BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (h) - 24/02/2024

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

3 points in the last 3 is not good enough anymore sadly, we need to get some wins and soon

Tough to see where they are coming from. One thing is for sure, they need to be soon as you say because our run in looks catastrophic.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

Gally gets the MoM, deserved

Big shift from him. Can’t really blame him for his technical shortcomings anymore, that’s baked into his match ratings, but he was everywhere and competing for everything.

The effort in the second half was encouraging but we didn’t look like doing much from open play, so the goal coming from a set piece was the exact thing we needed and it did come.

I said earlier, this will be a poor watch for the end of the season and Tuesday especially - with this shape - we might get steamrollered. Newcastle can break a team down, we will struggle to create anything in open play.

Look, clearly we need to stay outside of the relegation dogfight and the way that happens is by picking up points. Today is another point, but if we are still struggling to create by the time we get to the final weeks, we might be looking at a very low return for our efforts. Something profound needs to be happening at training to improve the work in the final third. Corner kicks return a goal at a 2-4% average. We can’t win 25 corners a match… can we?

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 1

If the other results hadn't gone the way they did, that's a good point.

We were poor the last 15 when I thought we'd started to get a foothold, but I'm impressed with how we are fighting and getting stuck in, disrupting play, we're also talking more on the pitch.

A point not ideal but but against an in-form Norwich side I'll take that, however, we had our chances, and on another day we win that 3-1. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Another result to add to the rest where we go behind and can't come back to win. 

Finding it difficult to be thankful for a point at home to Norwich, who we handily dispatched at Carrow Road only a few months ago. How the tables have turned. They've gone from strength to strength whilst we've transformed into one of the worst teams in the league. 

Can't wait for the season to be over, regardless of the outcome. 

• Like 6

There was some battling in that second half but as someone else said, a good result in isolation but we needed all 3 points to stay out of the relegation scrap.

Every match we get a point closer to the relegation zone.

Thanks Venkys and Waggott.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Another result to add to the rest where we go behind and can't come back to win. 

Finding it difficult to be thankful for a point at home to Norwich, who we handily dispatched at Carrow Road only a few months ago. How the tables have turned. They've gone from strength to strength whilst we've transformed into one of the worst teams in the league. 

Me neither but remember though how poor Norwich were in that game? Their fans wanted Wagner out afterward, a game too far for many of them. We just need patience, get this faltering squad playing together in some form, whatever it takes. Not going to happen overnight. 

• Like 1

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

I already stopped listening to Eusless reading his scripted pressers. Big con job.

its all so predictable.

id love it if he mentioned the bus and travelling back from cardiff late tues night but its highly unlikely

1 minute ago, Groundhog said:

If the other results hadn't gone the way they did, that's a good point.

We were poor the last 15 when I thought we'd started to get a foothold, but I'm impressed with how we are fighting and getting stuck in, disrupting play, we're also talking more on the pitch.

A point not ideal but but against an in-form Norwich side I'll take that, however, we had our chances, and on another day we win that 3-1. 

Yeah after Buckley went off we really struggled. Hes going to be a critical player for us.

Overall decent point and decent performance. Thought most played pretty well without the ball. Lots of graft, good defensive shape, physically competed. With the ball it was only really Buckley and Pickering who passed it well. Even Tronstad - usually so reliable - seemed to struggle with simple through balls. Brittain got the ball in so many good positions but just couldn't find his team mates.

I know Im a bit of a broken record but it did really feel like the game was crying out for a third mid to help join up the team. Honestly if wed had one then been able to bring on Dolan for the last 30 up front it would have worked better imo. As it was we had the front three pressing well but very little opportunity to actually get on the ball as little service... Dolan did drop deeper second half to help out the mids but he isnt the sort of player you want in the centre circle...

Also shout out whoever had managed to improve our corners. First time I think I could describe them as "good" in a very very long time.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

To be honest being able to come back and draw is a huge improvement from where we were.... Under JDT no way back after that free kick.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

5 teams below us won today.

2 points dropped.

No idea how they gave Gally MOM. His job is to score and he missed 4 sitters.

Pears by a country mile. Saved about 4 goals and got us a point.

yep. agreed.

we are more compact defensively and play more with long balls but gally is not the man for that,

very different to JDT style. are we now grinding out results?

3 points out of a possible 12 and 1 clean sheet.

Pears did well today but his position for their goal was questionable. despite that he recovered well, pears from last season could have let that affect his confidence. he should have got motm though

we arent passing it around the back which is fine, but we arent making the most of sammie

hope we can get him more in the game. the newcastle game has come at the wrong time but hopefully it shines more attention on the owners than anything

Can’t help but feel the pendulum has swung too far in the conservative direction since JDT left. Lots of balls hoofed forward in the direction of the front three. Midfield playing negative. 

if this is our style for next year we should sell Sammy in the summer. The style doesn’t suit him and his value will drop the longer he plays in it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Can’t help but feel the pendulum has swung too far in the conservative direction since JDT left. Lots of balls hoofed forward in the direction of the front three. Midfield playing negative. 

if this is our style for next year we should sell Sammy in the summer. The style doesn’t suit him and his value will drop the longer he plays in it. 

It’s basically insane to suggest selling your only real goal threat, but I found myself thinking the same thing, for the same reason at half time.

• Like 3