BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (h) - 24/02/2024

16 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Well, for the time being, I am done paying good money to watch the game on Rovers TV, the way we are playing now  is just not worth watching. I have also cancelled my Viaplay subscription. I do hope for a win and will keep updated by live updates instead.

From my point of view we are back to playing  dull, unambitious, long shots and parking the bus football. Boring and unambitious.

eustace is trying to do his best with what is left of jdt`s squad,there is`nt any point in playing possesion football when your best players are injured or have been sold,give eustace some credit for solidifying what was a sieve like defence and see what he can do next season,though with swag,broughton and venkys on the scene he`ll probably call it quits when they announce selling what remains value playing wise

venkys out

swag out

broughton out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danishfan said:

Well, for the time being, I am done paying good money to watch the game on Rovers TV, the way we are playing now  is just not worth watching. I have also cancelled my Viaplay subscription. I do hope for a win and will keep updated by live updates instead.

From my point of view we are back to playing  dull, unambitious, long shots and parking the bus football. Boring and unambitious.

Unfortunately pretty possession football with the players at JDT’s disposal was only heading one way - down! 

Yes the current approach is less exciting but necessary. 

I hope you are not falling out of love with Rovers now that JDT has gone. Stick with us, we need all the fans we can get. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Danishfan said:

This game isn’t on ESPN+ here in the U.S., either. Rovers haven’t been on the plus since Wrexham cup match. 😕

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

This game isn’t on ESPN+ here in the U.S., either. Rovers haven’t been on the plus since Wrexham cup match. 😕

We shouldn't have pissed on their chips. ESPN won't have liked that, and neither would Hollywood.

Personally, I don't give a fook.

• Like 1

Tough game but Norwich don't have the best away form.

Really hope we can pull something out of the bag here and nick a win. 

Reckon we might take the lead before our old mate Ashley Barnes comes back to haunt us again. Wouldn't be against Faz laying an elbow into him tbf.

• Like 4

I think tomorrow game will be interesting to watch different styles of football. I expect Eustace will set up to similar how we played against Stoke and I expect Dolan, Hedges and Buckley to start. Expect it to be 3-4-2-1 formation. Norwich will have more possession in this game. We need to carry on being solid defending from open play and build on the last 2 performances

I think we will win 2 nil with Dolan and Hyam scoring 

3 hours ago, Old Codger said:

We shouldn't have pissed on their chips. ESPN won't have liked that, and neither would Hollywood.

Personally, I don't give a fook.

The more peoples chips we piss on the better.

• Like 2

Can only hope its more Stoke than Birmingham or Cardiff, which in fairness it could be. Brum set up different at home under Eustace so it will hopefully be the same here. I can live with grinding out draws away and winning at home.

I'm working so won't be going this week, hope they put on a bit of a show for those that are going.

Wouldn't really like to call the score, hopefully a 2-1 home win though.

I'm a bit concerned about Szmodics. He definitely looked injured at Cardiff, wouldn't be surprised if he's out tomorrow.....

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I expect Norwich to score at least 2 which will make it difficult for us to win. A draw would be ok.

I am hoping the way we setup should stop the easy conceding of goals. It seems to have since Eustace arrived. But Norwich will be the first genuinely decent attacking outfit we have met.

Hard to know till the game is played, but I will be very unhappy if we are conservative yet still give away sloppy goals. The number one priority tomorrow is to make it very very hard for the opposition to score.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

On 21/02/2024 at 21:20, chaddyrovers said:

Pears

Hyam McFadzean Wharton

Briitain Buckley Tronstad Hedges 

Dolan Szmodics 

Gallagher 

Most likely, though I can see us playing and extra man in midfield like Chrisene and starting Dolan on the bench.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Most likely, though I can see us playing and extra man in midfield like Chrisene and starting Dolan on the bench.

I think JE will try and overload midfield too, especially with Bucko having only played 30 Mins in 30 months and extra body in there to free him up could be a sensible option. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It would only make sense if we had a third midfielder who was anywhere near good enough.

I disagree with that personally, I think its better to have a mediocre/makeshift 3rd midfielder who can help out Tronstad and Buckley get a grip of the midfield than a 3rd forward who isolated and sees little of the ball as Norwich lock down the centre of the pitch.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I disagree with that personally, I think its better to have a mediocre/makeshift 3rd midfielder who can help out Tronstad and Buckley get a grip of the midfield than a 3rd forward who isolated and sees little of the ball as Norwich lock down the centre of the pitch.

Would be good to see bucko and Garrett play with tronstad. Garret could learn a thing or two from them

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I think JE will try and overload midfield too, especially with Bucko having only played 30 Mins in 30 months and extra body in there to free him up could be a sensible option. 

“ Bucko having only played 30 minutes in 30 months “ ? That can’t be right.

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Would be good to see bucko and Garrett play with tronstad. Garret could learn a thing or two from them

Like Travis I think Garett is much better getting forward than sitting and playing in a three with Buckley doing the sitting helps him do that.

• Like 1

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Like Travis I think Garett is much better getting forward than sitting and playing in a three with Buckley doing the sitting helps him do that.

Yeh I think for the remainder of the season now bucko is available that should be our mf trio then hopefully we get Travis back in the summer and Garrett can be the back up

With Hilton and Eastham both out on loan it seems that 16 year old (17 in March) Nicholas Michalski will be third choice goalkeeper. Whilst I don't particularly rate Hilton it seems a gamble unless there is a recall clause.

• Like 1