BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Super Sammie Szmodics is easily in the 50 greatest Rovers players of all time going back 3 centuries. Yes Tugay & Alan Shearer did it at the top level but they were surrounded by good or great players. Sammie had to do it in a poor team ,pulling them all up by his own bootstraps. 

As poor as Brittain & Pears have been this season at least they turned up today.

Markanday & Hyam need releasing on frees.

JE at least kept us up,Ive no confidence JDT would have done with "non-defending"..

So the "bad to watch"football with clean sheets can work....good work Daz/Persil Eustace !!

• Like 3

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Eight of the bottom nine 

That's ridiculous. Really does suggest there were a lot of teams in the middle of the table on the proverbial beach, cheating their fans out of a proper performance on the final day of the season. Not that I care right now. 

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Not a chance Travis stays at Ipswich, and he doesn’t get ahead of Tronstad -  He won’t want to be on the bench so I would cash in on him.

We need strength beyond the starting eleven so I’d keep him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

The below stats show he's done a great job

This season

Win/draw/loss
JDT 10/3/17
JE 4/8/5

goals conceded per game
JDT 1.9
JE 1.1

goals scored per game 
JDT 1.45
JE 1.05

He took a team that had the worst form and defence in the league, only lost 5 of his 17 games, plugged the leaky defence and made us hard to beat, had bristol not put 5 past us we'd have conceded less than a goal a game under Eustace. He's done his job in keeping us up so he now deserves full backing from fans and the board to kick on with a clean slate next season. It hasn't been pretty, but pretty football was sending us down to league one.

Agree completely. 

It's been a grind, but any coach who can get 6 clean sheets in 17 out of our team deserves the chance for a fresh start next season. 

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

All that may be different under Eustace though

Do you unseat Hyam? Do you not promote Sammie (if he stays)? Do you drop Tronstad? Do you drop JRC?

8 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Super Sammie Szmodics is easily in the 50 greatest Rovers players of all time going back 3 centuries. Yes Tugay & Alan Shearer did it at the top level but they were surrounded by good or great players. Sammie had to do it in a poor team ,pulling them all up by his own bootstraps. 

As poor as Brittain & Pears have been this season at least they turned up today.

JE at least kept us up,Ive no confidence JDT would have done with "non-defending"..

So the "bad to watch"football with clean sheets can work....good work Daz/Persil Eustace !!

Why would we release Markanday and Hyam on frees ?

I'm glad it's all over. I'm also glad that Leicester didn't need anything from the game. 

Szmodics scored 27 of Rovers 60 league goals. Talk about a 1 man team. 

Whether he stays or goes, it's imperative that Rovers strengthen at the back. Only relegated Huddersfield and Rotherham conceded more. A decent keeper is paramount. 

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Correct but Travis won’t accept being 2nd choice.

Well he’ll have to improve then…

You’re probably right that he’ll want to move on but I’d prefer him to want to stay and fight for a place in the team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

More chance Ipswich will think they can buy better now don’t you think? 🤔

Of course, as I said, he has barely had a kick. Pretty certain they won’t be signing a loan player, who warmed the bench for most of the time he was with them, on a permanent.

Think it’s best for all parties if he does go, his direct employer were in a relegation battle while he was doing so and he’s now celebrating Ipswich’s promotion, hoisted on the shoulders of their supporters. Not really captain material, for me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, M_B said:

Agree completely. 

It's been a grind, but any coach who can get 6 clean sheets in 17 out of our team deserves the chance for a fresh start next season. 

To get this set of players up to a win 1-0 away at Leeds and 2-0 away at Leicester ? Nah, let’s  sack him and play football managers Russian Roulette again.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a 16 a side game now not 11 a side. Not having adequate subs to bring on has got us on the brink of relegation.

You’re not getting my point! Lewis Travis will not accept being 2nd choice behind Tronstad - He’d be a great addition but he’ll be onto his agent this summer asking for a move.

Tronstad starts the majority of the season.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

To get this set of player up to win 1-0 away at Leeds and 2-0 away at Leicester ? Nah, let’s  sack him and play managers Russian Roulette again.

He needs to be able to get them up for home games against ‘lesser’ teams too.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Everybody turned up today, even the lads on loan. I’m just thrilled for the fans who’ve followed Rovers away through thick and thin. They deserved that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

You’re not getting my point! Lewis Travis will not accept being 2nd choice behind Tronstad - He’d be a great addition but he’ll be onto his agent this summer asking for a move.

Tronstad starts the majority of the season.

I’d hope he’d at least have a chat with JE first.

42 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Love the down votes you're getting. 

Every other post laments that we have a shockingly poor squad and yet the same fans expect us to get after teams.

Eustace has come in and done a job. Let's see if the taps are turned on again in the summer. 

Taps turned on again? It’s been a drip since the day they arrived! We are an offset for their business owners. Get some owners in that have an interest and care about the club please, then we can look up. Eustace has come in and has been fortunate that other clubs have slipped up, otherwise we would have been sunk.

• Like 2