BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (h) - 24/02/2024

1 hour ago, broadsword said:

Win, lose, draw. It all leaves me cold. Looks like I'm not the only one given that there's just thirteen pages here. 

When's the next court hearing? 

Your right, I know quite a few that said they were done after that January window fiasco , I include myself in that but I just can’t walk away as much as it would probably do me good. But it’s hard to be positive when we are trying to swim up against the tide while having an anchor tied to our legs. We may well survive this season but next season looks bleak. We all know we are kicking the can down the road and more problems are ahead 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

We haven’t had a quick team for many seasons. The odd player with a bit of pace but as a collective, so slow and one of the key reasons why we never seem to move forward and won’t until this is properly acknowledged and remedied.

It makes us less flexible in terms of style, that's quite evident now with how we're struggling to relieve pressure. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not a good watch and a fairly drab game, a point is not something we should be settling for at home so happily, wasting time delaying throw ins, and I dont agree with Eustace that it was a very good performance. Though saying that, a point is better than nothing albeit it is 2 points less than basically all of our rivals so not a good day.

I understand if the intention is to solidify and go from there, but we were far from solid today. Norwich had a field day in getting balls in behind in particular McFadzean whose lack of pace really caused us issues today. Sargent wasted numerous chances one on one and we got fortunate. Also, just blindly punting the ball forward is not sustainable, we didnt really carry a threat ourselves, Gallagher went close twice but Dolan and Szmodics were ineffective. The latter is being smothered by these tactics. McFadzean again is guilty of aimless punts more than anyone.

Its early days and there has been minimal training ground time, as he keeps saying contrary to the no excuse culture he keeps banging on about. But we hopefully will try and actually at least play a bit of football amidst the hoofing, and we still have work to do to solidify. McFadzean is a conundrum, reads the game well and excellent when we are deep and backs to the wall, but so slow and limited on the ball.

Pickerings return (replacing Hedges who seems to have been flogged a bit too much) was a big plus. One of few players we have who can do things with one or two touches and fantastic corner.

don't agree on mcfadzean. some of his long passes to the flanks were pinged to perfection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnradfordsubbuteo2 said:

but not cold enought to resist posting. 🤣. only joking Danny Boy. iblove everyone on here.forever.even Chaddy.

Hey no problem, I think people should be free to express how they really feel on here, within the guidelines. It's not good to bottle it up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Your right, I know quite a few that said they were done after that January window fiasco , I include myself in that but I just can’t walk away as much as it would probably do me good. But it’s hard to be positive when we are trying to swim up against the tide while having an anchor tied to our legs. We may well survive this season but next season looks bleak. We all know we are kicking the can down the road and more problems are ahead 

The BBE  seems emptier every game and that's a sure sign pissed off regulars are staying away now.

• Like 2

I thought Buckley was an improvement from Garrett and Moran in the middle. Not Wharton but much better. SG work rate is undeniable, but his touch and lack of anticipation limits his chances to score. Szmodics, Dolan, Siggy are struggling to find a way to play off SG and are much less effective they’re asked to win possession from 50:50s which isn’t their strong suit. 

The biggest change I see is the keeper has been instructed not to fook around with all the passing in our box. Being just a bit less suicidal in December and January and we’d be well clear from relegation. 

I recall at the beginning of the season when there was speculation JDT could leave GB mentioning the style we would like to play being the same under a different manager. Didn’t he say we had a list of managers who would continue the “new project”?  Seems like either by design, lack of transfer funds, change in manager or necessity to stay up we’ve certainly changed the style when JDT was shown the door. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yankfan said:

I thought Buckley was an improvement from Garrett and Moran in the middle. Not Wharton but much better. SG work rate is undeniable, but his touch and lack of anticipation limits his chances to score. Szmodics, Dolan, Siggy are struggling to find a way to play off SG and are much less effective they’re asked to win possession from 50:50s which isn’t their strong suit. 

The biggest change I see is the keeper has been instructed not to fook around with all the passing in our box. Being just a bit less suicidal in December and January and we’d be well clear from relegation. 

I recall at the beginning of the season when there was speculation JDT could leave GB mentioning the style we would like to play being the same under a different manager. Didn’t he say we had a list of managers who would continue the “new project”?  Seems like either by design, lack of transfer funds, change in manager or necessity to stay up we’ve certainly changed the style when JDT was shown the door. 

was shown the door. 

I prefer the term "offloaded"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yankfan said:

Good post. Big interview with Jim Ratcliffe in the paper. Talked about the importance of having a long term Man United club philosophy, a way of playing that should carry on seamlessly over the years, and appointing managers who fit in with that philosophy, and the dangers of constantly changing managers with a different outlook.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Norwich City (h) - 24/02/2024
2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Good post. Big interview with Jim Ratcliffe in the paper. Talked about the importance of having a long term Man United club philosophy, a way of playing that should carry on seamlessly over the years, and appointing managers who fit in with that philosophy, and the dangers of constantly changing managers with a different outlook.

I like the sentiment but I don’t see how you can carry that out beyond saying things like “ we’ll always play attacking football “.  Otherwise they’d still be playing 2-3-5 .

I see my paper has Brighton playing a 4-2-4 system yesterday. Happy Days, the best Roverscteam I ever saw played that system with Ronnie and Dougie as the 2.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Not sure how anyone can be critical of Gallagher after that performance. Had 3 attempts that drew good to great saves from the keeper, none of them gimmies. Clever movement from him for all 3 too, which is something he's been routinely criticised for in the past. Scores at least a brace on many other days.

He's come back from his injury much sharper from what I can see. 

• Like 6

If we’d have sold him for c1million, we’d have replaced him with nobody, maybe some other 20 year old from Brighton’s academy on loan. So every chance our collapse down the table would be even more severe.

The lad is a solid Championship striker, and let’s be honest, as limited as he is when he does go he won’t be replaced with anything as good.

• Like 3