BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

What a day of emotions and a remainder of why, after 60 odd years of following Rovers, I'll still renew my season ticket and my away travel season ticket for next season.  Rovers have never done anything the easy way and this season has been no different.  I've always believed we would survive but I must admit there were times when I started to wonder.

Today, as at Leeds, Eustace got the tactics spot on and the players stood up to the pressure and delivered when their backs were against the wall.

Szmodics had been a revelation this season and has been a joy to watch.  At times, when running through on goal, he'sbrought back memories of Andy McEvoy and Tony Field for me and the feeling that he would never miss in those situations.  However, I also think that McFadzean has been a key signing and today he was magnificent, a real leader on the pitch who organises and encourages whilst also being a formidable barrier in defence.  At times he's looked like a second coming of John McNamee and I can offer no greater praise than that.

I hope the owners will provide Eustace with support this summer because I think he has the makings of a decent manager who seems suited to a club like Rovers.  How Birmingham must reject getting rid for Rooney.  I must admit that I won't miss not going to St. Andrews next season.

I was thinking Andy McEvoy when he scored that goal at Leeds. He never really goes for power but he  just passes the ball into the net like a lot of the top strikers do/did.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was thinking Andy McEvoy when he scored that goal at Leeds. He never really goes for power but he  just passes the ball into the net like a lot of the top strikers do/did.

Apart from Shearer who absolutely smashed it in every single time.

He was also the best of all time so probably just an outlier.

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Apart from Shearer who absolutely smashed it in every single time.

He was also the best of all time so probably just an outlier.

Sammie is class getting goals considering the dross he plays with ( Wharton has been excellent and is one of those gems but Sammie continued to score even after Wharton left)

A mate messaged me said "oh he's worth £25m easily..! 

On another point.. any changes Ipswich still want Gally now they are promoted?

About three months apart, I’ll always remember the Arsenal game as I went on a protest pre match and got an earful for a load around m as I took my seat  - ‘just get behind ‘em’ FFS’

Needless to say most of said fans have long disappeared…

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Of all the crazy shit we've done over the last 12 years or so, not selling a contract expiring Gally to Ipswich for 2.5m ( or whatever it was) in Jan is right up there. Wouldn't have even mattered that we didn't replace him.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Sammie reminds me of Craig Bellamy.

Yes very much so, Bellamy was a better player, but take nothing away from Sammie.

Its been a joy watching him this season, he, like the fans, deserve better.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Could be one of the most priceless goals in recent decades. 

Szmodics has single handedly saved the clubs bacon this year. 

It would be a disgusting kick in the face If he gets sold to another championship club at any price. 

Just give the man a giant arse salary increase, he deserves it. 

Well, him & Adam Wharton, embarrassingly for the so-called "top brass".

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was just looking at the league table. Have we ever won more away games than home games previously ?

I do not remember that ever before.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was just looking at the league table. Have we ever won more away games than home games previously ?

Just thinking of other seasons when it felt our home record was very poor and, having checked, 2003/04 is one. Won five home games, seven away. 19th best home record, 7th best away.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Sammie is class getting goals considering the dross he plays with ( Wharton has been excellent and is one of those gems but Sammie continued to score even after Wharton left)

A mate messaged me said "oh he's worth £25m easily..! 

I would think, very little.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

About three months apart, I’ll always remember the Arsenal game as I went on a protest pre match and got an earful for a load around m as I took my seat  - ‘just get behind ‘em’ FFS’

Needless to say most of said fans have long disappeared…

#metoo

14 hours ago, arbitro said:

Bang on the money.

What often disappoints me is that LET usually is not making headlines and articles out of important opionions such as Tim Farron's tweet. LET could easily interview Farron and ask him to expand on his tweet and ask for a comment from Rovers owners or Waggot.

This is typically done in Norway, and elsewhere in England I'm sure, where it is expected that the local press regularly asks the club critical questions. I just hope LET steps up going forward. They need to be more brave in their reporting, especially considering the circus that is surrounding the owners.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Sutton was joint top scorer in 97-98 when we finished 13th but only 2 points off the drop.

We finished 6th in the '97-'98 season, 5 points off 4th under Roy (qualifying for the UEFA Cup).

Relegated the next season.

Edit: Just checked, it was the season before where we finished 2 above the drop zone.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1