BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

An Indian fan on twitter is adamant it's all political and will resolved overnight with a change of govt over there.

So if they are holding off until after the elections we could be in for a long wait !

If they’re waiting for Modi to exit stage left they’ll have a very, very long wait. He’ll probably die in office, he’s certainly not going to be losing any elections, he’ll make sure of that.I’ve always thought it was political, that’s how things are done on the sub continent.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If they’re waiting for Modi to exit stage left they’ll have a very, very long wait. He’ll probably die in office, he’s certainly not going to be losing any elections, he’ll make sure of that.I’ve always thought it was political, that’s how things are done on the sub continent.

I must add this lad defends Vs in everything they do so it'll never be their fault anyway.

14 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Thing is, you can make stats turn shit to gold. 

2 points out of 3 games

Also considering the opposition on form and league table position alone we should have beaten Cardiff and Birmingham.

We should be getting 6points out of 9 and we got 2 out 9 

Forget comparisons of jdt last 4 games because they were different players, jdt didn't have gally or hedges or Dolan or jrc. If he had he could have got us 6 points out of those winnable games. But he isn't here so can't compare that. 

I agree with what you're saying but I disagree a little as whilst JDT didn't have Hedges, Dolan and Gally, JE doesn't have Wharton, Pickering, Carter or Travis and he's only had JRC for 1/4 game if we use the 3 game yard stick. 

As said, I am certainly not in the JE is the saviour camp (if that even exists) or the JDT out camp but I think we can recognise that he has managed to stem the tide at least initially, which at the time JDT seemed incapable of doing, whether that was due to stubbornness, ability or the broken relationship with the SLT we'll never know. 

Edited by Lancaster Rover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

It's a great excuse to not keep going to court though especially when you know there are x3 six million instalments dropping in 6 month intervals plus another lump from a previous transfer.

I stand to be corrected but my understanding is that instalments are paid annually over the length of a players contract. If that is true we are well and truly at the whim of some Indian judge.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I stand to be corrected but my understanding is that instalments are paid annually over the length of a players contract. If that is true we are well and truly at the whim of some Indian judge.

Who hopefully denies their request.

5 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Perhaps,but let's not forget all the wins jdt did get us and jdt didn't have gally, hedges, dolan or jrc for most of the past few months. He was playing attractive footy without many of our first team players.

His style of playing could have got us 6 points out of those games against Cardiff and Brum with those players back in the team.

Those games were dross and we got 1 point out of 6 so not exactly worth praising JE for playing defensive.

His style of playing got us bugger all against QPR.

We were not playing this style last year so I am not arguing last year was a great effort.

My opinion was that he had lost the plot coming into this season after they refused to let him out of his contract and said, "if you want attacking football while giving me cheap players here you go"

Edited by Blow-in
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Not sure if it came from Nixon or the journo at the Palace end but the thing i saw as the supposed agreement when the deal was concluded was 6 now, 6 in six months time then 6 next year and obviously add ons after that if and when they are triggered.

Sounds plausible seeing as part of the hold up seemed to centre around Rovers trying to get as much as possible up front.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I agree with what you're saying but I disagree a little as whilst JDT didn't have Hedges, Dolan and Gally, JE doesn't have Wharton, Pickering, Carter or Travis and he's only had JRC for 1/4 game if we use the 3 game yard stick. 

As said, I am certainly not in the JE is the saviour camp (if that even exists) or the JDT out camp but I think we can recognise that he has managed to stem the tide at least initially, which at the time JDT seemed incapable of doing, whether that was due to stubbornness, ability or the broken relationship with the SLT we'll never know. 

Let's see how the season unfolds. It's in his hands..I hope he does well because it means we do well. But let's see. A surprise win at Norwich would be lovely 

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Mate that's just coulda woulda shoulda talk.

Hes gone, Eustace is here that's the reality.

Exactly

I think you miss my point

The games JE has coached us so far have been dross and we got 1 point out of 6 so not exactly worth praising JE for "playing defensive" football

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

I very much doubt that the payments are related to the length of the contract given by the purchasing club. Are the clubs that sold players to Chelsea going to wait 8 years for their money? The length of contract and the payment schedule are two completely different things. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, alcd said:

I very much doubt that the payments are related to the length of the contract given by the purchasing club. Are the clubs that sold players to Chelsea going to wait 8 years for their money? The length of contract and the payment schedule are two completely different things. 

Agreed. The repayment schedule is entirely down to negotiation between the two clubs. It’s been widely reported that it’s three instalments but in reality only the signatories know for certain. 

• Like 2

I agree with Neil that the football has been dross, I’m not sure how JE is planning to bring winning football to the team but at the moment I suppose I’m just glad we’ve stopped conceding goals at the rate we were so we at least have a chance to win without needing to score 5.

• Like 1

Interesting reading what Pears has to say about the manner in which we have been conceding goals all season and wondering what JE can do to make these players defend better, pears says they have got to do their jobs better, wonder if JE holds them to account individually?

Screenshot_2024-02-22-19-11-17-98_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Exactly

I think you miss my point

The games JE has coached us so far have been dross and we got 1 point out of 6 so not exactly worth praising JE for "playing defensive" football

But....

You build from the back and give yourself the firm foundations to keep conceding low and hope to build on it at the top end.

Hard to beat in other words.

So Brum was a dour stodgy game and a 0-1, PKE 2-2 and despite a pounding for a half hour spell either side of HT we didn't completely cave and came away with a point.

Similar at Cardiff they asked the questions first half but we didn't let one in and second half we had a go but they defended well, so we were difficult to play against and came away with a point.

3 away games, 2 scored 3 conceded but two draws and a fist clean sheet since November so the base is being put in place.

Hence he deserves a bit of credit, entertainment isn't on his mind right now and shouldn't be on ours. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, alcd said:

This is confusion between paying the club we buy from and the writing down of the asset on the books.  

Really any player(asset) value is written down over 3 years on the accounts, which means he's worthless as an asset after 3 years........Chelsea have been trying to get round it by writing it down across 8 years and they aren't allowed to I don't think.....that's why Mel Morris got fucked...

Am not an expert but that's the jist

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alcd said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/13028764/premier-league-clubs-vote-for-five-year-maximum-player-contracts

The maximum is five years to pay transfer fees irrespective of contract length.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Perhaps,but let's not forget all the wins jdt did get us and jdt didn't have gally, hedges, dolan or jrc for most of the past few months. He was playing attractive footy without many of our first team players.

His style of playing could have got us 6 points out of those games against Cardiff and Brum with those players back in the team.

Those games were dross and we got 1 point out of 6 so not exactly worth praising JE for playing defensive.

The evidence is that we would have lost the last four games under JDT, as much as I enjoyed his football.  

13 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The evidence is that we would have lost the last four games under JDT, as much as I enjoyed his football.  

I don't think the last 4 games under jdt make an ounce of difference when it comes to his overall tenure and the context behind the last month or so, he wouldn't have quit if it wasnt so toxic at the club, a shit Jan window, being blocked from speaking to media ( that's just the QPR game ) etc etc.

Come on.

Bit naive to compare JE first 3 games (2 draws and a loss) to JDT last 3 games. 

12 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Good debate guys, the thing that shouts at you is the reliance that we still have on the players Broughton and Co inherited. 

The shiny new "recruitment" department needs to get its collective finger out. 

• Like 3

There have been a few changes in strategy since Eustace’s arrival in East Lancashire, one of those being from goal kicks.

Pears has tended to go longer in recent weeks whereas he previously looked to play out from the back at every opportunity.

“I don’t mind it,” he said. “Whatever the manager wants to do, I will do it.

“My legs are a bit knackered kicking 30 balls a game from not doing it! No, I am fine with it and the lads seem pretty good with it.

“We have got a good target man in (Sam) Gallagher so if he wants us to kick it a bit more, that is fine with me.”

Fairly clear what JE ball is about 

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

And then we go into administration?  Assume you won't lose your job.

More people will stand to be unemployed with things continuing the way they are.

Fortunately I have the ability to think beyond the end of this week.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2