BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

3 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

What often disappoints me is that LET usually is not making headlines and articles out of important opionions such as Tim Farron's tweet. LET could easily interview Farron and ask him to expand on his tweet and ask for a comment from Rovers owners or Waggot.

This is typically done in Norway, and elsewhere in England I'm sure, where it is expected that the local press regularly asks the club critical questions. I just hope LET steps up going forward. They need to be more brave in their reporting, especially considering the circus that is surrounding the owners.

No chance, the only real thing that still get clicks and keeps the LT from folding is Blackburn Rovers, they won’t be biting the hand that feeds them.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Love the down votes you're getting. 

Every other post laments that we have a shockingly poor squad and yet the same fans expect us to get after teams.

Eustace has come in and done a job. Let's see if the taps are turned on again in the summer. 

The taps have never been turned on under Venkys.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Andy said:

We finished 6th in the '97-'98 season, 5 points off 4th under Roy (qualifying for the UEFA Cup).

Relegated the next season.

Edit: Just checked, it was the season before where we finished 2 above the drop zone.

Well other than that I was right 😄

Thanks for the correction 👍

• Like 1

Another thought that crossed my mind later. Leicester started with that Fatawu on the right wing. Although he looked dangerous on the ball nothing came from him. He just kept coming inside and running into traffic. When they subbed him for Albrighton he just stayed out wide but he was firing in a succession of really dangerous crosses that we struggled to deal with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Sammie is class getting goals considering the dross he plays with ( Wharton has been excellent and is one of those gems but Sammie continued to score even after Wharton left)

A mate messaged me said "oh he's worth £25m easily..! 

On another point.. any changes Ipswich still want Gally now they are promoted?

Well they will need more stewards now they are in the Premier League.

Great end to what was a horrific season. Simply not good enough overall, A few good performances with no consistency. Carried by Szmodics, only a handful can say they deserve to play for the shirt. Boards choice not to invest was a massive gamble plus Administrative errors can not be repeated. League one with our current affairs would of been disastrous. Time for fans to recharge and enjoy some sun. Hope to see your opinions and my moaning back in 10 weeks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

No chance, the only real thing that still get clicks and keeps the LT from folding is Blackburn Rovers, they won’t be biting the hand that feeds them.

Whenever you look at the site and the 'most read' 90% of the time it's Rovers related so naturally they are a propaganda tool for the club.

To be fair they do usually tell it like it is in the most polite terms but the days of putting meat on any bones are long gone.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Whenever you look at the site and the 'most read' 90% of the time it's Rovers related so naturally they are a propaganda tool for the club.

To be fair they do usually tell it like it is in the most polite terms but the days of putting meat on any bones are long gone.

Elliot did write a piece this morning behind a paywall. Wonder what he wrote!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Sammie, what a player.

Better in all depts than Dack and BBD especially attitude, a real gem.

Deserves big things if they come next.

For me hes quite wasteful as an attacking mid, picks the wrong pass all the time and gives it away in dangerous places but as a striker hes lethal. His movement and finishing are so good. Also works his balls off which you have to respect.

Bet he and his agent are wondering why he didnt convert to a striker earlier in his career. They would both be a lot richer!

I would never bemoan a player a move to a higher division, but Szmodics particularly Id be pleased for as the work ethic hes always shown has been so good.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

How bad were our loans this season

moran? I thought he was meant to be the gem, miles off it, don’t see him making it at Brighton 

ayari- didn’t see anything 

chrisene- should probably have played more, might make it as a champ player 

our best one was hill and he scarpered back as soon as he could to escape the shit show 

I think they show how tricky it is to get players who are ready to do a full Championship season unless you're going for the most expensive loans. It's a seriously tough league, and a baptism of fire players with no experience of men's football.

Moran is a perfect case in point. He had a half dozen appearances under JDT where he looked like a very handy player. But We flogged him too much when too many of our other attackers were injured, and he never recovered. I think he'll probably be a decent player at some point, but this season was a real shock to the system for him.

I was worried that it would be too much too soon for Chrisene and Ayari too, but they both won me round to a point. I think our problem was that we were relying on loans to be too important to our squad.

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was just looking at the league table. Have we ever won more away games than home games previously ?

If it was'nt for our late away form, we would be playing league 1 football next season. Our home form has been diabolicle.

Sammy Szchmodics keeps us in the Championship, once again if he had'nt been playing we would have been relegated, with no contribution goalwise from the rest of the team. Enough of my rambing on, well done Rovers for securing Championship football at Ewood next Season. I do'nt think we have seen the best of John Eustace yet, we can regroup in the Summer and let John Eustace strengthen the squad for next Season.

Watching the goals again (and again)…Sammy takes 5 touches for his first goal, all at full pelt, and each one of them perfect direction and distance for what he wanted to do. Gallagher hasn’t had 5 perfect touches all season.

The second goal, I cannot remember us ever having a run on an empty net from that far out, nor seen a player celebrate a goal that long before putting it in.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Think he’s had some shockers this year, but he’s had a lot going on, I think someone has mentioned personal issues, off-field. I don’t think he’s someone we should be getting rid of, but he has ti hit the ground running and improve back to last season’s level, early doors.

Yeah, a lot of recency-bias going on with Hyam I think. A bad season for his standards and a particularly poor few games in the last couple of months, but on form he's still our best centre back. Carter's ceiling is higher, but he's not there yet.

Factor in that JDT's system is almost tailor made to expose centre-backs like Hyam who aren't that quick or pass the ball like Beckenbauer, we should expect much better from him next year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 47er said:

The Arsenal game I'm referring to was a Cup game?

That was about 13-14 months later then....and Michael Appleton was manager. Can't give Kean the credit for that one. 

• Like 1

Thank the Lord I was wrong.  Although until Sir Sammie did his thing it looked like we were down, I knew results would not go our way but I never expected to get anything from Filbert St.

For all those that dissed Sammie when we signed him, how you feel about him now?  Top scorer but so much more than a goal scorer a Lá Jordan Rhodes.

He brought enthusiasm, work rate, leadership

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Yeah, a lot of recency-bias going on with Hyam I think. A bad season for his standards and a particularly poor few games in the last couple of months, but on form he's still our best centre back. Carter's ceiling is higher, but he's not there yet.

Factor in that JDT's system is almost tailor made to expose centre-backs like Hyam who aren't that quick or pass the ball like Beckenbauer, we should expect much better from him next year.

Carter has had a terrible season including his injury. Hopefully its rustiness but he seems to have made at least a bad error in each game.

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Thank the Lord I was wrong.  Although until Sir Sammie did his thing it looked like we were down, I knew results would not go our way but I never expected to get anything from Filbert St.

For all those that dissed Sammie when we signed him, how you feel about him now?  Top scorer but so much more than a goal scorer a Lá Jordan Rhodes.

Filbert Street - that’s a blast from the past!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

I was probably one of those. Szmodics didn't look the part the season when he first signed from Peterborough. It was difficult to see what he offered and why we had  paid so much money for him.  He took time to adapt to the Championship and was probably played out of position in his first season . 

A free role as an attacking midfielder is where he excels and he played brilliantly in that role under Tomasson. Deserves a place in the club's history books for this season alone. Without him we would have been relegated.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I was probably one of those. Szmodics didn't look the part the season when he first signed from Peterborough. It was difficult to see what he offered and why we had  paid so much money for him.  He took time to adapt to the Championship and was probably played out of position in his first season . 

A free role as an attacking midfielder is where he excels and he played brilliantly in that role under Tomasson. Deserves a place in the club's history books for this season alone. Without him we would have been relegated.

When he came at first he wasn’t playing the the role that’s brought him all the goals. We had BBD playing there. When Sammi was playing deeper in midfield he sometimes looked like a fish riding a bike. Pushing him further forward was a master stroke.

Just like what we did with Andy McEvoy. He was an average midfield player until we pushed him up front in an emergency. He never looked back and was up there with Jimmy Greaves and Denis Law as a top goalscorer.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3