BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Hyam (currently iffy), McFadzean (currently old), Wharton (currently injured), Carter and O’Riordan. We need at least one for next year, if we’re planning to play a back 3.

I’m prepared to be patient with Hyam, I’m not 100% sure he wasn’t carrying the after effects of that injury he had. However if we were to sell him I’d love to see Hill back. He’s hardly played since he went back to Bournemouth. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Hyam (currently iffy), McFadzean (currently old), Wharton (currently injured), Carter and O’Riordan. We need at least one for next year, if we’re planning to play a back 3.

Switch Pickering to centre back and bring in a pacy left wing back?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The overall squad this season is far inferior to last season. Hence we didnt improve.

We may improve the squad in the summer, we may not, if Szmodics goes we may get worse. Its an unknown.

Far inferior seems a bit of a stretch? Lost BBD and Kaminaki and gained Tronstad and Wahlstead. Loans roughly the same quality for me. Thats about it? Lost Wharton half way through the season, but then he was only used about half of last season?

Kaminski was a massive loss, and a good keeper is so crucial, but apart from that I dont think there has been a massive change in quality since last year. Since BBD went Szmodics has more than filled his void as the goals tally show.

The difference for me has not been the squad quality, its been the escalating madness off the field leading to JDT leaving and the general confusion and demotivation round the squad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Far inferior seems a bit of a stretch? Lost BBD and Kaminaki and gained Tronstad and Wahlstead. Loans roughly the same quality for me. Thats about it? Lost Wharton half way through the season, but then he was only used about half of last season?

Kaminski was a massive loss, and a good keeper is so crucial, but apart from that I dont think there has been a massive change in quality since last year. Since BBD went Szmodics has more than filled his void as the goals tally show.

The difference for me has not been the squad quality, its been the escalating madness off the field leading to JDT leaving and the general confusion and demotivation round the squad.

And injuries.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Travis must be exactly the sort of player Eustace rates. I imagine he will be keen to bring him back in.

Can see Trav going unless we get a decent offer.

I presume that should read - Can’t see Trav going unless we get a decent offer ? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Polky said:

image.thumb.jpeg.93d6b5b7bb00fb819e90012fa03ad5a4.jpeg

This is what success looks like in 2024 Blackburn Rovers. A group of players who've cried  about the fans, celebrating like we've won something,  because our 3rd win in 18 stopped us dropping into the third tier.

Please we've stayed up obviously,  it was a cracking result and the fans should be having a few, I know I have out of relief. Only Sammie should be on the ale the rest should be sloping off and taking a hard look.in the mirror and not just at each others abs.

• Like 10
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, danger19_80 said:

Branthwaite looked miles off it at Rovers and yet is on the verge of an England call-up now. Sometimes loan players work out, sometimes they don't for different reasons including age. Too early to write off the likes of Moran.

Moran's attitude was shocking.

After a bright beginning at Rovers, a run of starts in the first team seemed to knock the stuffing out of him. He hides from the ball and shirks his responsibilities now any time he's brought on. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

In terms of transfers in and out I would say so. Kaminski was as you say a big player and the downgrade was giant. Brereton was also a huge loss and again Sigurdsson a huge downgrade. Them 2 changes are the main 2 where you see a massive downgrade if you lose 2 players like that. Beyond that, the differences aren't as stark. Tronstad is the one signing who has been good. We did though lose Travis for half a season. The Wharton situation is a bit murkier in that we only had him for half a season but he didnt play much last season. All of our other signings at best had a decent month or two. We also lost Ayala who did actually play quite a lot last season and Dack again had a month or two but he did score some goals in that time. So its mainly just losing Kaminski and Brereton. 

Thats before you compare differences in players here both seasons. Szmodics a different player, Hedges constantly injured, Gallagher often injured and not as effective, JRC likewise etc.

Posted (edited)

Buegzorg at Hudds with Matos...expiring contracts..Koroma and also one of Rotherham keepers would do preferably Johansson. Helik good defender too relegated.

Edited by neophox

Posted (edited)

Delighted with the win and never been so happy to lose £20. My losing acca streak continues just as I thought it would thank goodness.

Also, let's stop with the Hyam/DM abuse about being ill. We've no idea what's gone on there, do you really wanna play a player who could be at deaths door, weak, off the pace and spewing/shits in a relegation decider?

However I do find the ott celebrations a bit embarrassing. Is that what we've become? Going mental about avoiding a drop into the 3rd tier?

I'm not a huge international football fan, but I'm really looking forward to the Euros. Not having to think about the Rovers for 3 months and an opportunity to watch football stress free!

P.s what with the Forest and Dingle results, turned into quite the day! See you next year so to speak!

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Moran's attitude was shocking.

After a bright beginning at Rovers, a run of starts in the first team seemed to knock the stuffing out of him. He hides from the ball and shirks his responsibilities now any time he's brought on. 

God I forgot we still had him. Agreed. Started off well and declined rapidly.

19 minutes ago, neophox said:

Think Eustace will raid his old club 

James contract to 2025

Drameh expiring contract 

Dembele contract to 2026

Oooh good call. 

Would we take any of their relegation squad? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Switch Pickering to centre back and bring in a pacy left wing back?

He’s 5’8”, when expected to play at CB he’ll be targeted aerially, as he currently is, but with more exposure.

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m prepared to be patient with Hyam, I’m not 100% sure he wasn’t carrying the after effects of that injury he had. However if we were to sell him I’d love to see Hill back. He’s hardly played since he went back to Bournemouth. 

Think he’s had some shockers this year, but he’s had a lot going on, I think someone has mentioned personal issues, off-field. I don’t think he’s someone we should be getting rid of, but he has ti hit the ground running and improve back to last season’s level, early doors.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I hope the owners will provide Eustace with support this summer because I think he has the makings of a decent manager who seems suited to a club like Rovers. 

Hmmmmmm 🤔 dont get your hopes up too high Parsonblue.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

The biggest difference unfortunately has been our goalkeepers, especially Leo. I hate to single out a player - but his errors combined with the uncertainty it caused in the defence started a demise that led to us only just avoiding relegation.

• Like 1