BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

My main beef with Souness was that he got rid of Berg, one of our most consistent members of the team who seemed to be able to get some order out of players such as Taylor and Gresko. I mean, what the hell was Gresko doing yesterday???

That and he brought in no players pre-season that were proven in the premiership despite losing Duff, Berg and Dunn. Duff and Berg being the greater losses.

That said, I would hate to see Souness go. I think we have a top manager in Souness and have enjoyed a good few seasons with him at the helm. I just hope he can turn it around before we get into a relegation battle. Maybe he will take advantage of the transfer window and strengthen the defence.

Please dont give him any more money to waste on crap players. The vast majority of players he has bought are just not good enough.

I think people are judging Barry Ferguson too early but having said that he has paid twice the amount for him that he got for Dunny who IS a better player. Again he has wasted money on Amaruso who the Rangers supporters who were glad to get rid of and given them money as well as our best defender. That is just downright bad management. He should be made to work with the players he has bought instead of giving him more money to blow. How many defenders and strikers has he bought? How many good defenders and strikers have we?

Hello, i am new to this forum but have been reading many posts over the last few months( havent been able to join because if problem with my cr*py email) ne way il cut the story. Although we have had a disatourous patch i feel we shouldn't get rid of souness. He has turned the club around in his 3 seasons so far and i personally believe that we will get out of this bad patch as he keeps saying. We should stick with souness and things will cheer up!!! come on rovers lets live up to our potential and start getting some points :rover:

My main beef with Souness was that he got rid of Berg

Get it right... He didn't get rid of Berg, Berg got rid of himself by refusing a contract extension.

Utter rubbish. Henning wanted to stay but your great manager wanted Amaruso so badly. Dont even think about calling Berg, one of Blackburn Rovers best players in the last decade above an arrogant, self centred, bigotted, aggressive man who cant even admit to his own mistakes.

i think souness is the man to pull us out of the sh1t.i just think its time the team from the fans friendly were called up we are the only rovers team to win a eufa match so maybe tris can get a few crackers in the premiership just dont let jacko take the penelties

Get it right... He didn't get rid of Berg, Berg got rid of himself by refusing a contract extension.

:withstupid:

Souness chose to get rid of Berg.  Forget what happened previously, at the end of the season Berg wanted a new contract but Souness didn't give him one.

Anybody who twists it to make it sound like we had no choice is blindly defending a mistake made in the summer.

I think Souness should stay. The only way I can see Souness going is if he decides that he has taken this club as far has he can.

Currently the situation is unacceptable for everyone - Souness, Fans, Players.

Rovers need stability, the injured & suspended to be available all the time and to develop consistency, if we fire the manager and the change doesn't come off then we've had it! We would be in no different a situation as we are now but owing probably a big redundancy fee.

So I look at it this way we have had three good years with Souness, after a couple of dreadful years in the wilderness managed by the two next big things in English football (Hodgson & Kidd) and they could have ruined us. Hodgson built a team and spent cash, Kidd replaced him didn't like the squad and spent more cash buying more players.

Now we have had less than three poor months and a lot of us are looking at a knee jerk reaction.

Surely it is too early to change the manager especially as we are only a couple of wins off mid-table.  

Also Souness has probably spent the last of our transfer money on purchasing a new group of players to build his own team. This new team has only had 11 league games together.  A new manager would probably have a totally different view of the personnel but wouldn't have any money to spend on new players. Remember we couldn't afford to bring in Julian Gray.

Finally Rovers can't buy anyone until the transfer window opens anyway (If we have any cash left). So we still have time to see how the season develops, whether we start to pick up points or begin to lose touch with the other teams.

Therefore - Too soon to get rid of a man who has given us some of The Rovers best times.

Interesting to see that Crystal Palace gave Steve Kember the chop today after the club slipped to 20th place in the first division.

Simon Jordan, the chairman, said that results had been unacceptable and he had to act before it was too late. Quite right too.

How long do we have to wait before the Rovers board acts? After the Everton game, and another defeat? December? January? When?

Souness's position is very close to becoming untenable now, but to wait too long for results to improve is inviting disaster.  In my opinion, the club should tell Souness that he has three games to turn the situation round: if he does not, then he will have to go.

Of course, Souness could tender his resignation before then, but I doubt if his pride and arrogance will allow him to do that.

Jim, we were all made aware of your feelings towards Souness when he didn`t acknowledge you and your son in the tunnel at Ewood. Since that day you have had a personnal vendetta against him but not for footballing reasons. Admittedly, recent results have given you ammunition BUT, you seem happy that BRFC are losing just so you can get at the manager.

I`ve no idea where your articles were published but you sound like a bitter tabloid hack churning out bitter, personnal insults that do not represent the majority. Its not controversial, its not fishing for a bite. Its tiresome. You seemed happy enough to have a day out at Cardiff and yet won`t pop up the road to Leicester to SUPPORT the team when they need it moe than ever.

Glory hunting hack.

As for some of you others:

KennySuperBuy...you`re the one I have most respect for because since day dot you`ve not been happy with Souness so your complaints have a lot of foundation even if most of us disagree with you.Thats life.

Then theres RevidgeBlue. Yes we do recognise the problems so don`t acuse us of not being true fans. There is a difference between getting behind the team when they need us most ( which includes the gaffer ) and sheer blind faith. After everything Souness has achieved at our club I think he has earnt the right for more time. Stay off them bandwagons.

Jim...just bitter

Jan2....are you getting religion and football in a muddle?

Rover6.......in all my time on this messageboard you are by far and away the worst contributor by a country mile. Even Burnley fans like CC and Sam speak more sense than you and its even an insult for a dingle to be compared with your sort.

There are others

Stick to your effing bandwagons the lot of you.

Us fans will stick together.

• Backroom

Souness chose to get rid of Berg.  Forget what happened previously, at the end of the season Berg wanted a new contract but Souness didn't give him one.

Anybody who twists it to make it sound like we had no choice is blindly defending a mistake made in the summer.

So players should be allowed to change their minds willy-nilly should they LC ? especially if the house they are having built in Norway isn't quite finished ! yeah right !

Of course, Souness could tender his resignation before then, but I doubt if his pride and arrogance will allow him to do that.

Couple of points Jim.

1.  Presumably you would like Simon Jordan to take charge of BRFC?  After all it was him that appointed Kember so where exactly does the buck stop?

2.  Steve Kember?  What has he ever achieved in football anyway?

3.  Resignation?  It appears that at this moment in time Jim, Graeme Souness has more support than you by a country mile so if I may presume to speak for the majority of this mb we'll bloody well accept yours from this forum! ........Providing of course that your pride, arrogance........ and ignorance .......will allow you to do that!

You are so typical of your occupation.

If things don't pick up by Christmas time, Mr. Souness should be invited to take up punditry on Sky TV full-time. I know Souness is a deity for some for his past achievements, but something has been gone wrong, with a team that he's mainly signed, and he should take responsibility. I like Souness, and he has done a lot for the club, but we cannot keep our fingers crossed and hope Souness will 'work his magic' again.

At least the club's finances are OK :).

Many things happen in football that you just cannot predict or plan for. I can't help but feel that either (a) the rot will continue so that by Xmas things are really desperate; or (B) for no apparent reason and quite out the blue, Rovers will suddenly go out and unexpectedly thrash someone (maybe even a win over a top 4 club). Whichever one happens, Souness will get the blame/credit (whichever is applicable).

As for some of you others:

KennySuperBuy...you`re the one I have most respect for because since day dot you`ve not been happy with Souness so your complaints have a lot of foundation even if most of us disagree with you.Thats life.

Then theres RevidgeBlue. Yes we do recognise the problems so don`t acuse us of not being true fans. There is a difference between getting behind the team when they need us most ( which includes the gaffer ) and sheer blind faith. After everything Souness has achieved at our club I think he has earnt the right for more time. Stay off them bandwagons.

Jim...just bitter

Jan2....are you getting religion and football in a muddle?

Rover6.......in all my time on this messageboard you are by far and away the worst contributor by a country mile. Even Burnley fans like CC and Sam speak more sense than you and its even an insult for a dingle to be compared with your sort.

There are others

Stick to your effing bandwagons the lot of you.

Us fans will stick together.

Bugger, was trying not to post but can't let this go.......

So if people don't happen to agree with your point of view then they're not a "fan" Fair enough.

If you're going to be rude about it, I might as well be rude too and advise you to take your head out of the effing sand.

I hope that I am not a bandwagon jumper and that my views are consistent whether or not people necessarily agree with them.

My view is that I support Blackburn Rovers not Graeme Souness. Unqualified support for him can only last so long and if performances and  results don't improve over the next month (after Birmingham on December 6 personally ) I feel the club have little option but to try a different approach.

We CAN NOT afford to go down.

If that sad day did arrive, (and let's hope it never does as a result of the players starting to perform for him) it wouldn't be a case of "Never darken our doorstep again" more a case of "Thanks for everything you've done. - you're welcome back anytime."

You may not agree, but I'm not going to start accusing you of not being a fan if you don't, we just hold differing viewpoints on the best way forward.

Bugger, was trying not to post but can't let this go.......

So if people don't happen to agree with your point of view then they're not a "fan" Fair enough.

If you're going to be rude about it, I might as well be rude too and advise you to take your head out of the effing sand.

I hope that I am not a bandwagon jumper and that my views are consistent whether or not people necessarily agree with them.

My view is that I support Blackburn Rovers not Graeme Souness. Unqualified support for him can only last so long and if performances and  results don't improve over the next month (after Birmingham on December 6 personally ) I feel the club have little option but to try a different approach.

We CAN NOT afford to go down.

If that sad day did arrive, (and let's hope it never does as a result of the players starting to perform for him) it wouldn't be a case of "Never darken our doorstep again" more a case of "Thanks for everything you've done. - you're welcome back anytime."

You may not agree, but I'm not going to start accusing you of not being a fan if you don't, we just hold differing viewpoints on the best way forward.

Good post Rev....totally agree.

On this - and other threads - I feel that there is a danger of losing ones perspective.

We already have a manager who has proven his football managerial ability at Rovers and elsewhere. We are indeed fortunate to have such a manager and especially one who can also produce the credentials of having played the game at the highest levels. Many other teams would love to have him - are they wrong???

When times are tough - as indeed they are now - who in their right mind would sack a person qualified to sort the problems out. The replacements I've seen suggested so far are of ex-managers looking for a job (after being fired elsewhere) or of managers inexperienced at the EPL level of the game.

The last thing Rovers need at this point is such a manager.

The evolution and building of a football team takes time - always true when previously important parts of the 'machine' have been lost. New players DO take time to settle and established players are often affected by this process. A anager also needs time to get the best out of his new players and systems. Did we really believe that we would be top 4 by this point of the season. OK we hoped to be better placed than we currently are but its still early days.

Blind panic now will only lead to ultimate disaster.

Whilst the current squad has not yet lived up to its pre-season billing the fact is that it's the squad we've got and my confidence in the abilty of Souness to get the best out of it is not shaken. I believe he will and soon.

When things are bad its no use at all in 'families' fighting amonst themselves and a quicker way out of the mire is to all work and pull together. We all (apart from the Burnley tossers who sneak into this board) are Rovers through and through and will support whatever - lets get behind the team and get as many down to Ewood as possible v Everton and show the team that we - the fans - are right there with them.

Just think if you can persuade one other person to go with you - even if you have to pay the beer afterwards - how good the gate will be.

For my part I'm an expat so all I can do is make sure I'm up at 3am to cheer (yes and shout) at the TV but I've emailed that notice on the opening page to a mate who lives in Wigan and hes just sent back to say that he'll go and take his 75 year old Dad who followed Rovers years ago before moving and losing touch. (Before cars? I dont know).

A couple of wins at it will all be best mates and what the f**k can we moan about now.

By the way we are going to beat Everton - I gave my girlfiend some money to go off to a Temple and get a badluck curse put on Everton to lose - I downloaded this years Everton squad photo and it was all the monk needed. Believe it or not but just wait and see.

:rover:  :rover:

Utter rubbish. Henning wanted to stay but your great manager wanted Amaruso so badly. Dont even think about calling Berg, one of Blackburn Rovers best players in the last decade above an arrogant, self centred, bigotted, aggressive man who cant even admit to his own mistakes.

Now from the quality wordsmanship of that post I don't know whether the "bigot" you are refering to is Amoruso or Souness (since you seem to have an unbound hatred for both in equal measure). Either way you are talking nothing but malicious garbage.

Amoruso was the first Catholic to captain the (tragically) historically Protestant Glasgow Rangers.

Souness was the first manager of said club to sign a Catholic (an ex-Celt, no less). He is also married to a Catholic lady.

As for your "unable to admit to  his own mistakes" thing, again, nonsense.

Amoruso has fully admitted that he has not started well at Rovers.

Souness, well didn't he quickly get shot of Diawara, Sukur and Unsal after it became obvious that they weren't working out?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.