BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s & Waggott Out Protest Ideas

Come on guys this is exactly what they want!!

I take into consideration the opinions of everyone regardless of if I agree or not.

anyone who gives there time and thoughts to post on here in my mind has a deep emotional connection with the club.

bickering with one another solves nothing.

3 hours ago, Glosrover said:

Anyone up for contacting Andy Cole for a statement on what he thinks of Waggott and his influence on the decline of the club??  [ I'll be the first to admit that I wouldnt know where to start.......]

It's a good shout. Cole has inside information relating to the takeover too, as he revealed that somebody told him what was going to happen at Rovers in 2010 with this lot, Kean etc, months before it actually happened.

Not that he would share with fans, but I feel he is one of a few former players that 'worries' the bastards behind the scenes.

Does anybody know how the following video came about?

It says he was sent by the 'League of 72' to shoot the video, but obviously somebody at the club cleared it for this to happen. Did he meet Waggott during this visit, I wonder, and what is his view of him now? Would be great if we could get in touch with Coley somehow, but it's a longshot.

45 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Good job it’s got nothing to do with Newcastle then. 

The game is live on BBC One, that’s why it should be targeted - for maximum impact and maximum exposure.

Join the WhatsApp group if you want to discuss & come together on a planned course of action. If not then please don’t comment on this thread if you’ve got nothing useful to say to take things forward.

How do you join the WhatsApp group please? 

venkysout.com venkysout.co.uk and venkysout.uk all setup (with their www equivalents) - secure enforced, on cloudflare/aws cloudfront, proxied for a little ddos protection, all pointing to single point of content.

I've thrown just a logo on there for now but whoever is (or wants to) sort out content just give me the word - or I can open up a private github repo for it to go on - pm me.

• Like 8

I have been testing the waters on social media today and spamming their social media, with anti venky and waggot posts. 

I also created a Facebook page, needs a little work, but it can be used to advertise protest times and dates. 

Feel free to join and post, its: 

Venkys Out 1875

• Like 3

Not in the WhatsApp group but 

There's 700k subscribers to the reddit.com/r/MLS.  

Currently two article tweets about us are top.  All the comments are asking why we wold do this, and laughing at the club.  If someone can outline an emotive and factual 'why' as to why we might have done what we've done I can see it flying both in there and on US journalism.  Back it with the odd source (Elliot Jackson article, athletic article) and you've made some American half interested sports reporters week.  

• Like 1

Lots of different groups appearing here. 

We need one unified group to be as effective as possible. Without wanting to sound picky too, people running the social media events/ groups/ pages, need to be literate, so that we’re taken seriously. 

1 hour ago, Rover80 said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824582382808365/

That's the link to the Facebook group, for anyone wishing to join 🤘

2 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Not in the WhatsApp group but 

There's 700k subscribers to the reddit.com/r/MLS.  

Currently two article tweets about us are top.  All the comments are asking why we would do this, and laughing at the club.  If someone can outline an emotive and factual 'why' as to why we might have done what we've done I can see it flying both in there and on US journalism.  Back it with the odd source (Elliot Jackson article, athletic article) and you've made some American half interested sports reporters week.  

Time to use this publicity and get the protest movement up and running. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The Cup game will be on national TV but it was a response to the idea to contact Newcastle fans - which I think would be a waste of time for the reasons stated.

There's differing views on how we should go about the protests and this is one forum where they can be expressed. If you don't understand that perhaps you should stick to your WhatsApp group where you might be more useful?

You specifically said the Newcastle “game” though and called the idea of targeting it daft ⬇️

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Agree. It's a daft idea to target the Newcastle game.

I started this thread and understand there is a lot of different opinions, my point was, if you’re actually willing to take action then join the WhatsApp group. 

The current plan is to target the Newcastle game with a protest during the game. This was the idea behind the original thread prior to the Wrexham game. Unfortunately only 2 of us were willing to do anything at that point. Hopefully following the QPR game and the conclusion of another shambolic transfer window, the tide is beginning to turn.

Most people on this messageboard seem to have big opinions & a lot of things to say but aren’t actually willing to do anything about it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

You specifically said the Newcastle “game” though and called the idea of targeting it daft ⬇️

I started this thread and understand there is a lot of different opinions, my point was, if you’re actually willing to take action then join the WhatsApp group. 

The current plan is to target the Newcastle game with a protest during the game. This was the idea behind the original thread prior to the Wrexham game. Unfortunately only 2 of us were willing to do anything at that point. Hopefully following the QPR game and the conclusion of another shambolic transfer window, the tide is beginning to turn.

Most people on this messageboard seem to have big opinions & a lot of things to say but aren’t actually willing to do anything about it. 

I agree about the above  Without meaning to sound offensive, as fans (me included), we just look like a bunch of angry keyboard warriors. 

It’s crying out for someone to take the lead and direct. I’m hoping the above Facebook group- which I’ve joined- does that. 

3 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I agree about the above  Without meaning to sound offensive, as fans (me included), we just look like a bunch of angry keyboard warriors. 

It’s crying out for someone to take the lead and direct. I’m hoping the above Facebook group- which I’ve joined- does that. 

This is absolutely key. The only way any protests will be successful is if there’s a small group of people orchestrating them that are all aligned and capable leading it. It’s a full time job that will take over your life. 

I had to duck out of the WhatsApp group for exactly the reasons you outline. 

• Like 2

Just now, J*B said:

100%, this will be the biggest obstacle. It only ever worked last time when there was Mark Fish and Glen Mullan leading it. It’s a full time job to do it properly. 

I suggested that on another post, we have several working parties, focusing on different roles, in order to spread the workload.

Full credit to those lads too, but we need to learn from those protests- what worked well and what wasn’t worth the effort. 

Just now, scotchrover said:

I suggested that on another post, we have several working parties, focusing on different roles, in order to spread the workload.

Full credit to those lads too, but we need to learn from those protests- what worked well and what wasn’t worth the effort. 

100% - there’s no point starting the race at the start line if someone can give you enough info to start over halfway to the finish. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

We were on the pitch protesting against the board more than 50 years ago. Good luck with your WhatsApp discussion 

• Like 4

The Facebook group is coming on ok, I was experimenting with it a bit today, but hopefully it can gain some numbers that translate to protesters around the ground. 

Kind of dipping in and out of it tonight, wife isn't well and I am on kids and cooking duty. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lesley Norris said:

I've been recommended trying to get the interest of a Pune journalist called Prasanna Joshi who works for ABP Majha. I was told we might need to badger him on Facebook to get his interest. 

https://www.facebook.com/prasanna.joshi.7311

https://www.facebook.com/abpmajha

Put together all the facts we have from the beginning up to now.

If he doesn't have to do any legwork and just has to type up the facts in an article it makes it easier for him to be with us.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I did notice the BRFC Action Group posted on Facebook the other day. So maybe there are plans in motion already

I will have a look and contact them, see if something is going on. Got a few people added to the Facebook group, but they will have superior numbers. 

• Like 1