BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s & Waggott Out Protest Ideas

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Bodies in, some of the Adam money will be spent in the summer, the rest will help the club. What are you protesting about? Just get behind the lads FFS’

The naysayers can be silenced in an instant by telling them we were a Premier League Club when Venky’s took over. Tell them to go home, do some research and they’re more than welcome to join the protest when they’re more clued up.

Back yourself and what you believe in. Why are so many on here so opinionated but haven’t balls to put their money where their mouth is and actually TAKE ACTION?

I can’t make the QPR game as I’m away for the weekend but if there’s not even a minor voice of discontent from the fans we are well and truly f*cked!

JDT has been silenced, we’re the only ones left

DO SOMETHING

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

The naysayers can be silenced in an instant by telling them we were a Premier League Club when Venky’s took over. Tell them to go home, do some research and they’re more than welcome to join the protest when they’re more clued up.

Back yourself and what you believe in. Why are so many on here so opinionated but haven’t balls to put their money where their mouth is and actually TAKE ACTION?

I can’t make the QPR game as I’m away for the weekend but if there’s not even a minor voice of discontent from the fans we are well and truly f*cked!

JDT has been silenced, we’re the only ones left

DO SOMETHING

IMG_5666.jpeg

So you're demanding that others take action but won't be doing so yourself ?

19 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

So you're demanding that others take action but won't be doing so yourself ?

I’ve printed out a 6ft banner that cost me £40 and it came out v Wrexham on Monday night on 85 minutes with the kind help of @Oldgregg86  

I’ve done something positive and would do it again if I was able to make the game. Not seen anyone else do anything, apart from 1 minor chant in the Blackburn End v Huddersfield that died down very quickly!

It’s incredulous to me that other people on here won’t, despite the negative feelings towards Venky’s and yet another shambolic transfer window. The level of apathy is unreal.

Crystal Palace fans protested recently v Arsenal and they’re an established Premier League Club with some top class talent on their books and they’ve just signed one of our own, a generational talent to build a team around, a future Champions League & England player who didn’t really want to leave…and yet we’re the ones doing sod all. Incredible!

IMG_5666.jpeg

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 7

As I hinted at up the page, not a chance of a protest against the owners now. A few frees and loans and if social media is anything to go by a fanbase that felt close to turning are back firmly in their pocket.

• Like 1

Keep banging on about it without doing it myself but the Orlando fan account got 125k views off of 10(?) tweets timed well.  

The game on BBC will have eyes all over it on TV but with half a chance any decent game will get following on social media.  Football twitter loves a thread on twitter - especially narrative ones and ones about mad owners.  

Draft up one of each (e.g. a crazy 15 years of Venkys with the Akon, bird on pitch etc - tag lad bible or whoever is the recycling agent of content currently) and a thread doing an 'investigation' of the financial side tagging soccernomics (forget the book name), Simon Jordan and Linekar's pod (Shearer connection) and i think with a bit of coordination to get a few likes quick the algorithm might pick it up and spread it to X thousand 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

As I hinted at up the page, not a chance of a protest against the owners now. A few frees and loans and if social media is anything to go by a fanbase that felt close to turning are back firmly in their pocket.

Nothing to stop YOU from doing something though, which is the point duffsleftpeg is making.

I was responding to simongarner talking about a Newcastle protest with the crowd walking out after 15 minutes.

That won’t happen as most of the crowd currently have little issue with the owners - so why would they be walking out of a game they’ve just spent £25 on?

We need to get serious, it’s education, it’s getting journalists on board, it’s infographics explaining their reign of terror in simple format around social media. This is not going to be a quick process, large numbers of the fanbase have contracted Stockholm syndrome - so let’s stop wasting time and energy talking about  pie in the sky ‘protests’ that won’t get off the ground.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I was responding to simongarner talking about a Newcastle protest with the crowd walking out after 15 minutes.

That won’t happen as most of the crowd currently have little issue with the owners - so why would they be walking out of a game they’ve just spent £25 on?

We need to get serious, it’s education, it’s getting journalists on board, it’s infographics explaining their reign of terror in simple format around social media. This is not going to be a quick process - so let’s stop wasting time and energy talking about  pie in the sky ‘protests’ that won’t get off the ground.

100% with you on that one.

For some reason we have to start small with any kind of action against the people that have dragged this club to the lowest points it's ever been.

Education is the most important thing at this stage but only if people are willing to listen. Two key arguments I'm seeing

1. "I'm no fan of the venkys but who us going to buy us" 

2. "I just wish people would understand FFP" before then going on to list covid losses and funding of the academy as two areas we've spent money

• Like 1

You can’t make people listen but you can get traction very quickly on social media, plenty of fans who aren’t militant brfcs-ers aren’t slavishly pro-Venky’s either and can be converted to the cause, they genuinely just don’t know the half of it.

The Orlando fan info Tweet thread this very week was an example of said traction.

• Like 3

If say someone was to enter the pitch with a Venkys out banner, they'd be met by a chorus of boos more than any kind of agreement/support for it. You'd probably get a smattering of an FFP FFP chant as that's the stock answer on socials if you dare question the Venkys scum - "yOu ClEaRlY dOn'T uNdErStAnD fFp, We'D gO bUsT wItHoUt ThEm - ThEy WeRe JuSt BaDlY aDvIsEd"

Takes banging your head against a brick wall to new extremes it really does.

• Like 4

Facts based information is the way forward. I think the more people learn and understand about the past decade the easier any traction to make things better for the club gets. I think about when the HMRC stuff was online , there were still some with the head in the sand, but appeared a bigger proportion wanted answers. For some reason a transfer going wrong seeks to get the biggest backlashes and interest online, as if the club only exists during transfer windows.

I will be writing to Waggot and as many media outlets as possible. There is a story here to be told, at least its on the radar.

As its in vogue , I recall when Wrexham were facing going out if existence, the fanbase faced the same challenges on raising awareness (although youd now think 15k were manning the barricades and storming the pitch from watching Disney). They set up a fanzine (pre social media). Perhaps a RoversAnon twitter or something?

I find the parallels to Facebook and the you are all miserable and defeatist uncanny.  However they did prevail and DID save their club (angry, miserable gits) 

We aren't yet at this extreme point but you'd think it's coming someday.

Screenshot_20240203_094659_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240203_094513_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240203_094613_Chrome.jpg

16 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

I’ve printed out a 6ft banner that cost me £40 and it came out v Wrexham on Monday night on 85 minutes with the kind help of @Oldgregg86  

I’ve done something positive and would do it again if I was able to make the game. Not seen anyone else do anything, apart from 1 minor chant in the Blackburn End v Huddersfield that died down very quickly!

It’s incredulous to me that other people on here won’t, despite the negative feelings towards Venky’s and yet another shambolic transfer window. The level of apathy is unreal.

Crystal Palace fans protested recently v Arsenal and they’re an established Premier League Club with some top class talent on their books and they’ve just signed one of our own, a generational talent to build a team around, a future Champions League & England player who didn’t really want to leave…and yet we’re the ones doing sod all. Incredible!

IMG_5666.jpeg

Only YOU done anything . ?

What about what Glen, Mark,  brag and others did ?? 

Did you march ? Sit in ? Protest outside 24 hours ? Brockhall when it was baltic ? Other things that won't be named on here ?

It's good you got a banner  every credit but don't spin it that it's just you ,it sounds like a kea@ thing to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

You can’t make people listen but you can get traction very quickly on social media, plenty of fans who aren’t militant brfcs-ers aren’t slavishly pro-Venky’s either and can be converted to the cause, they genuinely just don’t know the half of it.

The Orlando fan info Tweet thread this very week was an example of said traction.

On the flip side of that though, look at what people are saying in the replies here…

19 minutes ago, sabino said:

Yes, once any chance of promotion went.

It just needed a prem team to come in.

I’s wager it only became inevitable when the court case was adjourned to March.

An English football club run on the whims of an Indian judge… not really sustainable, is it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ABBEY said:

Only YOU done anything . ?

What about what Glen, Mark,  brag and others did ?? 

Did you march ? Sit in ? Protest outside 24 hours ? Brockhall when it was baltic ? Other things that won't be named on here ?

It's good you got a banner  every credit but don't spin it that it's just you ,it sounds like a kea@ thing to do.

Calm down I’m on about now not 10 years ago.

Not a whimper v Wrexham and barely a minor chant v Huddersfield. Let’s focus on the here and now, not argue amongst ourselves. I’m not trying to spin anything just telling it how it is right now 

• Like 3