BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s & Waggott Out Protest Ideas

10 hours ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I wouldn't display the banner until shortly after KO. If it goes up before the stewards will remove it before KO and it won't be seen. If it can be seen being unfurled during match will get lots of attention and likely even more when stewards attempt to remove it once they see the message.

It's also likely the Rovers KGB are monitoring the site so I wouldn't give too much away regarding exact spot in ground etc.

Write the message in whatever dialect is spoken in Puna, that way no one at the Rovers will know what it says.

• Like 1

There'll definately be spy's in the camp so just be clever about it, don't give them an itinerary on here of what's happening. 

But of course what you have posted may well be a decoy!

Others fans who have noticed might be bringing their own too, who knows!

Edited by Ben-2000
  • Like 5

A: Income (gate receipts + TV revenue pool+ commercial etc)

B: Expenses (wages etc)

C: Profit / Loss

A-B=C

Sad to say, Venkys have been subsidising our loss for the tune of millions - for years. 

More sadly, in the medium term, they need to stick around until we’re in a more elevated position that someone else finds it attractive to invest millions (hopefully) in a smaller loss making activity.

I dread to think of the alternative.

Up the Rovers!

Gary

As mentioned in the HMRC thread, I’m keen to explore the Indian press as a means of protest. Their most prized asset is their (thoroughly undeserved) sense of personal pride.

Hazy memory that some forum members have contacts within Indian press, at the very least we could make initial enquiries there to understand scope and start to plot it out.

Fully support those planning to protest within the ground, but I don’t think this hinders or distracts that and two-fronts is something that can be effective. Visibility in each country would only help.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bethnal said:

As mentioned in the HMRC thread, I’m keen to explore the Indian press as a means of protest. Their most prized asset is their (thoroughly undeserved) sense of personal pride.

Hazy memory that some forum members have contacts within Indian press, at the very least we could make initial enquiries there to understand scope and start to plot it out.

Fully support those planning to protest within the ground, but I don’t think this hinders or distracts that and two-fronts is something that can be effective. Visibility in each country would only help.

Media is pay to play.

We pay the price we'll get some exposure. The full page advert is a good idea.

Shine a bright light on the scum.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2024 at 21:01, Waggy76 said:

An empty ground speaks volumes !!

I don't think it does really. Attendances have dwindled but Venkys have not been fussed. Their issue is they are not engaged, and reduced attendances don't catch their attention until there is a financial review, and then all it will lead to is reduction of the budget. 

Whatever is done needs to be something they will hear about and have to pay attention to.

6 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Got it out on 85 mins and again at full time! Thanks @Oldgregg86 for helping me out 

Little interest to be honest apart from a few young lads who helped us hold it up & were in support of Venky’s Out

Needs more though and hopefully from small acorns tonight it will continue to grow 

The fact that the message is out there is enough of a start.

After another shit season that has been a result of the venkys virus eventually more people will get involved.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Got it out on 85 mins and again at full time! Thanks @Oldgregg86 for helping me out 

Little interest to be honest apart from a few young lads who helped us hold it up & were in support of Venky’s Out

Needs more though and hopefully from small acorns tonight it will continue to grow 

No worries pal . Can’t be on your own. People saw it even if the cameras didn’t 

• Like 3

Did anyone in the ground actually see the banner brought out on 85 minutes and again after full time against Wrexham?

We were in Jack Walker Lower, on the Darwen End side in W03 close to the away team area.

Unfortunately I can’t make the QPR game but the Newcastle game is another great opportunity against another side with new owners who are present and care about the club they have bought! And let’s face it, we’ll likely get spanked so any protest is irrelevant to the team’s performance, which I am keen to protect as much as possible.

Needs more numbers and co-ordinated action in the ground. One relatively small 6ft banner, although a start, is nowhere near enough. It needs to be something that is cast iron guaranteed to get the attention of the directors box, JDT & the players and ultimately the national media.

I got my banner into the ground with no issues whatsoever and the stewards nearby weren’t interested at all. We had the banner up against the glass into the corporate section too at one point as a woman was filming on her iPhone.

A few dissenting comments nearby but @Oldgregg86 quickly put them in their place, telling them to go home and do some research on Venky’s! At full time a group of younger lads of Asian origin helped us hold up the banner at the front of the stand and were very much in support of Venky’s Out, saying they can’t believe this is the first time they’ve seen anyone protesting recently about our inept and absent owners. So the appetite IS there, even from younger people newer to the support.

Is anyone else actually going to do anything or just keep moaning about it on here and elsewhere online?

Inbox me if you would like to join the WhatsApp group I have set up to discuss further ACTION plans.

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Did anyone in the ground actually see the banner brought out on 85 minutes and again after full time against Wrexham?

We were in Jack Walker Lower, on the Darwen End side in W03 close to the away team area.

Unfortunately I can’t make the QPR game but the Newcastle game is another great opportunity against another side with new owners who are present and care about the club they have bought! And let’s face it, we’ll likely get spanked so any protest is irrelevant to the team’s performance, which I am keen to protect as much as possible.

Needs more numbers and co-ordinated action in the ground. One relatively small 6ft banner, although a start, is nowhere near enough. It needs to be something that is cast iron guaranteed to get the attention of the directors box, JDT & the players and ultimately the national media.

I got my banner into the ground with no issues whatsoever and the stewards nearby weren’t interested at all. We had the banner up against the glass into the corporate section too at one point as a woman was filming on her iPhone.

A few dissenting comments nearby but @Oldgregg86 quickly put them in their place, telling them to go home and do some research on Venky’s! At full time a group of younger lads of Asian origin helped us hold up the banner at the front of the stand and were very much in support of Venky’s Out, saying they can’t believe this is the first time they’ve seen anyone protesting recently about our inept and absent owners. So the appetite IS there, even from younger people newer to the support.

Is anyone else actually going to do anything or just keep moaning about it on here and elsewhere online?

Inbox me if you would like to join the WhatsApp group I have set up to discuss further ACTION plans.

IMG_5666.jpeg

Don’t check your inbox everyday mate 

you have my respect if nothing else

Edited by Oldgregg86

I think we target Suhail. Get a number of us buying tickets Jack Walker upper tier - he sits every home game alongside Waggott in the Directors seats. We can very easily be within eye-line and earshot of him. He’s got away with being the owners representative for far too long. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think we target Suhail. Get a number of us buying tickets Jack Walker upper tier - he sits every home game alongside Waggott in the Directors seats. We can very easily be within eye-line and earshot of him. He’s got away with being the owners representative for far too long. 

He apparently walks from the car park to the director’s entrance entirely carefree, every home game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J*B said:

This. Suhail is the one, venkys wouldn't notice.

He wants to work in the shadows. We shouldn't let him.

• Like 1

if it goes like its looking like and jdt walks tomorrow i think I'm going with him like i did when lambert  walked .Enough is enough. I lasted 18 months before the cravings came back , this time it will be until they go or not even ever. 

uncle jacks legacy that bint said. they're baby they said .

• Like 2

Why do Venkys actually own us? What do they get out of it? 

They don't have any interest in the town, the club itself or even football. We consistently loose them money (mostly because their terrible management has got us in this position), theyve ended up in court and they don't get any good press from us. 

Just don't understand why they want us..unless we're part of some overall tax loss savings scam.

• Like 1