BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

They look bad and are there for the taking don’t get how we are losing so unfortunate, can’t see us not scoring second half 

I feel the opposite today, suspect we could play for five hours and not get a goal. If we had signed a proper striker - at any time over the last two years - we would be a proper top 6 team

Edited by Devon Rover
Spelling
  • Like 1

The better team losing, so frustrating. Hit the bar twice, Preston resorting to fouling out of frustration yet 1-0 down after a killer pass that was a result of their player slipping on his arse.

But what a difference a striker would have made to this game.

Sig should have scored though. It’s another terrible miss.

I’ve read this script several times before this season. 3 points lost despite outplaying the other team. Unless someone can come up with a bit of magic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Sammie has looked really leggy in this game. He's our fulcrum and you can see how much it hurts our attacking play when he's struggling to make an impact. Doesn't help that Siggy is both carrying a knock and off form as well. Dolan been trying too hard to make things happen without having much of an effect. Moran unlucky hitting the bar, has been trying to make an impact but often let down by poor touches and passes.

Think we've been largely solid in the middle and Tronstad in particular has been doing very well. Wharton has been tidy and made some good passes around the final third. Trav has engineered a lot of our attacking moves and been further forward than you'd assume he would be, but perhaps as a result has been suspect defensively. 

We've struggled to defend whenever Preston have come forward - we were seriously rattled after they scored, but managed to pen them back for the last five minutes or so of the half which helped ease the pressure. With that said Preston haven't looked too threatening other than a couple of early chances and Browne's goal which was taken very well. 

Still think we can come back into this one, but we need to be a lot more clinical. One shot on target out of ten isn't good enough, regardless of how many times we hit the bar. 

Not much on the bench that will realistically change things in any meaningful way, so I think we need to hope Sammie has a revitalised second half alongside Dolan. Judging by Siggy's limping throughout the half I don't know how much longer he'll be on. Moran has the potential to make a difference, but he needs to improve his composure. 

Dolan set up both chances that hit the bar so not sure he's not had any effect.................

• Like 1

Late chance aside, Moran has been poor. He looks really good with time and space but Preston are on him, Potts has him under a lot of pressure and he can’t really handle it. That’s alright, it’s part of learning and a reason why he’s come out to us on loan, but he’s going to need to find the space if he’s going to have a consistent effect.

Trav wildly out of position for their goal. I don’t think the risk is worth the reward when he commits. He wants to drive us forward and that’s understandable as captain but he can’t leave a hole that big. If he’s in position there, I think they don’t get a real sniff this half. They’re not ahead on the balance of play, just one individual error.

I love Scott Wharton but I don’t want to see an Adam Wharton tribute act from a stout centre half. He’s been very effective aerially but he is trying to play a level above his ability with the ball at his feet. Needs to be a lot simpler with the ball.

Tronstad is consistently playing well and you can see the player that was signed coming through. Just needed to get up to speed. 

A few look tired, you can see how many minutes they’ve played as a stretched squad.

I’d like to see Leonard for Moran if Moran can’t find any space in the first ten, pull Siggy across to the left and Dolan to the right. Interplay between Szmodics and Siggy is more effective from the left.

2 minutes ago, des said:

While I think Adam w is good players on the ball when he does not have it  and having to defend his movement is too slow as shown in the goal there scored.  In a higher league  I think he will find it hard work. If we get a very good offer we should sell and reinvest in the team. 

Score should be each  the keeper could of done a bit better by getting a stronger hand to it. We need to have more impact  in the  second half

I feel like I'm fighting against the tide on this but there is no way the profits of a sale get reinvested in the team. 

21 hours ago, Mercer said:

Used to hate going to Burnden Park - horrible experience.

Also remember either either 1973 or 1974 when the Bolton mob en masse arrived early on the train in Blackburn town centre.  It was carnage and men against boys as Rovers' fans caught up in it took a real pasting.

Burnden was a horrible place to go in the 70s I got a right kicking at the bottom of them steps outside the away end after a match in 1975. But I remember the 60s when Rovers would take the Leaver End without a punch being thrown. They were shit scared of Rovers Grebo following (most or whom had no connection to Blackburn) who came for a fight!

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

The better team losing, so frustrating. Hit the bar twice, Preston resorting to fouling out of frustration yet 1-0 down after a killer pass that was a result of their player slipping on his arse.

But what a difference a striker would have made to this game.

Sig should have scored though. It’s another terrible miss.

I’ve read this script several times before this season. 3 points lost despite outplaying the other team. Unless someone can come up with a bit of magic.

Yep, we're excellent from box to box, but on nights like these you feel you've seen it all before - poor defending one end, poor choices at other. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, duckson said:

Dolan set up both chances that hit the bar so not sure he's not had any effect.................

Didn't say he hasn't had any effect tbf, as a whole we've been trying to pass the ball into the net and often resorted to taking shots from outside the box out of frustration. When we have broken through though we've made good chances... we just haven't finished them. 

Just now, DE. said:

Didn't say he hasn't had any effect tbf, as a whole we've been trying to pass the ball into the net and often resorted to taking shots from outside the box out of frustration. When we have broken through though we've made good chances... we just haven't finished them. 

Of the front four Dolan is the only one playing well. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yep, we're excellent from box to box, but on nights like these you feel you've seen it all before - poor defending one end, poor choices at other. 

We needed a striker to replace Szmod tonight, he looks tired. I reckon he’s carrying an injury but who else do we have?

• Backroom
1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

For the goal, Adam Wharton almost jogging back instead of his life depending on it. Lazy little shit.

Outplayed at home, second season running.

JDT does like to bottle a derby.

Think this is unfair. We haven't been outplayed, we should have scored at least one and possibly two, whilst their goal and their other big chance earlier in the game came from a couple of defensive lapses. Overall we've been in the game and the better team, just lacked some luck and have been punished for a defensive mistake. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

Would love to be positive but I’ve seen it all before.

Indeed. Get our noses in front and we look like we can score 2/3+. Go behind and we consistently look like we could play until midnight and not score.

Let’s hope tonight is different, but like you, I carry little hope.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!