BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (h) - 24/02/2024

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

With Hilton and Eastham both out on loan it seems that 16 year old (17 in March) Nicholas Michalski will be third choice goalkeeper. Whilst I don't particularly rate Hilton it seems a gamble unless there is a recall clause.

I am sure that I read somewhere that there is a recall clause for Hilton.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am sure that I read somewhere that there is a recall clause for Hilton.

My worry is if Pears or Wahlsted are either ill or get injured in the warm up.

13 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Can only hope its more Stoke than Birmingham or Cardiff, which in fairness it could be. Brum set up different at home under Eustace so it will hopefully be the same here. I can live with grinding out draws away and winning at home.

I'm working so won't be going this week, hope they put on a bit of a show for those that are going.

Wouldn't really like to call the score, hopefully a 2-1 home win though.

I'm a bit concerned about Szmodics. He definitely looked injured at Cardiff, wouldn't be surprised if he's out tomorrow.....

What were you saying about being concerned about Sammie...

This is what rovers just posted on their Instagram..with no context 

Bizarre

Screenshot_2024-02-24-12-56-26-37_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Happy game day, all ...

We'll be no doubt giving Palace's new manager a dream start in his first full game in charge, whilst I'm sure you're all looking forward to welcoming Ashley Barnes back to the area, with a traditionally warm East Lancashire welcome !!

Knowing his history, but he is a goal scorer and potent as well as being free.. how many fans would have been happy if we snapped up Barnes in the summer instead of Ennis and telalovic ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Happy game day, all ...

We'll be no doubt giving Palace's new manager a dream start in his first full game in charge, whilst I'm sure you're all looking forward to welcoming Ashley Barnes back to the area, with a traditionally warm East Lancashire welcome !!

Was trying to snag a ticket to Palace to watch Adam Wharton put a display on against your lot. Will have an eye on it, it’d be a good time for him to get his first Premier League goal!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Relates to this

Jameson and EFL initiative to promote "sip wisely". Yes, of course that's what Jameson wants....

Ads across the EFL and on Sky

"the creative will run across stadium screens, digital boards and video-on-demand across Sky Sports, the EFL and the websites of its 72 members clubs."

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

What were you saying about being concerned about Sammie...

This is what rovers just posted on their Instagram..with no context 

Bizarre

Screenshot_2024-02-24-12-56-26-37_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Who ripped the banner it’s supposed to say pass and move to a club with ambition 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Knowing his history, but he is a goal scorer and potent as well as being free.. how many fans would have been happy if we snapped up Barnes in the summer instead of Ennis and telalovic ?

Given he referred to your storied Club as " The Bastards ", live on Sky TV after the 3-0 game at Turf Moor in November 2022 ( fined £7,500 ), I very much doubt his signing would have been greeted with him being carried shoulder high into Brockhall, to a chorus of " For he's jolly good fellow " ..... 

Edited by sympatheticclaret
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Given he referred to your Club as " The Bastards ", live on Sky TV after the 3-0 game at Turf Moor in November 2022 ( fined £7,500 ), I very much doubt his signing would have been greeted with him being carried shoulder high into Brockhall, to a chorus of " For he's jolly good fellow " ..... 

well let’s hope he’s being carried to the dressing room before half time on a stretcher

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Given he referred to your Club as " The Bastards ", live on Sky TV after the 3-0 game at Turf Moor in November 2022 ( fined £7,500 ), I very much doubt his signing would have been greeted with him being carried shoulder high into Brockhall, to a chorus of " For he's jolly good fellow " ..... 

Not sure about that, we footy fans are very fickle.

There are some who would have welcomed (the Dingle twat) with open arms. Me for one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not sure about that, we footy fans are very fickle.

There are some who would have welcomed (the Dingle twat) with open arms. Me for one.

Ennis and telalovic with zero goals

Barnes would have been a challenge to accept but would he also have scored zero goals?

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Ennis and telalovic with zero goals

Barnes would have been a challenge to accept but would he also have scored zero goals?

Based on him getting 4 at Norwich, who are having a much better season than we are, I would guess at him, getting somewhere between 0 and 4 goals, which would seem like less than we would want for someone being paid somewhere between £20K-£30K/week

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ashley-barnes/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/63200/wettbewerb/GB2/saison/2023

• Like 1

Just now, KentExile said:

Based on him getting 4 at Norwich, who are having a much better season than we are, I would guess at him, getting somewhere between 0 and 4 goals, which would seem like less than we would want for someone being paid somewhere between £20K-£30K/week

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ashley-barnes/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/63200/wettbewerb/GB2/saison/2023

30k per week is crazy. 

Who is our highest earner?

3 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

30k per week is crazy. 

Who is our highest earner?

Probably Gally, possibly Szmodics, both will be on somewhere between £15K and £20K/week

Norwich in their last season of parachute payments, so can offer much higher wages

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1