BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s & Waggott Out Protest Ideas

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Or just do as you please, without the superfan rhetoric or prodding people towards boycotting.

Let's wait and see what season ticket prices are, they might be the biggest prod towards boycotting.

• Like 1

Most boycotting began a decade plus ago and the vast majority of those fans are now long gone.

If ST numbers fall further this summer, the non renewing fan won’t be seeing it as a boycott, they’ll have just had enough of a shambolic football club charging them top dollar for a poor product… and that’s fair enough - their cash, their time, their blood pressure.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I've supported the club since 1975. It's been a massive part of my life but but early this season I decided to turn my back on it. At my age you don't want things in your life that make you angry and upset. You cut those things out of your life if you can so I did. I live overseas but was home earlier this year. I didn't want to go to Ewood but went to spend the day with my mates. I saw the Norwich, Millwall and Plymouth games. Awful, just awful. Such a terrible atmosphere at Ewood, so depressing. I don't blame the current manager, he's clearly limited but what can he do with that shower and a dysfunctional club? Ultimately we stayed up by virtue of a freak result. Were Leicester at it? If they weren't then we have that to thank for our undeserved survival. I have a horrible feeling of foreboding about the club's future. I believe next season will be catastrophic. I might check in around October to see if my worst fears are being confirmed. Otherwise life is too short to be made sad and depressed by a football club.

Fuck Venkys, utter scum.

Edited by Gordon Ottershaw
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

I've supported the club since 1975. It's been a massive part of my life but but early this season I decided to turn my back on it. At my age you don't want things in your life that make you angry and upset. You cut those things out of your life if you can so I did. I live overseas but was home earlier this year. I didn't want to go to Ewood but went to spend the day with my mates. I saw the Norwich, Millwall and Plymouth games. Awful, just awful. Such a terrible atmosphere at Ewood, so depressing. I don't blame the current manager, he's clearly limited but what can he do with that shower and a dysfunctional club? Ultimately we stayed up by virtue of a freak result. Were Leicester at it? If they weren't then we have that to thank for our undeserved survival. I have a horrible feeling of foreboding about the club's future. I believe next season will be catastrophic. I might check in around October to see if my worst fears are being confirmed. Otherwise life is too short to be made sad and depressed by a football club.

Fuck Venkys, utter scum.

Sadly sums up the whole situation.

Life long fans cutting it out like a poisonous ex lover.

A damning indictment of the virus that is Rao family and their associates.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Most boycotting began a decade plus ago and the vast majority of those fans are now long gone.

If ST numbers fall further this summer, the non renewing fan won’t be seeing it as a boycott, they’ll have just had enough of a shambolic football club charging them top dollar for a poor product… and that’s fair enough - their cash, their time, their blood pressure.

Yes very true that the fans who boycott over a decade ago have gone. spoke to 2 fans last week who used to come when we were in PL and were STH, but they haven't been back for years. They now have moved on to other things. One is into cycling and goes over the North of England cycling with his missus. The other one take his son take football club of another team cos that who wanted to support for different reasons. 

If Rovers don't make it more affordable for fans who are struggling financially but want to commit to ST. Rovers must it affordable for STH and single Match day goers with sensible and proactive pricing structure   

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Your first example, fair enough, that’s what happens when you get out of the habit.

The second one - shame on them.

I couldn't even imagine wanting to support another club.

As shit and disgusting as this one is now it'll always be my club.

If my son asked me to take him to go and see City or god forbid, the red scum he'd get a very blunt response along the lines of "you can fuck right off. If you want to go there you can fucking walk you little cunt."

I couldn't even imagine how my old man would have reacted to me wanting to support the red scum. Fortunately I was born a true believer.

There's only two things you can't choose in life. One is your family and the other is your football team.

You support your own local team. That's the law. Anything else is heresy and should be punished with severe flogging.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Your first example, fair enough, that’s what happens when you get out of the habit.

agreed totally

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The second one - shame on them.

It is the child choice and he picked that team cos it local club. His dad and mum both take him and he is enjoying supporting and enjoying football. Good luck to him. 

Can I ask Matty why you support Rovers and how did you involved in supporting Rovers(through your parents or family members for example)

Posted (edited)

Nope bad luck to him.

Passed down to me just like it has in my family generation after generation - just like that dad should’ve done.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Passed down to me just like it has in my family generation after generation - just like that dad should’ve done.

Yes I supported Rovers cos My dad supported them and he took me to my first game which was in Bournemouth at Ewood Park in 1993. 

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I couldn't even imagine wanting to support another club.

As shit and disgusting as this one is now it'll always be my club.

If my son asked me to take him to go and see City or god forbid, the red scum he'd get a very blunt response along the lines of "you can fuck right off. If you want to go there you can fucking walk you little cunt."

I couldn't even imagine how my old man would have reacted to me wanting to support the red scum. Fortunately I was born a true believer.

There's only two things you can't choose in life. One is your family and the other is your football team.

You support your own local team. That's the law. Anything else is heresy and should be punished with severe flogging.

Hmm are we related ? 

my mrs saw me miserable and bought newcastle jerseys for me and as i do watch newcastle games since shearer was there on/off ... but it's just not the same ... even when saudis bought them , yea i was happy for them .... but cursing our luck as we got chicken fukers ... 

When will our misery end... i heard rumors of bahrain investment interested in us but i also heard the effing shielding around the Raos is impenetrable ...

keeping my ears close to ground , praying for a rescue 

Venky’s Out 

Any other chat on this thread is irrelevant

The club are taking the piss out of us. In the absence of an all out protest, I will be voting with my feet & wallet next season and not renewing my season ticket.

Nothing will change until these owners and their board including the alleged criminal Steve Maggott get out of our club. Time to WAKE UP.

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2024 at 02:23, Gordon Ottershaw said:

Fuck Venkys, utter scum.

I did the same when they appointed Coyle. I didn’t watch matches, in fact I didn’t watch any football at all.  I didn’t come on here. My only connection with the club was to look at the scores at 5-00 pm on Saturdays and that was it. I’d open my paper in midweek and I’d see we’d played ( lost usually ). 
To be honest I felt miles better for it. I was much more cheerful and optimistic about life in general. Rovers were making me feel really miserable.

I came back when they appointed Lambert and Co. I thought at last  it would be a step forward. Of course they ballsed that up in their inimitable style.

I’m getting to that point again I’m afraid. There’s only so much shit you can take in your life. The only thing that keeps me interested is my grandson, he’s a Rovers fan and I like to encourage him. If it wasn’t for him I’d have been long gone.

This is from somebody who has lived for football and Rovers since 1962 !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I did the same when they appointed Coyle. I didn’t watch matches, in fact I didn’t watch any football at all.

I came back when they appointed Lambert and Co. I thought at last  it would be a step forward. Of course they ballsed that up in their inimitable style.

Do you mean Mowbray?

Lambert was before Coyle.

Edited by MarkBRFC

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, I keep getting those two mixed up for some reason I can’t quite fathom.

The Coyle season was the only time in 30 odd years I haven't had a ST too. Genuinely thought someone was taking the piss then.

Like a fool though I couldn't quite shake it and probably spent as much on match tickets that season instead.

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

The Coyle season was the only time in 30 odd years I haven't had a ST too. Genuinely thought someone was taking the piss then.

Like a fool though I couldn't quite shake it and probably spent as much on match tickets that season instead.

I knew we were going down as soon as we appointed him. Not entirely his fault but all the stars were in alignment.