BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s & Waggott Out Protest Ideas

8 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Maybe someone can try & get Salgado involved, he knows a lot about what went on during the early years I believe, and he has an ongoing afinity with the club.

A lot of the players of that era left under an NDA. That might be dissuade a few.

3 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Haven’t posted on here for a long, long time but still visit almost daily for info and to see what’s going on.

In order to orchestrate a successful protest, first of all, the masses need to know what really went on from the moment Venky’s took control of the club. By masses, I mean at least 95% of the support. We need to get the ‘Facebook brigade’ on side, so every supporter is singing from the same hymn sheet. We need the average Joe to know the full facts, the sort of supporter who simply rocks up at Ewood every second week and who doesn’t do Facebook and the other socials. We don’t want any factions or splits in the fan base. We all need to be fighting this together.

To this end, I would crowd fund a booklet or pamphlet to be distributed before a forthcoming home game which would outline, in bullet points and in a timeline, the absolute sh!t show that has taken place since day one.

I am not privy to everything that has happened but I have grasped plenty of the shenanigans by simply tuning in on here. The fact that Venky’s thought there was no relegation, Jerome Anderson and his band of merry men effectively having full control of the club for a period of time, the dozen or so unknown Portuguese players who arrived and then departed, agents fees etc., the threats of violence to Glen (and no doubt others), the alleged Glasgow gangsters, the purchase monies for BRFC back in 2010 being traced to a branch of Western Union in Bradford (for fuck’s sake), Steve Kean’s involvement, the fans’ delegation that went to the Football Association to seek help and which fell on deaf ears, right up to Venky’s current problems with the authorities in India and alleged fraudulent affairs. 

There will be plenty of stuff that I’ve forgotten about but, all of this and more, needs to be highlighted in the booklet or similar publication. Perhaps also, a Facebook page being set up to mirror the said booklet, plus a pinned thread on here with the same information. An advert in the Lancashire Telegraph outlining the booklet to be distributed before a home game. Talks at local working mens clubs to get the message across with Colin Hendry as an ambassador. Would Chris Sutton get involved? He talks sense and tells it as it is.

There’s absolutely loads that could be done to get the message across and to get all our support onside. The Venky’s need to be smoked out. They need to be shamed. They need to be embarrassed. They need to leave and they need to be told to put the club up for sale. That’s the way to go, rather than Administration.

To draw attention to our plight, Tony’s suggestion of whistles at the Newcastle game is superb. Wouldn’t need many to get involved in that. Just a few in three of the four stands. Couple that with tennis balls on the pitch and it would be a start.

I’m nearer 70 than 60 now. Venky’s have worn me out and I only attend a few games each season. I doubt I’ll ever see the Rovers back in the Premier League. Over to some younger blood to implement the above. Best of luck.

VENKY’S OUT!
WAGGOTT OUT!
IT’S OUR CLUB!

Excellent ideas there… 

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but we could do with a working committee to get things organised and moving, otherwise these ideas will never become a reality. Within that, one sub-committee could  focusing on the UK (pressuring Waggot and Pasha to walk) and the other one could focus on India. 

Also, targeted Facebook adverts might be useful… in Pune. When I was involved in the Darwen Bailey’s Field housing protest, some of the members paid out for a long running advert on Facebook, and it made people aware of the situation. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rover80 said:

Andy Cole might be a good shout as an ex-player ambassador, sure he would love to see Waggot get his comeuppance. 

Remember reading on here about his signing on fee- was it in a newspaper article? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Remember reading on here about his signing on fee- was it in a newspaper article? 

Yes, it's the first I had ever heard of it reading about it on here. Quick Google search and it pops up, be worth using that, to highlight what true low life that twat is. 

• Like 1

protests wont work ( doesn't mean they should not happen ) as they will not get mass support, far to many are happy with the venkys pay to keep the club going narrative and we should be grateful. Far to many social media happy clappers have slapped down anyone not happy some prominant rovers fans on twitter are guilty of this, but their concited smugness all formed part of that narrative of be grateful to venkys.  There will be people like me who protested before but don't have passion or fire to do it again. I don't attend games anymore and follow whats happening from a mental distance. Venkys will drag the club under before letting it go, the be grateful brigade have played a small part in that.  Because to them getting likes and being smug on twitter was more important ( whilst no doubt never going to Ewood )

• Like 1

Just before his mate Coyle was sacked Jim White did a whole show calling out Venkys and Suhail Pasha in particular. I quote "venkys we are coming for you" . Didn't follow up. Radio silence since. 

Let's bombard talk sport. Emails, social media platforms and every phone in going to remind them of this. Get #Venkysout trending. 

On 606 calls to Sutton and Savage may be met with more sympathy and understanding.

12 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Just before his mate Coyle was sacked Jim White did a whole show calling out Venkys and Suhail Pasha in particular. I quote "venkys we are coming for you" . Didn't follow up. Radio silence since. 

Let's bombard talk sport. Emails, social media platforms and every phone in going to remind them of this. Get #Venkysout trending. 

On 606 calls to Sutton and Savage may be met with more sympathy and understanding.

I remember the Jim White bollocks.

But good idea highlighting to talk sport and 606

• Like 1

Looks like the time to strike with regards to any protest is now.

The Rovers Twitter page has posted this morning just the standard "Up next" usual post, which normally isn't really commented on. There are 50(ish) comments (not a lot, granted) and 95% are just #VenkysOut or have that hashtag in the comments.

What is the attitude of our local MP’s ? There’s a general election in the offing ? Maybe they could be galvanised into some action.

As a side note, there’s a by election in my constituency, Rochdale, and the candidates were out in force at the football match on Saturday and the Rugby League match on Sunday. One of the candidates is a Dingles season ticket holder, allegedly, but he still rocked up to the ‘Dale on Saturday. It shows politicians are aware that football fans are also voters.

Could we crowd fund a “ Venkies Out “ candidate in Blackburn in the forth coming general election ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Booklet/Pamphlet

The aim of this should be to inform and unite the fanbase of the decline of our club, while gaining support for future protests, as @ClaytonsLeftBoot pointed out.

·         Relegation from the Premier League/Relegation to League 1.

·         Jerome Anderson/dodgy agents.

·         Dwindling attendances (Could be a good idea to interview people who have stopped attending).

·         Poor management of finances, lack of funding to strengthen the team, player assets leaving for free and the last few transfer windows.

·         Appointing people to positions who either have little knowledge or too incompetent to make decisions that best serve the club.

·         Being under investigation by the Indian Government.

Just a few points I can think of on a Monday morning that might get others to take note. If figures can be put together to back up some of these points with info graphs, it will help convey the message better.

Distribute this on match days and have some condensed versions to share on social media, to bombard club posts with. 

Social Media

I there is a Venky’s Out page that has been recently set up on Instagram, although not too sure, does anyone know if there is a Facebook page set up by the same person? If not could do with being set up.

As people are starting to turn a bit on social media, comment on their posts and direct them to the any relevant anti Venky’s social media pages.

Also, with the wilting Rose and Chicken Head banner, could do with links to the social pages.

If anyone has made an info graphs, videos or memes, could do with sharing on these accounts.

On Instagram/Facebook/X maybe tag:

@efl @bbcsport @rovers @(numerous ex players….    @lancashiretelegraph @england @skysports @venkateshwara_hatcheries_p_ltd      Plus the Rao's personal accounts. 

Few Hashtags to go on any anti Venky posts:

#Venkysout #Blackburnrovers #Rovers #efl #protest #saveourclub #enoughisenough

#Sell #Football  #Premierleague  #englishfootball  #englishfootballleague  #footballassociation  #england #idiots          Maybe some unique ones like  #Venkyssell  #TimetosellVenky  #Sellbrfcvenkys

Loads more to go at, but without a bit more research, that would be a start.

Press

I think the football talk show with Chris Sutton is a good idea, might be worth emailing them. Does Kevin Gallacher do some commentary on the radio? Could be worth contacting him too.

These websites might be worth contacting if something can be put together (read the odd one or two, not sure about some of them):

https://the72.co.uk/

https://www.teamtalk.com/

https://www.football.co.uk/

https://www.footballfilter.com/

https://www.football365.com/

If we start making enough noise (while the fan base is starting to get pissed off) it might draw some more attention to the cause, hopefully something will gain momentum and the national press might even cover us (although I am under no illusion that they would with all the focus being on the premier league, lazy journalism to be fair), if we get the build up and can demonstrate while the BBC covers the Newcastle game.

A couple of Monday morning ideas, need to sort of get back to work now!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What is the attitude of our local MP’s ? There’s a general election in the offing ? Maybe they could be galvanised into some action.

As a side note, there’s a by election in my constituency, Rochdale, and the candidates were out in force at the football match on Saturday and the Rugby League match on Sunday. One of the candidates is a Dingles season ticket holder, allegedly, but he still rocked up to the ‘Dale on Saturday. It shows politicians are away of football fans are also voters.

Could we crowd fund a “ Venkies Out “ candidate in Blackburn in the forth coming general election ?

Not a local MP as such but Tim Farron has voiced his concerns about the ownership 

• Like 1