BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 04/05/2024 - Will We Stay Or Will We Go?

8 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

You can enjoy yourself without it being gratuitous. I don’t think he’s captain material, this is the most recent in a long line of events. Do you disagree?

He's more of a captain than hyam i know that much

To all those saying Eustace wins at Leicester and Leeds please remember Kean won at Old Trafford and drew at Liverpool. Just saying.

His performance so far has been debatable at best, but now the slate is wiped clean. Lets see what he can do pre-season.

We got Leicester on a good day but we still had a point to get. We did so lets celebrate the season is over and we can move on not that we avoided relegation.

Rovers til I die!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, levi said:

He's more of a captain than hyam i know that much

That's not difficult. 

Hyam gets the captaincy because he's a big, experienced CB - nobody seems to have taken into account that he's clearly a flake. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we will see more of attacking plan next season which in pre season he can get to work with the players he wants to keep and the signings he wants. 

The last 3 months was what Eustace said it was post match interview today

How do you know we will see more of an attacking plan?

You dont. I havent seen any at all, I get a focus on clean sheets but I have seen NOTHING in terms of how he wants to attack. He didnt arrive as a man with a reputation of setting teams up to attack. Hopefully he will going against every bit of evidence we have seen so far as Rovers manager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Plymouth aside Mcfadzean has been brilliant for us

His deficiencies are there for all to see, but I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that we go down this year without signing him.

It's panic stations if we go into next year with him being anything other than cover, but he's played a massive part. 

• Like 5

• Backroom

I don't agree with how Eustace has approached a fair few games, but he's done what he was brought in to do and deserves next season to show what he's capable of with a preseason under his belt. I just dread to think what our summer activity will look like. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know we will see more of an attacking plan?

You dont. I havent seen any at all, I get a focus on clean sheets but I have seen NOTHING in terms of how he wants to attack. He didnt arrive as a man with a reputation of setting teams up to attack. Hopefully he will going against every bit of evidence we have seen so far as Rovers manager.

basic common sense. It took JDT months to get his attacking plan over to the players and implementing into games. Eustace will do similar like he did at Birmingham over time and with his own signings 

This season was survival and getting back to basics, keeping clean sheets which he has done now against 3 of the top 4 teams in championship teams. 

He has the summer to shape his own squad and what he wants going forward (depending on budget) 

• Like 1

Tomasson did take time to bed in his attacking approach. But during that time, we were winning games, thats the key difference. We were offering an attacking threat, we didnt just aimlessly punt the ball into the channels repeatedly.

45 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

image.png.08dba1a08bcb235878b87722acd4fc63.png

And that illustrates the difference between Eustace’s mindset and the fans’ (and JDT’s) - the primary aim is to not lose, if you happen to win that’s just a bonus.

So, whereas for most of us his record is 3 wins in 18 (4 if you’re Chaddy) - which is poor whichever way you slice it - he views it as 5 defeats in 18 - which is reasonably respectable. 

Basically, we just need to prepare ourselves for a lot more draws and pretty turgid football next year - maybe that way we’ll be less frustrated as we know what to expect 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Absolutely delighted we stayed up and won today, as every result went against us.

If Venkys don't invest though, it's just delaying the inevitable.

I’m afraid you’re right.  

We need Hedges, Siggy, & Trav back (if only for depth), but the roster still needs upgrades all over the place. 

2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I’m afraid you’re right.  

We need Hedges, Siggy, & Trav back (if only for depth), but the roster still needs upgrades all over the place. 

We need an entirely new attacking lineup. They'll sell Szmodics at the first opportunity as well.

They are an absolute disgrace of an ownership.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Great day and congratulations to the players and John Eustace whose approach to saving the club from relegation was vindicated today.

And so the PR machine begins...

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

basic common sense. It took JDT months to get his attacking plan over to the players and implementing into games. Eustace will do similar like he did at Birmingham over time and with his own signings 

This season was survival and getting back to basics, keeping clean sheets which he has done now against 3 of the top 4 teams in championship teams. 

He has the summer to shape his own squad and what he wants going forward (depending on budget) 

Your last paragraph shows you aren't using common sense as the chances he will get to shape his own squad when JDT, Lambert, Coyle and even TM at times were not allowed to are beyond minimal. 

10 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

And that illustrates the difference between Eustace’s mindset and the fans’ (and JDT’s) - the primary aim is to not lose, if you happen to win that’s just a bonus.

So, whereas for most of us his record is 3 wins in 18 (4 if you’re Chaddy) - which is poor whichever way you slice it - he views it as 5 defeats in 18 - which is reasonably respectable. 

Basically, we just need to prepare ourselves for a lot more draws and pretty turgid football next year - maybe that way we’ll be less frustrated as we know what to expect 

Eustace came in with Rovers in absolute free fall. People argue that JDT's early season results kept us up - he'd just failed to win at home against Huddersfield, Rotherham and QPR (with several thumping away losses in that period too).

Again, I'm a card carrying member of the JDT fan club, but he'd clearly lost the dressing room and his arrogance was on full display during that period - he didn't adapt his tactics at all and was determined to keep Brittain / Pickering bombing on leaving us wide open at the back.

That arrogance is partly born from the fact he knows he can get another good job somewhere with his credentials. Eustace knows that he'd be lucky to get a job managing Kidderminster again if he relegated us - the downside of being an unfashionable English manager - so he had to be more pragmatic. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Michael123458 said:

let’s regroup over the summer have a break and go again next year. 

With bigger cost reductions, Sammie sold, reliant on freebies -Indian court permitting....

9 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I’m afraid you’re right.  

I suspect Travis is on his way out. He's one of our highest paid players and forced his way out on loan in January - I think his card is marked. 

2 minutes ago, aletheia said:

With bigger cost reductions, Sammie sold, reliant on freebies -Indian court permitting....

Well c. I’m glad we’re championship again that league one is total dogshit hate that league. 

Fuck the Venkys we are the rovers