BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

I know it's a 46 game season and you could argue the 5-1 victory vs Sunderland as much as this...but...if we had only lost to Bristol City by 1 goal rather than 5-0, then Birmingham would have needed a 5 goal swing against us this weekend. We could lose to Leicester by 2 and Birmingham would have to win by 3 vs Norwich.

That match really does hang like a black cloud now!

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I haven't done anything as stupid as that. The inevitability of something as serious as this is that it would incite trouble.

Ok.  Loads of Everton did it on the last day at our place the season we won the prem.  It was fine.  But I take your point.  I'm not here for a row.  Leics fans are in good spirits and aren't looking for trouble.  We mingled and drank with Preston fans last night no bother.  Quite a few Leicester in Preston stands too.  Anyway....didn't mean to upset you. 

33 minutes ago, leicvisitor said:

Leicester fan here in peace.  Just a heads up to Blackburn fans....Leicester could have sold out king power twice over for this one.  Still hundreds of city fans after a ticket (just check our forum).  I'm sure many would gladly pay over the odds if any Blackburn fans fancy making a few quid and selling their ticket...they won't mind being in the Blackburn end  Likely to be loads around the ground with no ticket on match day. Or contact people who are asking on our forum

There would bound to be an inquiry into how Leicester fans managed to get into the Rovers (never Blackburn) end that would likely get the club into trouble and then there's the potential for trouble when those Leicester fans are indentified among the Rovers supporters - it's inevitable. It's a non-starter I'm afraid. Congrats on promotion by the way but hope the result is the same as the FA Cup tie on your middin last season when we quite frankly took your lot apart 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, leicvisitor said:

Leicester fan here in peace.  Just a heads up to Blackburn fans....Leicester could have sold out king power twice over for this one.  Still hundreds of city fans after a ticket (just check our forum).  I'm sure many would gladly pay over the odds if any Blackburn fans fancy making a few quid and selling their ticket...they won't mind being in the Blackburn end  Likely to be loads around the ground with no ticket on match day. Or contact people who are asking on our forum

You do realise this is a team that might be relegated on the day ?

How do you think visiting fans might react to home fans in their section celebrating ?

• Like 2

Rovers fans sold their tickets to City fans when they won promotion with their last game of the season at Ewood. It created a very nasty situation throughout the ground. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Rovers fans sold their tickets to City fans when they won promotion with their last game of the season at Ewood. It created a very nasty situation throughout the ground. 

A few did but also the club did via ticketmaster etc then pretended  they didn't know why whole sections of seats in the corner of the JW and Riverside that had been empty all season were suddenly full.

Fans took all the blame though of course.

Edited by tomphil

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A few did but also the club did via ticketmaster etc then pretended  they didn't know why whole sections of seats in the corner of the JW and Riverside that had been empty all season were suddenly full.

Both me and my son were offered upwards of £70 for our season tickets by the Empire. When we got in the Blackburn End we were surrounded by City fans sitting in seats normally taken by season ticket holders. Ticketmaster wasn’t involved with those. I can’t speak on other sections of the ground. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Both me and my son were offered upwards of £70 for our season tickets by the Empire. When we got in the Blackburn End we were surrounded by City fans sitting in seats normally taken by season ticket holders. Ticketmaster wasn’t involved with those. I can’t speak on other sections of the ground. 

There was non where we were for the majority of the game then when home fans began leaving in their droves city fans were piling in from outside in their droves.

They piled on the pitch from all corners at the end because they'd be arriving whilst the game was on and waiting for the gates to open.

Either way it was a mess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Torgeir said:

I am not convinced by Hull. Norwich I hope will do their part to ensure their spot and try and avoid sixth.

I trust Liam Rosenior to make a fight of it more than David Wagner.

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Did ticketmaster even selling football tickets, let alone Rovers tickets, in 2000 when City came to town? I’m not even sure we were selling online back then. That may even have been in Rovers pre-Grooby web days.

Certainly for the Worthy cup final in 2002 I had to go down and buy tickets from the ground or over the phone.

26 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

You obviously got the poor City fans then   - I can’t  exactly remember exactly what I got offered for mine but it was in the hundreds.

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

would have been absolute anarchy if we had still been winning with 10 minutes to go!!!! i was ready to leg it,was one of the very few times im`e glad we lost😕

10 hours ago, M_B said:

We've lost 5 in 16 in a relegation battle is what I'm on about. 

How many wins though.

We've drawn games that we should have won easily. The guy is shit and over the course of a full season we'll be easily relegated.

We certainly didn't "tighten up at the back" against Bristol City or Wednesday.

• Like 2

We have to go out in a blaze of something approaching glory, or risk the unpalatable consequences. From such a promising start to the season, we have conspired to engineer a catastrophe where there should have been celebration. Even if we do avoid the drop, it will be a pyrrhic victory, and we will have to endure a wholly uncertain summer on the back of the Indian goon's inability to sort out their domestic affairs.

I'm not one to rain on Leicester's parade - their form this season has been brilliant, whilst ours has been at best patchy, and at worst appalling. Who knows, it is a funny old game, and Leicester will have cause for celebration whatever the result on the day. I'd like it if we could achieve safety at our own hand, but can't say I would be surprised if it is taken out of our hands by the quality of our opposition and the general upswing of fortune of those other clubs looking over their shoulder.

At least we can't complain it has been a boring season 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

How many wins though.

We've drawn games that we should have won easily. The guy is shit and over the course of a full season we'll be easily relegated.

Ye cannae make a silk purse, from a wee coo's ear.

Alchemy is a myth.

The Magic Circle is full of charlatans pulling the wool over peoples' eyes.

We are bottom feeders, managed by a bottom dweller. End of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Did ticketmaster even selling football tickets, let alone Rovers tickets, in 2000 when City came to town? I’m not even sure we were selling online back then. That may even have been in Rovers pre-Grooby web days.

Certainly for the Worthy cup final in 2002 I had to go down and buy tickets from the ground or over the phone.

Not sure how else whole blocks of like hundreds together in the outer wings of the riverside and JW upper/lower fell entirely into the hands of City fans.

Odd ones dotted all over the place had obviously got their hands on tickets from locals selling them but those areas no chance, they'd been empty all season.

It was dodgy beyond just a few fans grabbing a bit of money back.

44 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

How many wins though.

Spot on. Both horrendous games and at crucial times. If we go down by goal difference those games should be scrutinized 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Lancashire telegraph. 

He basically wants to get to 100 points. They aren't sitting back

Thanks. Not a surprise then, I posted something exactly along those lines sometime earlier. They will want a party. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Lancashire telegraph. 

He basically wants to get to 100 points. They aren't sitting back

They were still on the piss at lunchtime today according to some reports so hopefully they'll be hungover come Saturday

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 1

If we go down via goal difference I won't be assed to scrutinise individual matches, that clearly isn't the issue; the same as us missing out by GD last season wasn't.

We shouldn't be anywhere near this sorry mess. After finishing just outside the playoffs the last two seasons other clubs would be looking to kick on and their supporter base would be filling the ground out most seasons, but inevitably we conspired to f*CK the whole thing up in a way only the Rao family seem to know how.

Mark my words; if we go down on Saturday, which sadly I think we will, don't expect us to be back at Championship level any time soon. We got lucky with the make up of League 1 last time we were in it and we had a manager (as much as I wasn't his biggest fan) who had been there, seen it and done it. We now have one who is honestly abysmal and the club is in a much worse state now then the last time we had to put up with this crap.

• Like 3