BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s & Waggott Out Protest Ideas

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Oh jesus give me a break...clucking noises?!

A mass walk out of home fans.

Agree. Security at Ewood would need to know for H&S reasons as exit gates don't open until 80 mins. Telling security would mean they would have to open the gates which would give more publicity to the cause. Having said that a few 100 would make no difference.

• Like 1

Just looking at AFC Wimbledon - how refreshing would fan ownership be?

Welcome to the Dons Trust

The Dons Trust is the not-for-profit, democratic organisation that owns AFC Wimbledon football club.

For less than 50p per week, as a full member you get:

A say in the future of AFC Wimbledon – the Trust holds the controlling stake in the club

Priority entitlement (behind season ticket holders) to buy tickets for all-ticket matches

A democratic ‘one member, one vote’ role in the Trust’s decision making including a vote in the annual Dons Trust Board elections – and the right to stand for election yourself

Knowledge that your membership fee is being used to help fund the Trust and the club – the majority of the Trust’s annual income goes to support AFC Wimbledon Academy and in sponsorship of AFC Wimbledon Women’s team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Just looking at AFC Wimbledon - how refreshing would fan ownership be?

Welcome to the Dons Trust

The Dons Trust is the not-for-profit, democratic organisation that owns AFC Wimbledon football club.

For less than 50p per week, as a full member you get:

A say in the future of AFC Wimbledon – the Trust holds the controlling stake in the club

Priority entitlement (behind season ticket holders) to buy tickets for all-ticket matches

A democratic ‘one member, one vote’ role in the Trust’s decision making including a vote in the annual Dons Trust Board elections – and the right to stand for election yourself

Knowledge that your membership fee is being used to help fund the Trust and the club – the majority of the Trust’s annual income goes to support AFC Wimbledon Academy and in sponsorship of AFC Wimbledon Women’s team.

AFC Wimbledon made a club homeless on the whim of Chelsea. They’re bigots of the worst kind, I’d rather not be anything like them. 

• Like 1

I'm designing while a couple of drinks in here, but I think a big part of protest is iconography. Symbols, flags, etc. People like things that resonate, so here's a starting point from me.

edit: "LRVH" is an easy acronym and potential hashtag, along the lines of "COYB," "RTID" etc. It's positive about the thing we want to be positive about.

LRVH.png

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 6

Just now, Bethnal said:

I'm designing while a couple of drinks in here, but I think a big part of protest is iconography. Symbols, flags, etc. People like things that resonate, so here's a starting point from me.

LRVH.png

You need something that stands out. A symbol or a colour combination that differs from the normal ones imo.

Venky's logo with a red cross? STOP signs?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

You need something that stands out. A symbol or a colour combination that differs from the normal ones imo.

Venky's logo with a red cross? STOP signs?

I know what you mean and we've seen it before from the previous rounds of protests. There're chickens and everything else that you can incorporate. This is purely a starting point, an easy thing for stickers, badges, flyers, whatever materials.

edit: Also, the Venky's logo is gross, I've seen it enough for one lifetime.

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

edit: "LRVH" is an easy acronym and potential hashtag, along the lines of "COYB," "RTID" etc. It's positive about the thing we want to be positive about.

LRVH.png

I have a very talented designer that will make what we need as long as the brief for what is needed is very clear. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I have a very talented designer that will make what we need as long as the brief for what is needed is very clear. 

The briefest design brief I would give for this is "what would Gary Aspden do?"

Just now, glen9mullan said:

I'd point it at the Raos rather than venkys. Venkys is a company,  make it personal 

Yeah, agreed, we maybe need to be direct with the three siblings. "Venkys" is a one-word term you can say to most football fans to trigger the embarrassing memories of the Raos' ownership. Again, this is just a starting point.

I think we have to target “the Rao family” rather than Venkys. It will cause more embarrassment to them. 

“We will honour Jack Walker’s legacy” is what they promised when they took over.

We need to say that they have,on the contrary, dishonoured Jack’s Legacy. 

The wokerati will allege  racism of we say destroyed in india. We have no beef with India. 

Rovers have become an embarrassment under the leadership of the Raos. 

Hit their pride/ego. 

• Like 2

Certainly a few on twitter this evening sticking it to the owners. Farron, Speedie, Graham Liver, There's probably others too.

We certainly need to make a racket whilst there's a bit more focus.

Whatever plans come to fruition, I beg that everyone works together with the same ultimate aim. We're already witnessing what happens when that doesn't occur.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, toogs said:

The wokerati will allege  racism of we say destroyed in india. We have no beef with India. 

"Made by Walker, Destroyed by Roas" then? You don't want to get sidetracked explaining why your message isn't racist. I agree it's a stupid argument but just don't give them the option to start with. 

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I'd point it at the Raos rather than venkys. Venkys is a company,  make it personal 

Love Rovers/ Loathe Raos

LR/LR in a mirror image.

One side full of colour, life and joy, the other decayed, fetid and rancid.

The old yin yang, heaven and hell, light and shade format. 

• Like 6