BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] De Pedro Signs

Great signing but lets give him time to settle in - there's not been that many Spanish players in the Premiership and Jose Reyes didn't exactly set the world on fire for Arsenal this season.

What he will do is provide balance to the side, and although I don't think he'll be brilliant from the off, he will prove a great signing come the end of the season. He's got a good deal of time to settle in England but lets not build the guy up too much before he actually plays some Premiership football.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Backroom
Here's my suggestion for a chant for de Pedro -

Gerrinto em

Gerrinto em

Gerrinto em

OR

Shearer

Shearer

Shearer

I would stick to writing the Column if I was you LDR ! LOL tongue.giftongue.gifcool.gif

Not sure about the Shearer chant for de Pedro to be honest LD - a bit obscure.

Anyway - Come on Kenny! I don't think anyone is building the fella up too much. Personally I'm just excited that we've finally got a left footed winger in. He sounds reasonable enough and was free! Next thing we'll have people being enthusiastic and optimistic on the MB about the new season. We can't have that can we?

De Pedro's a Spaniard,

He wears the blue n white,

And Revidge Blue's still crying,

Cos Curtis turned out @#/?.

And then there's tiny Taylor,

The lanky streak of pi$$,

Now that's one gormless b^&%$*d

That we ain't gonna miss!

ph34r.gif

To the tune of my old man's a dustman.

Feel free to add verses I'm off for a meeting sad.gif

Edited by Ossydave

Lathund-

"Baggio has lots of caps, but they are a while back and he hasn't played at the top level in a top team for a while."

I must disagree with you, albeit slightly. Dino Baggio was the Rino Gattuso of his day, a top 5 holding midfielder, like you said tons of caps, huge experience for Parma, and other huge italian teams. But for some reason (I'm guessing injuries) he hit a wall at 29-30... what I disagree with is that he was always part of a top team... he was part of that Lazio team that purchased the league championship a few years back.

rover.gif

It's either from Cosi fan Tutte or Madam Butterfly, anyway, the chant had already been appropriated for Di Canio.

"Franciso de Pedro! Franciso de Pedro!"

then higher:

or something ph34r.gif

well, his full name is Francisco Javier De Pedro, but nobody calls him Francisco, just Javier De Pedro or Javi de Pedro (Javi to Javier is the same that Jack to John). BTW: Real Sociedad = Royal Society (of San Sebastian, the full name) tongue.gif

Lathund-

"Baggio has lots of caps, but they are a while back and he hasn't played at the top level in a top team for a while."

I must disagree with you, albeit slightly. Dino Baggio was the Rino Gattuso of his day, a top 5 holding midfielder, like you said tons of caps, huge experience for Parma, and other huge italian teams. But for some reason (I'm guessing injuries) he hit a wall at 29-30... what I disagree with is that he was always part of a top team... he was part of that Lazio team that purchased the league championship a few years back.

rover.gif

Yeah but that was like 4? years ago? And correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't actually played regular Serie A football for a while? And it doesn't help that he was played as an attacking midfielder either.

But compared to say Babbel he still seemed a safer bet when he joined IMO.

It's either from Cosi fan Tutte or Madam Butterfly, anyway, the chant had already been appropriated for Di Canio.

then higher:

or something  ph34r.gif

well, his full name is Francisco Javier De Pedro, but nobody calls him Francisco, just Javier De Pedro or Javi de Pedro (Javi to Javier is the same that Jack to John). BTW: Real Sociedad = Royal Society (of San Sebastian, the full name) tongue.gif

Javi de Ped-i-ro! Javi de Ped-i-ro!

Javi De Pedro, Javi de Pedro!

thumbs-up.gifsmile.gif

"Javi the Spanish fella,

likes sangria and paella,

looks nothing like Paul Weller,

won't you score a goal for me?"

(sung to the tune of The Addams Family)

Is this my coat? Why yes it is. Good night. blink.gif

"Javi the Spanish fella,

likes sangria and paella,

looks nothing like Paul Weller,

won't you score a goal for me?"

(sung to the tune of The Addams Family)

Is this my coat? Why yes it is. Good night. blink.gif

quite funny but not sure it will catch on biggrin.gif

Personally, I'd rather have MGP and I still have reservations about de Pedro's current form BUT given the lack of cash and that we couldn't afford the inflated fee required for MGP, this is as good as we're going to get so well done Rovers for moving in before other clubs. Good news that he'll be arriving in time for pre-season training rather than a last minute arrival like Andresen who turns up out of shape.

My thoughts exactly. Would prefer someone younger but with the limited budget getting someone of this quality is an excellent move.

To cap it off I would really like Souness to 'do another Stead' and pick up a left midfielder on the cheap from the lower divisions. With de pedro also on the books there won't be so much pressure on the player and not so much risk if the player doesn't come good. Ideally we'd find the successor to de Pedro or at least a capable squad player capable of playing on the left - unlike Reid.

To "In The Navy". I apologize in advance.

"Super Javi, He's our left wing superman,

Super Javi, Can he cross it? Yes he can!!

Super Javi, Super Javi"

"Super Javi, He's marauding down the wing,

Super Javi, Touchline Monster's scared of him,

Super Javi, Super Javi"

Super Javi, Super Javi"

Super Javi, Super Javi"

Great!!! biggrin.gif

Personally, I'd rather have MGP and I still have reservations about de Pedro's current form BUT given the lack of cash and that we couldn't afford the inflated fee required for MGP, this is as good as we're going to get so well done Rovers for moving in before other clubs.  Good news that he'll be arriving in time for pre-season training rather than a last minute arrival like Andresen who turns up out of shape.

My thoughts exactly. Would prefer someone younger but with the limited budget getting someone of this quality is an excellent move.

To cap it off I would really like Souness to 'do another Stead' and pick up a left midfielder on the cheap from the lower divisions. With de pedro also on the books there won't be so much pressure on the player and not so much risk if the player doesn't come good. Ideally we'd find the successor to de Pedro or at least a capable squad player capable of playing on the left - unlike Reid.

hang on chaps.

most people on here have never seen him play in a blue and white halved shirt before...so lets give the guy a chance. secondly most people on here have never seen mgp play either...so again, you can't prefer to have somebody that you may not have ever seen play football over somebody that you may not have ever seen football.

am i alone in thinking that we are quite good at judging football players...even before a ball has been kicked in anger.

Super Javi, Super Javi"

Super Javi, Super Javi"

i like this one alot

aswell as the

de pedro wooooaaooo

to the tune of viera's arsenal chant

de pedro wooooaaooo

de pedro wooooaaooo

de pedro crosses the ball

and rovers score a goal

biggrin.gif

To the tune of Robin Hood

De Pedro, De Pedro flying down the wing

de pedro, de pedro he's our spanish king

crosses the ball, rovers score a goal

de pedro, de pedro, de pedro

Not very original I know dry.gif

To Bohemian Rhapsody tongue.gif

'Javi, just skinned a man,

Put the ball between his legs,

Kept on going, left him dead,

Too long a song for me to be bothered about finishing it though.

I know where you live biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.