BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s & Waggott Out Protest Ideas

Could we not reach out to the Newcastle fan base and tell them this is our Mike Ashley times a million and from a football perspective not team v team come together and help fight the biggest disease in football. If all four sides of the ground and all those fans could just give us a venkys out chant on 18 and 75 minutes or something would make massive worldwide headlines. They as fans know what it’s like going through this and let’s be honest they will be 3 up by half time .

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Could we not reach out to the Newcastle fan base and tell them this is our Mike Ashley times a million and from a football perspective not team v team come together and help fight the biggest disease in football. If all four sides of the ground and all those fans could just give us a venkys out chant on 18 and 75 minutes or something would make massive worldwide headlines. They as fans know what it’s like going through this and let’s be honest they will be 3 up by half time .

Would be great if they would...but they are owned by an organisation with direct links to someone who is the driving force in one of the more repressive regimes on the planet with lots of human rights issues - and the bulk of their supporter base doesn't seem unduly concerned by this. My guess is their appetite to join in a protest against 'dodgy' ownership in football is likely to be fairly limited these days!! Just shows it wasn't really the 'dodginess' of Ashley that was the issue - more his unwillingness to spend any meaningful money.

This applies to the bulk of their fans - to be fair there are some of their fan base who have expressed much concern about the Saudi ownership

Edited by oneandycrawford
  • Like 1

Its interesting that the new manager frenzy is in full swing on the JDT thread, yet anyone who is capable of seeing the bigger picture should be on here trying to bring about a change of regime. 

Tells you all you need to know I guess....

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, oneandycrawford said:

Would be great if they would...but they are owned by an organisation with direct links to someone who is the driving force in one of the more repressive regimes on the planet with lots of human rights issues - and the bulk of their supporter base doesn't seem unduly concerned by this. My guess is their appetite to join in a protest against 'dodgy' ownership in football is likely to be fairly limited these days!! Just shows it wasn't really the 'dodginess' of Ashley that was the issue - more his unwillingness to spend any meaningful money.

This applies to the bulk of their fans - to be fair there are some of their fan base who have expressed much concern about the Saudi ownership

I’ll chant Arabs in on 16 and 76 minutes if it helps our cause. They might even hear it an offer a round of beheadings as retribution for Glenn 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oneandycrawford said:

Think the greater NUFC fan base are more interested in football matters than human rights issues?

That's how they've always come across to me.

Worth an ask.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Its interesting that the new manager frenzy is in full swing on the JDT thread, yet anyone who is capable of seeing the bigger picture should be on here trying to bring about a change of regime. 

🐔🔥 Give this man a cigar 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gav said:

other than travel to india and machine gun them all,there is`nt a lot we can do,our best hope is an indian judge,other than that we are relying on fate dealing venkys a terrible turn

How much would an advert outside one of the test match venues be? 

Make news both countries? 

Could we just chuck all the dirt at the club in the direction of the new regulator? Be a test case....

Suhail is in directors most home games. Bulk buying tickets or obstruct his entry to Ewood? A human mass outside directors/players entrance at Jack Walker.

None of this works without education on match days. Happy to fund, distribute leaflets or twitter / Facebook targeted ads ??

Whistles and eggs at games........

• Like 3

On 23/01/2024 at 09:03, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Hello all,

I’ve started this thread to discuss protest ideas so those in support can start taking positive action against the current state of the club and owners Venky’s & CEO Steve Waggott. Their short sighted and non-sensical business decisions are slowly killing BRFC from the inside out and it cannot be allowed to go on.

As fans we’re the only ones with the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club at heart 💙🤍🌹

Aims of the Protest Movement 

1. The ultimate aim is for Venky’s to sell the club to new owners who are present, communicate with the fans and have the best interests of the club & fans at heart AND the community it is part of.

2. The initial aim is to voice the growing frustration of the fan base & for the current CEO Steve Waggott to start communicating with us and to be open & transparent about the ongoing financial issues and resultant inability to recruit the quality & number of players we need to progress as a club. 

3. If there is no response from the club to the initial aims, the protest will enter its next stage, ideas below:

Ideas

Further ideas would be welcomed on how to take this forward. There were the first rumblings in the Blackburn End v Huddersfield with the “Venky’s Out” chant but we need more co-ordinated action for the owners & CEO to really sit up and listen. They’ve had a far too easy ride up until now.

Some ideas I’ve had already:

1. Protest with banners/sign reveal and singing on 18 & 75 minutes during a league game. This could be as simple as downloading the below image onto your phone or iPad & holding it up as well as home made banners, signs and the like for those who want to.

2. A Reading style pitch invasion and sit down protest during a game. This would be a last resort currently.

3. Printing of t-shirts and a full on march style protest ending up at the Jack Walker statue before a League home game

Any further and even more innovative ideas would be welcomed….

Venky’s & Waggott…were comin’ for you!

IMG_5666.jpeg

Returning the original post to the top of the agenda

We need these alleged CRIMINALS Steve Maggott and the Rao Family HOUNDED OUT of our club before it’s too late and the real asset stripping begins.

It’s incredible what’s transpired after this thread was created on the 23rd January but finally glad the wider Rovers fanbase & national media are waking up from their slumber as to what’s actually going on and Venky’s/Maggott to be shown up for what they really are.

This is bigger than the players or any new manager now. We need them gone to safeguard the future of Blackburn Rovers FC! 🥀 🐔 

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 6

On the topic of this thread...

I think the perfect theme would be...

LOVE Rovers | HATE Venkys

Can't be any clearer than that. 

Plus the chant is already there. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, Gav said:

Yeah I have to be honest, it's all gone rather quiet on the protest front. I don't know if that's a good or bad signal.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, oneandycrawford said:

Think the greater NUFC fan base are more interested in football matters than human rights issues?

That's how they've always come across to me.

Worth an ask.

4 hours ago, Neal said:

On the topic of this thread...

I think the perfect theme would be...

LOVE Rovers | HATE Venkys

Can't be any clearer than that. 

Plus the chant is already there. 

We are the Rovers, We hate Venkys, We are the Rovers, We hate the Raos, We are the Rovers,

and on and on and on 👍

Could I just add my thanks to greg mullan for all his work with regards Rovers.

I knew about his sterling efforts a decade or so ago and knew it had taken a strain. I didn't know however the details that he posted recently about the appalling treatment he and his wife had from seemingly some of our own fans. And if it is the case, if I understood correctly that the club paid for people to give him grief and the fact it is documented, that is truly astonishing. Why did it not become a matter for national debate and outrage?

I wish you all the best.