BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (h) - 24/02/2024

5 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Well weve gone 343... no chance of any of the front three helping out the midfield, but Hedges could tuck in I think.  Will be interesting how it plays out. I dont think we can just launch it and let Norwich have the ball and the midfield all game. Theyre a much better outfit than Stoke.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

https://www.capology.com/player/sam-gallagher-34957/

Don't know how accurate this site is

Screenshot_2024-02-24-14-09-03-12_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

Normally not very accurate, no way on earth Dolan is only on £500/week (maybe he was when he first signed, but he signed a new contract 6 months after that once he had broken into the first team)

The club have an annual wage bill in excess of £20M/season as per their latest accounts, the figures on those sort of sites seem massively under what they would be in reality

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Well, that lineup gives me half an idea what to expect.

Players have to be much more competent on the ball, today. The same lack of forward ambition as at Cardiff won’t be acceptable.

Hope we bring the first 30mins of PNE then the second half of Cardiff to keep us at 2-0 

• Like 2

Think that's the strongest 11 Eustace could put out.

In our situation, think you always play your strongest available 11.  Trying to be clever can be costly 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well weve gone 343... no chance of any of the front three helping out the midfield, but Hedges could tuck in I think.  Will be interesting how it plays out. I dont think we can just launch it and let Norwich have the ball and the midfield all game. Theyre a much better outfit than Stoke.

We have done well against Norwich in recent times when we have pressed from the front, and we certainly have the front three to do that, so long as the midfield do not get overrun 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Jameson and EFL initiative to promote "sip wisely". Yes, of course that's what Jameson wants....

Ads across the EFL and on Sky

"the creative will run across stadium screens, digital boards and video-on-demand across Sky Sports, the EFL and the websites of its 72 members clubs."

“Sip wisely” imo means pour the Jameson down the sink and get a bottle of bush 🥃 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KentExile said:

We have done well against Norwich in recent times when we have pressed from the front, and we certainly have the front three to do that, so long as the midfield do not get overrun 

Yeah, but we have been playing 4231 and flooding the midfield and final third.... I do worry that as the front three will be a bit isolated if we press Norwich will just play round them...

As were 343 ill be a bit surprised if we really press as the formation doesn't  lend itself to it (leaving a third man back means its easier to break) - I expect us to sit deep and counter, though I am sure Dolan, Szmodics and Gallagher will cover a lot of ground anyway.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Hedges down. Hope not too serious 

Oh FFS. I think was very predictable. The guy played 3 games in a week. That was an error and how long will he be out for now? JE must take responsibility of that decision