BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

7 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

They were still on the piss at lunchtime today according to some reports so hopefully they'll be hungover come Saturday

As if that will help. Have you seen us play lately haha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

How many wins though.

We've drawn games that we should have won easily. The guy is shit and over the course of a full season we'll be easily relegated.

We certainly didn't "tighten up at the back" against Bristol City or Wednesday.

We only need a draw, the conversation was regarding how many we'd lost. 

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Not sure how else whole blocks of like hundreds together in the outer wings of the riverside and JW upper/lower fell entirely into the hands of City fans.

Odd ones dotted all over the place had obviously got their hands on tickets from locals selling them but those areas no chance, they'd been empty all season.

It was dodgy beyond just a few fans grabbing a bit of money back.

I agree. I presume they just sent a couple of mates to the ticket office and bought bulk, or did it over the phone). I'm just sure Rovers weren't online at that point. 

First time I ever encountered away fans trying to buy tickets was Man Utd at home in 1992. Got asked if I'd sell my ticket off two people whilst going down. Wasn't even a big game and finished a drab 0-0.

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I agree. I presume they just sent a couple of mates to the ticket office and bought bulk, or did it over the phone). I'm just sure Rovers weren't online at that point. 

First time I ever encountered away fans trying to buy tickets was Man Utd at home in 1992. Got asked if I'd sell my ticket off two people whilst going down. Wasn't even a big game and finished a drab 0-0.

Been asked various times down the years on the walk to the ground and to be fair iv'e done it myself a time or two at away games.

That time at Ewood though was really suss, not sure we were on line but ticketing agencies existed and i suppose it was bulk buying on the phone.

It was the era of the super touts after all but it just amazes me the club didn't notice !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Been asked various times down the years on the walk to the ground and to be fair iv'e done it myself a time or two at away games.

That time at Ewood though was really suss, not sure we were on line but ticketing agencies existed and i suppose it was bulk buying on the phone.

It was the era of the super touts after all but it just amazes me the club didn't notice !

They were a bit thick in regards to tickets back then, remember the Celtic away debacle a couple of years later!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We're reliant on Hull and Norwich IMO as we sure as shit won't help ourselves. We never ever do anything to dampen promotion parties - if anything we roll the red carpet and start popping open the fiz and party poppers. A half pissed Jamie Vardy would still sleepwalk past Hyam and Fadz.

Just get this season done with.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1

I'll be amazed if we get anything from this game - so are entirely in the hands of others. I think/hope we may just survive.

Confident ?  No.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

As if that will help. Have you seen us play lately haha

Exactly they could be on fecking shrooms and useless wouldn't try n win

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

For some reason, I can't see Wednesday getting a win at Sunderland, despite how shite the latter have been lately. Could possibly even see them losing.

Expecting a few mad results on Saturday either way, just not in our match with Leicester of course, we know how that's gonna go.

Edited by TheRevAshton

1 hour ago, berkshireblue said:

When you cast your mind back to FA Cup quarter final v Sheff Utd last season and winning at Millwall last game of the season it is crazy we are in this position as a football club

We were playing very attractive football and had young talent coming through

Now we need Norwich a side we battered at their ground earlier in the season and Sunderland ditto to do us a favour

The owners and people at the top should hang their heads in shame

I just hope we stay up and bury this season in the confines of history never to be repeated

Rao family need to sell up and bring in people who care, know what they are doing and bring back pride

Sadly neither the owners or anyone else at the club, has the same passion as the fans.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TonyM said:

I'll be amazed if we get anything from this game - so are entirely in the hands of others. I think/hope we may just survive.

Confident ?  No.

I'm much more confident  relying on others than our bunch to be fair.

If we had to win to stay up and every other other result sent us down it would be game over, the fact that only one of three sides below us needs to lose has me confident.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, berkshireblue said:

When you cast your mind back to FA Cup quarter final v Sheff Utd last season and winning at Millwall last game of the season it is crazy we are in this position as a football club

We were playing very attractive football and had young talent coming through

Now we need Norwich a side we battered at their ground earlier in the season and Sunderland ditto to do us a favour

The owners and people at the top should hang their heads in shame

I just hope we stay up and bury this season in the confines of history never to be repeated

Rao family need to sell up and bring in people who care, know what they are doing and bring back pride

It has always been the case since the Rao's showed up on our doorstep

A step forward is usually followed with 5 steps backwards

All the way back to the days of Big Sam, the same trend has followed. We went through 3 years of relative hell from the sacking of Big Sam to the start of Gary Bowyer's days. Say what you want about Bowyer, he brought about a period of calm and improved us on the pitch. We had a competitive squad. When he was sacked and replaced with Lambert it finally felt like "game on".....

Then it all came crashing down again. Owen Coyle. Mike Cheston and the exceptional candidate etc etc...

Fast forward and Mowbray came and left us in such a good place. Some people don't like Mowbray but for me he's been our best manager since Mark Hughes. You felt like we were moving forward, especially considering JDT followed and our continued push to play offs, cup runs etc. The tide was turning...............

And then bang. The Rao's strike again

I actually think this latest sham is a gut punch too many. Maybe I am too cynical. But the mood is far different from the relegation season under Coyle / Lambert / Mowbray. There was more positivity that year even though we went down. This year, this time, it is one too many fuck ups, and I think we will struggle to both generate interest next year and to compete. That is of course unless Venkys suddenly decide they want to stump up some cash. They have form for delivering once in a blue moon. Yet whilst they are here, you can't help but feel you are a day away from disaster

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

All the way back to the days of Big Sam, the same trend has followed. We went through 3 years of relative hell from the sacking of Big Sam to the start of Gary Bowyer's days. Say what you want about Bowyer, he brought about a period of calm and improved us on the pitch. We had a competitive squad. When he was sacked and replaced with Lambert it finally felt like "game on".....

Then it all came crashing down again. Owen Coyle. Mike Cheston and the exceptional candidate etc etc...

Fast forward and Mowbray came and left us in such a good place. Some people don't like Mowbray but for me he's been our best manager since Mark Hughes. You felt like we were moving forward, especially considering JDT followed and our continued push to play offs, cup runs etc. The tide was turning...............

I actually think this latest sham is a gut punch too many. Maybe I am too cynical. But the mood is far different from the relegation season under Coyle / Lambert / Mowbray. There was more positivity that year even though we went down. This year, this time, it is one too many fuck ups, and I think we will struggle to both generate interest next year and to compete. That is of course unless Venkys suddenly decide they want to stump up some cash. They have form for delivering once in a blue moon. Yet whilst they are here, you can't help but feel you are a day away from disaster

I do think more fans are realising this now and more seem prepared to vote with their feet.

It remains to be seen what they do with the season ticket prices, but I honestly think, irrespective of what division we are in, the support is about to fall off a cliff.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Don't think I'll be having a ST again for a long while. I didn't renew in the summer on a point of principal and I've only been a few times this season due to conflicting family commitments...is much harder to say no when you don't HAVE to go to Ewood.

The rot is well and truly in. When literally every club in the country are looking at an uptick in attendances we seem to have stayed still or gone backwards and it'll be a record ST sales this summer barring a huge shift in cost.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Don't think I'll be having a ST again for a long while. I didn't renew in the summer on a point of principal and I've only been a few times this season due to conflicting family commitments...is much harder to say no when you don't HAVE to go to Ewood.

The rot is well and truly in. When literally every club in the country are looking at an uptick in attendances we seem to have stayed still or gone backwards and it'll be a record ST sales this summer barring a huge shift in cost.

I fear that once more fans understand the new TV deal & the impact on moving fixtures & k/o times, a lot will re-evaluate. 

• Like 1

Yep, we are in a perfect storm ST wise, terrible product on the pitch, terrible mess off it, expensive and far more of the games now available on TV to boot.

Any normal club would be offering a bloody good deal this summer to counter said storm… alas we ain’t one.

4 hours ago, G Somerset Rover said:

We're reliant on Hull and Norwich IMO as we sure as shit won't help ourselves. We never ever do anything to dampen promotion parties - if anything we roll the red carpet and start popping open the fiz and party poppers. A half pissed Jamie Vardy would still sleepwalk past Hyam and Fadz.

Just get this season done with.

And Sunderland

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If you'd given Mowbray's budget to JDT we'd be playing Premier League football right now.

I don't know how he managed it, because he's far from charming, but he managed to convince the owners to back him with significant cash and allowed him to have free run of the place (appointed Waggott, Venus was our defacto Head of Recruitment etc).

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I fear that once more fans understand the new TV deal & the impact on moving fixtures & k/o times, a lot will re-evaluate. 

It's crying out for a savvy, dynamic thinking commercial team, who can figure out ways in which to take advantage of the new TV deal with smart ticket offers, rather than merely coming up with ways to defend against it.

Alas, that's something we ain't got.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If you'd given Mowbray's budget to JDT we'd be playing Premier League football right now.

I don't know how he managed it, because he's far from charming, but he managed to convince the owners to back him with significant cash and allowed him to have free run of the place (appointed Waggott, Venus was our defacto Head of Recruitment etc).

Simple - He went over to India... Kean did it and Gary Bowyer did it - they usually come back with money to spend.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's crying out for a savvy, dynamic thinking commercial team, who can figure out ways in which to take advantage of the new TV deal with smart ticket offers, rather than merely coming up with ways to defend against it.

Alas, that's something we ain't got.

That’s a fact. Check the wages league and our sale of Wharton and we are still skint. 

No surprise why Ipswich are about to be in the Premier League. Owners with a long term vision, top notch manager and shrewd but significant buys. 

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/championship-wage-bills-2023-24-leeds-leicester-southampton

• Like 1