BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s & Waggott Out Protest Ideas

6 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Ideally, we need to set up a meeting on Zoom or in a pub, to coordinate unified action. 

From that, I’d propose setting up different working groups. 

Group 1- Focus on protests at Ewood and away games on match days.

Group 2- Focus on internet based protests, such as commenting on Venky’s social media pages.

Group 3- Focus on applying on pressure The FA 

Group 4- Focus on digging into Venky’s in India and why they still keep hold of us. 

You get the picture, but we need to get organised. 

I think that would be a great way to co-ordinate any protests, spreads the focus around and it isn't on one specific person to get things done 🤟

• Like 1

• Backroom

I always thought it needs to reach Pune somehow, protesting here can be ignored 

DNA seems to be a popular paper in the area.

It would also be worthwhile trying to find people that worked with them once upon a time, what was the short guy with the ponytail called, think it was Amit but I can’t recall surname 

maybe we can turn Akon against them 

Edited by Tom

9 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Is this available in a digital format ?

We need an updated version of this.

One long form and a short form version that can be banged up on socials.

Also if someone can put together some quick tiktok length videos that outline these facts. Especially concentrating on them being under investigation for financial fraud.

The way we get at them is to smash their reputation.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Also if someone can put together some quick tiktok length videos that outline these facts. Especially concentrating on them being under investigation for financial fraud.

The way we get at them is to smash their reputation.

Definitely. We need ex-players and celebrity fans on board too(Max Farnham, Roy Cropper etc). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The way we get at them is to smash their reputation.S

All fans should try to look at     www.ewoodpark.jimdofree.com

All the sections are pretty good, especially " The Venky's Reign of Terror"

Lest we Forget.

11 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Good idea.

I asked this yesterday (and I’ve not had a reply notification to my post), but has a committee been set up yet to get all these great ideas off the ground? 

It’s fine expressing our disapproval on here and other social media forms, but we need concrete action to start putting some proper pressure on Waggot and the clowns running the club.

I genuinely think the best co ordination can come from the We Are The Rovers. The more members,  the more power/influence it has. I could understand the previous efforts of building bridges wity Waggott , a line from Darkest Hour springs to mind.

"you cannot reason with a Tiger when your head is in its mouth"

I think it's time the screw is turned and he's left in no uncertain terms about that.

FWIW I have confidence they will be doing just that at the urgent meeting that has been requested. From what I've seen from @Miller11 he won't be fobbed off.

4 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The Trust is not a protest group though. Not within its remit AFAIK. 

According to their latest statement they are meeting with the club to say what the actual fuck.

In current guise , perhaps. I will admit being more than disenchanted by a move towards tea and biscuits , a policy of appeasement you  might say. However , as a sole body, surely its direction can be determined by the wills of its membership? 

If enough join and desire protest and a campaign or raising mass awareness. It should be a vehicle to which everyone can get behind.

It's remit is to secure the long tern future of Rovers. If it can't highlight issues with the club to the wider fanbase, then is it any better than the fans forum? I'd like to think it can put the right mask on for what is needed.

I am a paid up , albeit silent member , I suppose I'd better put the above to them!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom said:

I always thought it needs to reach Pune somehow, protesting here can be ignored 

DNA seems to be a popular paper in the area.

It would also be worthwhile trying to find people that worked with them once upon a time, what was the short guy with the ponytail called, think it was Amit but I can’t recall surname 

maybe we can turn Akon against them 

Anyone up for contacting Andy Cole for a statement on what he thinks of Waggott and his influence on the decline of the club??  [ I'll be the first to admit that I wouldnt know where to start.......]

• Like 2

The spotlight should be shown onto the actual legal status of The Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic Limited company, this is the legal entity out of which Rovers trades/operates.
With specific attention to the officers, the Board of Director, placing pressure on them to consider their positions and whether it is wise for them to be continuing in the current climate.
A reminder about who these officers presently are, as appearing on Companies House:-
Steven Waggott – Chief Executive Officer
Michael Anthony Cheston – Finance Director 
Reddy Gandhi Babu
Robert Duckworth Coar – apparently described by some as a non-executive director, though this should not be confused with non-statutory directors, who are not appointed to the board of directors. A non-executive director is a full member of the board, who has the same official duties, responsibilities, and yes, liabilities that apply to a standard director! 
Sreenivasa Rao Mandava
Then there is Ian David Sylester who is the company secretary. 
The Board of Directors have a set requirement, besides the management of the company’s business, they make strategic and operational decisions of the company and are responsible for ensuring that the company meets its statutory obligations. Act within powers, promote the success of the company, exercise independent judgement, avoid conflicts of interest, not accept benefits from third parties, declare interests in proposed or existing transactions or arrangements with the company.
Duties and obligations on a director also state that a director owes under common law principles a duty of confidentiality; then an obligation relating to the health, safety and welfare at work of its workers; plus similarly obligations under environmental, competition and anti- corruption legislation.
Now all of the above is fine and trouble free and works swimmingly in your standard profitable trading company.
However when questions as to the company’s viability or going concern are raised then this should give cause for concern by your Board of Directors. Especially so when perhaps there might be the added risk of liquidation on the horizon; administration or an insolvent liquidation. When a company is in financial difficulties the directors should seek advice as soon as possible if they are to avoid potential personal liability under insolvency legislation. The general duties are also then modified to include an obligation to having regard to the interest of creditors. 
Then there is the issue of wrongful trading, which is an increased risk on the directors. Where they knew or ought to have concluded that there was no reasonable prospect of  the company avoiding insolvent liquidation or administration, and they continue to allow the company to trade after they knew or ought to have concluded, and do not take every step they ought to from that time to minimise the potential loss to creditors.
I could go on and mention fraudulent trading or misfeasance, though I am sure the above persons are not party to any such goings on. 
Now I do not know who all of the above are, other than the first two whose roles are specifically stated, along with Rob Coar (who it is said, is only on the board in a capacity to safeguard his FA position?), though they might all be now considering their positions in light of various specific announcements along with matters reported in local newspapers and other media outlets, if true. 
I have heard a name mentioned, Suhail Pasha, within the corridors of power at Rovers, he has a reported role as the owners’ advisor, is he one of the aforementioned names who is on the Board of Directors?
Might this role be considered to be that of a Shadow Director and is he permissible to take up such a position?

Once again if I was one of those five directors listed, I most certainly would be seeking clarification and obtaining evidence such as a corporate governing structure as to Suhail’s roles. Otherwise without him also being on the hook so to speak, I might not necessarily be taking instructions from him, over the fiduciary duties of being a director of Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think the Newcastle game is a very good one to target

If people could make contact with the Newcastle Supporter Group I reckon they would be on side too. They have had their fair share of problems with owners...although not quite on this scale

I dont think Newcastle supporter groups are interested in that sort of thing, now there club is sorted they laugh at clubs like us.

They had 3000 leaflets printed taking the piss out of Everton when they played at Goodison recently.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I dont think Newcastle supporter groups are interested in that sort of thing, now there club is sorted they laugh at clubs like us.

They had 3000 leaflets printed taking the piss out of Everton when they played at Goodison recently.

Agree. It's a daft idea to target the Newcastle game. They're a deluded lot who think they support the biggest club in the world. They look down on us like they do most clubs and we won't get any sympathy from them let alone support

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Agree. It's a daft idea to target the Newcastle game. They're a deluded lot who think they support the biggest club in the world. They look down on us like they do most clubs and we won't get any sympathy from them let alone support

Good job it’s got nothing to do with Newcastle then. 

The game is live on BBC One, that’s why it should be targeted - for maximum impact and maximum exposure.

Join the WhatsApp group if you want to discuss & come together on a planned course of action. If not then please don’t comment on this thread if you’ve got nothing useful to say to take things forward.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Don't think its a bad idea at all to target the Newcastle game, we probably won't have another game as high profile all season.

Just not sure getting there fanbase on board will work.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

The game is live on BBC One, that’s why it should be targeted - for maximum impact and maximum exposure.

Join the WhatsApp group if you want to discuss & come together on a planned course of action. If not then please don’t comment on this thread if you’ve got nothing useful to say to take things forward.

The Cup game will be on national TV but it was a response to the idea to contact Newcastle fans - which I think would be a waste of time for the reasons stated.

There's differing views on how we should go about the protests and this is one forum where they can be expressed. If you don't understand that perhaps you should stick to your WhatsApp group where you might be more useful?

Edited by jim mk2

9 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Pointing out the obvious, but as you say, the Newcastle game is 100% where our focus needs to be. BBC 1, against a big club, probably shown globally too. Good chance to get Lineker, Shearer etc. speaking about it too.