BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

5 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I think Preston will get at least a point tonight meaning Leicester will need something on the final day to win the title. Even if they don't, we're not getting anything there so I don't think it matters. We're totally reliant on one of the teams below us not winning. It's therefore not in our hands on the final day in reality.

I'll personally be keeping a very close eye on the Plymouth game as I think that's the key one. 

At the moment,the Nobbers are lucky to get nil. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I don't believe for a second Leicester will be taking it easy against us. We need some luck like we had against Leeds away, but our best hope is that the three teams below us on the table don't do their part.

We should give them two options.

Accept a draw and enjoy your lap of honour 

Go for the win and spend it on crutches 

🤔🤨

• Like 4

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

We should give them two options.

Accept a draw and enjoy your lap of honour 

Go for the win and spend it on crutches 

🤔🤨

They have the chance of getting to 100 points. No downside and they can play as freely as they would like without any real pressure. I think we have to stick with the same side, maybe give Ayari a start for JRC if we want a better ball-carrier in the middle of the park. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

They have the chance of getting to 100 points. No downside and they can play as freely as they would like without any real pressure. I think we have to stick with the same side, maybe give Ayari a start for JRC if we want a better ball-carrier in the middle of the park. 

Agreed on the no pressure bit. They will probably play their best football of the season against us.

• Like 3

Wing and prayer on Saturday:

Pears (hopefully for the last time)

Carter.   Fadz.   Hyam

Brittain.      Tronstad.        Chrisene

Ayari.               Jrc

Dolan.   Szmodics

Subs: Walhsted, o'riorden, Pickering, Duru, garrett, Buckley,  moran, markanday, Gallagher 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Agreed 

We just have to play ball but sensibly. Can the players just ignore the coach??

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

5 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

All games on Saturday 12.30 KO. 

Anybody know why? 

Usual practice for last round of games. All played same time to stop result fixing. Also done before PL games so they have time to show a few on TV

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

All games on Saturday 12.30 KO. 

Anybody know why? 

Just the usual thing for the last game of the season. Everyone has to kick off at the same time and Sky want them on at lunchtime so they can broadcast them all. 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

How many have Plymouth and Birmingham won though?

Oh I think we'll stay up as I think Plymouth will lose. I just don't think we'll get anything against Leicester, even though they've battered Preston and now won the league, so we're relying on other results to keep us up on the final day which is not a nice position to be in. Let's hope Leicester have a few late nights this week!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Oh I think we'll stay up as I think Plymouth will lose. I just don't think we'll get anything against Leicester, even though they've battered Preston and now won the league, so we're relying on other results to keep us up on the final day which is not a nice position to be in. Let's hope Leicester have a few late nights this week!

They’ll be on the piss all week now. They’ll be seeing double on Saturday.

The party has started.

If you do a Google search for Leicester City you get a nice firework display.

Vardy is our only hope and can be relied upon to keep the party running.

BUT, Maresca is no fool, he'll have them sober by KO but a pissed up Leicester are more than a match for our soft lads

• Like 2

• Backroom

A couple of weeks back it looked like they’d bottled it and would need a win to go up potentially.

So yes they may fancy 100 points but it’s much better than them playing for something material 

• Like 2

Vardy scored his first league goal for Leicester against Rovers.

He's 37 so it's possible he scores his final league goal for Leicester against Rovers.

But, he's still got more pace than our lot combined so I wouldn't bet against him featuring in the PL next season, and scoring goals.

He may well be a plank but what a career he's had since rejection as a youngster by Sheff Wed, the home town club he also supported.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Vardy really does have the personality of a 5 year old hopped up on Sunny D doesn't he? What a clown. 

Aye but we'd cream ourselves to have a striker of half his calibre in our team next season, wouldn't we? It is likely to be slim pickings instead, as the Venky Babu ShitShow continues to roll it's stinky filth over the good name of Blackburn Rovers for yet another season of the bonfire of the vanities.

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Wing and prayer on Saturday:

Pears (hopefully for the last time)

Carter.   Fadz.   Hyam

Brittain.      Tronstad.        Chrisene

Ayari.               Jrc

Dolan.   Szmodics

Subs: Walhsted, o'riorden, Pickering, Duru, garrett, Buckley,  moran, markanday, Gallagher 

Actually like the looks of this team for Saturday but no way Eustace will do anything different unless injuries dictate.

He'll be far too concerned that if we lose and results go against us, he will have to explain why he didn't play big Sam. 

What's his previous longest goal draught by the way?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rovers11 said:

We've won 3 games all year in the league and it's now nearly May so I'd say it's pretty justified in being half glass empty with this team 😄

Don't recall mentioning a 'win'?

Keep up son.