BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Alan "Birdy" Birkbeck - RIP

I didn't know him that well, really only on nodding terms, but despite his reputation for being gruff he was always extremely courteous to me whenever we crossed paths at either Ewood or away games.

You have to have a special type of dedication to follow every game the Club plays at every level home and away and I only know two or three others of a similar ilk.

RIP. 

A fitting tribute supported from all side of the ground as Miller says above, the fans did Birdy proud last night, well done everyone, I sure his family will have appreciated that in this difficult time. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Indeed. Fans on their feet and applauding on all sides of the ground. 

Well done to all fans and he was given the sent off from the Rovers fans that he fully deserved. Didn't know him personally apart from one small conversation at the fans meeting when Shaw and Bowyer was here. He was die hard fan and a True Rovers legend 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 16:47, DE. said:

Never met Birdy but it's obvious he was Rovers' to his core and dearly loved the club. Great tribute last night.

Reading this tribute to him, @DE., it's just occurred to me - I'm slow on the uptake at the moment - to wonder if anyone knows whether Birdy was the original of the "Rovers Till I Die" chant?

Maybe not as the "composer"; certainly as the subject?