveting as the type of digital fax service, machine, docusign is, it's good news if Tommy's info is correct and the McGuire is signed up and good to play. The lads probably need a bit of a boost with all the goings on. 

McGuire isn’t signed. That’s his point. They left the forms on the Betamax recorder or something.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TommyRovers said:

You're right. All the required forms were signed and sent to the correct places. Duncan Mcguire has been cleared to play and be registered as a Blackburn Rovers player. He's looking forward to playing against Stoke this weekend. 

How you know this?

1 minute ago, neophox said:

How you know this?

Do people not read back more than 1 page when they click onto a thread? He hasn’t signed.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Explain to me how this conspiracy works then.

You've used the word "conspiracy" because it makes the suspicions seem more extreme and outlandish and that suits your point of view.

I prefer the word "malfeasance".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Then why weren't they sent?

Because it's likely a story being put about as a 'it wasn't me it was him' arse covering job, that little tale points to the secretary i assume.

Edited by tomphil

Is this the typical fan? I hope not! From LT (of course).

Right on .2 hrs ago

User ID: 67611

I think we need to cut Rovers management some slack , their hands were tied until the Wharton deal was signed and sealed and then and only then could they proceed with this McGuire deal .I think they should be congratulated on getting £22.5 million for Wharton , a phenomenal sum for a player worth nowhere near that, Crystal Palace have well and truly had their pants pulled down . So lets have a bit of realism into the whole saga and see where it goes , people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon without knowing the full facts ..

Edited by 47er
  • Like 2