BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (h) - 24/02/2024

It was definitely patchier, loads of ST holders around me didn’t trap and it looked like it too from the highlights.

Heading into March with one Saturday home win since October will do that.

Next season’s sales are going to be grim.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It was definitely patchier, loads of ST holders around me didn’t trap and it looked like it too from the highlights.

Especially when prices start from just £475

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ageoftherover said:

Not sure how anyone can be critical of Gallagher after that performance. Had 3 attempts that drew good to great saves from the keeper, none of them gimmies. Clever movement from him for all 3 too, which is something he's been routinely criticised for in the past. Scores at least a brace on many other days.

He's come back from his injury much sharper from what I can see. 

Said at half time, why aren't we putting more balls in the box,they obviously weren't comfortable, especially against Gallagher. 

Lo and behold, a cracking delivery from Pickering and towering header from Hyam and we're level. 

You're spot on about Gallagher, well worthy of man of the match. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

As they should be.

We've sold our crown jewel to keep the lights on ('cos our owners are embroiled in a tax evasion scandal at the moment) and we've publicly embarrassed the club for a third time in 12 months by deliberately sabotaging a transfer through an 'administrative' error on deadline day. 

They're lucky anyone turns up. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Can someone show JDT Hyams goal so he then knows how corners can be taken, they don't have to be short and are usually more effective when not.

Only if you also allow JDT to have more than 2 people that can win a header on the pitch at the same time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M_B said:

Said at half time, why aren't we putting more balls in the box,they obviously weren't comfortable, especially against Gallagher. 

Lo and behold, a cracking delivery from Pickering and towering header from Hyam and we're level. 

You're spot on about Gallagher, well worthy of man of the match. 

I thought Brittain was clearly man of the match - Gallagher failed to convert any of his three chances. 

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I thought Brittain was clearly man of the match - Gallagher failed to convert any of his three chances. 

Really? Brittains ability to take and control a pass into him fron any angle is very impressive. But I dont think he actually managed to create a single shooting opportunity all game despite having the ball in by far the best positions. Gallaghers and our other chances all came from the left and the middle despite there being much less of the ball in advanced positions there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's all about opinions, I was in the JW and first half in particular I thought Brittain was really poor,, he did buck up 2nd half. 

I wouldn't put Gallagher's 3 chances down to missing, more good goalkeeping. Could he really have done any more with the 2 headers? 

• Like 6

• Backroom

Whilst I think Brittain does have decent ability at times, I'm not convinced by his mentality. I don't think he's reliable when the chips are down, and I don't really want those kinds of players in the team. He's not the only one but fairweather players are only ever going to get you so far.  

Is it still a freekick if you're prodding a ball away to no one in the hope of contact? Not for me.

There were plenty of worse decisions from this ref on the day anyway, I thought he was completely useless. Gave whatever the Norwich players asked.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not but the new stadium announcer is absolutely trash. He must have been away a couple of games ago and someone covered for him and although the guy couldn't pronounce the players names correctly he was so much better! 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Madon said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned already or not but the new stadium announcer is absolutely trash. He must have been away a couple of games ago and someone covered for him and although the guy couldn't pronounce the players names correctly he was so much better! 

I must admit, I agree on this.
He sounds a very, very young lad and I'm all for giving people a shot, but he's not cut out for it.

Just doesn't have the voice. Which, for a stadium announcer is like a boxer not having arms or a swimmer being aquaphobic.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, davulsukur said:

And it's only the second goal from a set piece we've scored this season.

I can think of two from Scott Wharton alone in the space of about two weeks - Stoke away and Bristol City at home - off the top of my head. So Jackson's wrong there, not for the first time.

Granted there probably aren't too many others. But I'd be double checking everything if I were him before going to print. Otherwise it suddenly becomes the truth for people who only read the LT....."we never scored off set-pieces under JDT". 

Edited by frosty
  • Like 1