BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s & Waggott Out Protest Ideas

'Ask Steve and Suhail'

I bet there were a hell of a lot of Rovers fans hearing that and saying 'who' ?

Your time in the shadows is up my friend it's time to step into the light and answer some straight forward questions with honest answers. That's all we ask and if there is nothing to hide then why do you ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

The one in the Riverside stayed for the duration.

Largely positive reaction, and at least the ones near me who would previously have been all ‘just get behind the lads FFS’, ‘who else we gonna get to buy us’ kept largely quiet.

That’s a big change from even a few months ago.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Largely positive reaction, and at least the ones near me who would previously have been all ‘just get behind the lads FFS’, ‘who else we gonna get to buy us’ kept largely quiet.

Difference nowadays is there's so many social media people out there making stories about it. The total ineptitude of this club is now known globally.

Trying to defend it now makes you look like a total mushroom. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

'Ask Steve and Suhail'

Your time in the shadows is up my friend it's time to step into the light and answer some straight forward questions with honest answers. That's all we ask and if there is nothing to hide then why do you ?

I suspect you are right about lots of fans not knowing who Suhail is.

I have always been vey suspicious about him and I am pretty sure he is in regular contact with the owners and is the one who makes the key decisions on a day to day basis.

I suspect for example that no signing can be approved without him giving it the green light and likewise withy a sale.

I think he will continue to try to hide, so maybe putting some pressure on him, is the logical way to get some real answers.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if he is the one who gives the yes or no's on behalf of the owners only to have to change his mind after he's spoken to them.

He's their man on the ground here representing them and always has been therefore he should answer questions on their behalf.  The title 'Operations MANAGER' suggests he manages the whole operation here so he is accountable for just about everything on a day to day basis.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Rovers mentioned on the price of football podcast Giving it the be careful what you wish for spiel and bigging the Venky’s up. It’s shit like this that is ruining or club and keeping the fans who don’t protest in the dark. Every media outlet Is always saying the same. Who will buy them , they pump in 20 million a year and it’s not 95 anymore . 

Am sick of so called experts peddling this shit all over the media . Do your research or shut the fuck up

That guy doesn't know what he's talking about and is a complete SEM shill.

@Herbie6590 you have probably forgotten more about finance than this tool will ever know. Start up your own finance podcast, put on a football shirt and talk about united or Liverpool or any of those other plastic clubs. You'll make billions. You can then buy Rovers with all the money, run the place properly, we'll win the Champions League within five years. Piece of piss.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The banner in the Riverside couldn't be seen on TV.

Just need to keep the pressure going. When we have no fans in the ground anymore, all the ones with banners can meet together outside and cause a ‘scene’. That would get attention then.

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 4

On 11/02/2024 at 23:37, tomphil said:

'Ask Steve and Suhail'

Funnily enough I did exactly that, I asked Suhail. He read my message but didn't bother to reply.

He gets away with a hell of a lot in the shadows, more than anyone if you ask me.

Waggott has (for what it's worth) at least shown some willing to engage with fans.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Funnily enough I did exactly that, I asked Suhail. He read my message but didn't bother to reply.

He gets away with a hell of a lot in the shadows, more than anyone if you ask me.

Waggott has (for what it's worth) at least shown some willing to engage with fans.

Why does that not surprise me. Pressure needs to be put on him as well.

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Good stuff for trying to turn the heat up on suhail. He's a shadow man who should be brought out into the open.

Personally disagree on Waggott, I think he's shown complete disregard for the fans during this and for a large part of his time here. He has a special line to a few fans and that leaks out on here but other than that he doesn't say anything unless he has to.

This is a big part of the disfunction at the club, nobody communicates anything. Waggott judging from those who have spoke to him seems to be quite a good talker in smaller circles but doesn't like and (imo) doesn't come across well in larger interviews. His nature is to withhold information. The fact he's not spoken properly following the turmoil of the last month speaks volumes.

I think for all GB's faults (his transfer record doesnt look good right now) he's shown a willingness to communicate with fans and that has been appreciated by them. If Waggott communicated the strategy clearly I think he'd find a lot of people will go with him because as we've seen a lot of fans are happy to swallow the party line.

The main cause is to remove the owners and waggott goes with them. But I really don't like or rate waggott at all and to quote kevin keegan I would 'love it' if he was removed from the club.

• Like 1

I'm assuming Waggott was at the PL and EFL meeting of chief executives this week to try and sort out a deal for the redistribution of finances from the PL. From this it appears an impasse has been reached despite the intervention of the culture secretary. It looks like the new football regulator in waiting has his work cut out.

https://news.sky.com/story/frazer-urges-clubs-to-seal-football-new-deal-ahead-of-legislation-13072975

• Like 1

It’s £30 in JW Upper.

It’s a Saturday game so it’s £25-£30, nothing else enters the equation (well unless Swag thinks the away side will fetch 4k+ and then it’s £30-£35).

Edited by Mattyblue

Anyone else notice how JDT was gone within a week of suggesting people should 'ask Suhail'

He'd spent 8 months taking the piss out of Waggott with some of his press comments and nothing happened. 

But the second he references Shadow Man his time is brought to an end.

Perhaps shows the rankings here and just how determined they are to keep him hidden

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Anyone else notice how JDT was gone within a week of suggesting people should 'ask Suhail'

He'd spent 8 months taking the piss out of Waggott with some of his press comments and nothing happened. 

But the second he references Shadow Man his time is brought to an end.

Perhaps shows the rankings here and just how determined they are to keep him hidden

Does this Suhail character , possess a work permit ?

• Like 2