BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

Let's be honest here, the soft lads will bottle this one so we have to hope other results go in our favour.

Also give a fond farewell to Super Sammie Szmodics before he's sold off to the first and lowest bidder. He has been the only player this season that can come out with his dignity intact.

Edited by Upside Down

Hard to see past a home win, even taking our unlikely win at Leeds into account.

Eustace's seemingly only tactic is 'hold on for life and hope for the best', which won't hold up for 90 minutes against the best team in the league.

We are relying on other teams to keep us in the division.

We will have to hope that Leicester don't turn up with their shooting boots, because we won't bother attacking them. The comments of "hitting the target of 50 points" after the draw yesterday shows that. We will likely concede a bucketful and if Lady Luck is on our side then we will stay up because of another result, rather than our own (please let it be Big Club).

Leicester 4-0 Rovers

• Upside Down changed the title to v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

There is no way Leicester will throw this game,never.

Narrow defeat for Rovers but we stay up by the skin of our Teeth.Ridiculous that we find ourselves in this situation but thanks all the same you Venky two Hats.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

We will lose, probably by a margin of at least 3 goals.

We will finish in 20th position due to our being surrounded by crap which is also what we are.

Eustace will be lauded for saving us, even by some on here. 

I will spend the summer watching cricket.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I’m barely even considering this game a possibility; attention is elsewhere and hopefully enough chances there for one of them to end kindly for us 

Still if we have anything about us, a draw guarantees safety

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m barely even considering this game a possibility; attention is elsewhere and hopefully enough chances there for one of them to end kindly for us 

Still if we have anything about us, a draw guarantees safety

Unfortunately we have nothing about us.

• Like 1

It is very difficult getting points in professional football. As we and other teams low down keep demonstrating. I have believed all along that we will stay up, but only because the other teams simply cannot accrue enough points to save themselves.

It's been a thoroughly depressing season. I foolishly had high hopes for us this year. 

I don't think we'll go, that requires us to lose and Wednesday to get at least a point (both very likely) combined with both Plymouth and Birmingham winning - (not on the face of it particularly likely).

That shouldn't be seen as a badge of honour though, by god we've been utterly unconvincing under 2 different coaches and there needs to be a massive improvement next season whichever division we're in. At least if we never see Sam Gallagher again after Saturday it will be a reason to raise a glass in celebration I suppose.

P.S. If anyone wants to hedge against the crushing disappointment of the worst case scenario unfolding, we're 18/1 to go down with Sky Bet.

• Like 1

I can't see us getting anything here, so we are relying on other results to bail us out. 

I'm out for the day for a mates birthday, so should the worst happen, at least I can drink myself into oblivion.

I still can't shake the feeling that we are going into league one.

We will stay up can’t see Birmingham or Plymouth both winning 

Sammy will score and Sam Gallagher will provide assist of the season 

then Ty Dolan will go one on one with there keeper last second and double the lead 

Leicester 0 rovers 2 

• Like 1

I've said we will stay up by the skin of our teeth ever since we got dragged into this mess, and that's just because other sides will do our job for us.

Leicester 2 Rovers 0

Sunderland 0 Sheff Wed 2

Plymouth 0 Hull 2

Birmingham 1 Norwich 1

Stay up by 2 points, and a big thank you owed to our previous manager for working miracles with this bunch until December.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

It is very difficult getting points in professional football. As we and other teams low down keep demonstrating. I have believed all along that we will stay up, but only because the other teams simply cannot accrue enough points to save themselves.

It's been a thoroughly depressing season. I foolishly had high hopes for us this year. 

Those hopes were realistic going into December 2023.

At 1st December we sat in 7th position, P 18 W9 D 1 L8, GD +3, on 28 points.

The proverbial then hit the fan, a manager discontented, players acting like small children led by Wharton Snr and a club becoming more dysfunctional by the day.

22 points earned in 27 games since the above stats.

The players who downed tools under JDT have not picked them up again, Sammie excluded and some others but my finger points directly at Wharton, Brittain and Hyam.

Something is rotten in the state of Ewood and the stench emanates from Pune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't think we'll go, that requires us to lose and Wednesday to get at least a point (both very likely) combined with both Plymouth and Birmingham winning - (not on the face of it particularly likely).

That shouldn't be seen as a badge of honour though, by god we've been utterly unconvincing under 2 different coaches and there needs to be a massive improvement next season whichever division we're in. At least if we never see Sam Gallagher again after Saturday it will be a reason to raise a glass in celebration I suppose.

P.S. If anyone wants to hedge against the crushing disappointment of the worst case scenario unfolding, we're 18/1 to go down with Sky Bet.

If its another expected summer of Venkys cutbacks then I doubt there will be any improvement either in general or up front.

I think Wednesday get a result at Sunderland and Birmingham will beat a half hearted Norwich. I expect Birmingham to go ahead and hold on.

So it will come down to Plymouth not beating Hull....

• Like 3

Hull will win, they are streets ahead of Plymouth.

Norwich will win, they are better than Small Heath.

I want SW to lose. Some of their fans online are banjo players. I think they'll draw.

We will lose but stay safe for yet another season of managed decline in the Championship.

Project "Inflict Excruciating Pain" will ramp up a notch.

I don't usually do predictions so I'll revisit this post match.

• Like 1